NEWLY PUBLISHED JOURNALS
NEWLY ANNOUNCED JOURNAL
SHORT OVERVIEW OF TIME PERSPECTIVE AND SYSTEM APPROACHES FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN LATIN AMERICA
HIGHLIGHTING... INDERSCIENCE'S ONLINE JOURNAL COLLECTIONS
FREE SAMPLE ISSUES AND OPEN ACCESS ARTICLES
RESEARCH PICKS AND ARTICLES FEATURED IN THE PRESS
We hope you find the mix of news and other items useful.
Tell us what you think by emailing email@example.com
5 new journal titles have been published and uploaded to our online database since the previous Highlights. Here are are their contents; to find the free full text of the articles of these inaugural issues, please click on the links provided:
- A cellular automaton-based passive-acoustic technique for topological characterisation of objects in fluid with potential application to carotid artery plaques
- Simulation and analysis of HIV-AIDS dynamics
- A systematic literature review of data forecast and internet of things on the e-health landscape
- Integrating the Kano model for optimising CPR-D training system
- Soup burns and the roles played by viscosity, solid constituents, epidermal thickness and clothing
- Measuring the impact of certified electronic health record technology on cost, quality and safety outcomes
- A comparison of structured data query methods versus natural language processing to identify metastatic melanoma cases from electronic health records
- Extraction of breast cancer biomarker status using natural language processing
- Edutainment and practice in video-based learning: enriching educational videos with interactive activities and games
- The effectiveness of using LEGO® robotics kits as cognitive and social rehabilitative toys
- Designing interconnected haptic interfaces and actuators for teleoperations in mobile ad hoc networks
- The impact of incentive mechanism and knowledge sharing motivation on the satisfaction of fanpage's members on Facebook in Vietnam
- A comprehensive design of a structured technology-based therapy to prevent post intensive care syndrome (CogGYM platform)
- Use of simulation technology in teaching nursing clinical skills
- A hybrid approach to find cloned objects in copy move forged images
- Performing opinion mining and analytical study for cashless transactions
- State estimation-based target tracking and applications of multi sensor data fusion
- Prioritising test cases by collaborating artefacts of software development life cycle
- Optimal distribution feeder reconfiguration with optimal planning of distributed generation for loss reduction and voltage improvement using differential evolution algorithm
- Providing location privacy for online services in vehicular ad hoc networks
- Wavelet analysis of EEG for the identification of alcoholics using probabilistic classifiers and neural networks
- Optimisation of multi-body fishbot undulatory swimming speed based on SOLEIL and BhT simulators
- Design and development of a novel MOSFET structure for reduction of reverse bias pn junction leakage current
- Palm pattern recognition using scale invariant feature transform
- Mutation-based PSO techniques for optimal location and parameter settings of STATCOM under generator contingency
- Semantic SPA framework for situational student-project allocation in education
- Soft tissues deformation and removal simulation modelling for virtual surgery
- A review for the automatic methods of plant's leaf image segmentation
- Performance evaluation on internet of things protocols to identify a suitable one for millions of tiny internet nodes
- Intelligent big data service for meteorological cloud platform
- A process recommendation method using bag-of-fragments
- An evolutionary service solution for spatio-temporal data analysis in highway domain
- An approach to auxiliary code generation for mobile environment: a case study of thrift-based codes conversion
- A distributed data processing platform over meteorological big data using MapReduce
The first issues of all our journals are available as free full-text issues. Abstracts and bibliographic details are also available for all articles, and subscription details may be found here.
For more new journals published recently, go to our Journal news page. We also have other new journals in the last stages of the production process, so use the Inderscience news page and blog to keep up with our progress.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +41-22-9295600 for details of subscriptions.
Inderscience is pleased to announce that the following new journal title has been registered, with publication planned for 2021:
To submit a paper to this new title or to any of Inderscience's journals, please visit our For Authors page.
SHORT OVERVIEW OF TIME PERSPECTIVE AND SYSTEM APPROACHES FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN LATIN AMERICA
Associate Prof. Luciana O. Cezarino
Editor in Chief, Latin American Journal of Management for Sustainable Development
In the digital era, sustainability requires companies to focus their strategic planning in the interests of stakeholders and future generations. This dual change in time perspective and breadth of outlook is a deep learning process in organisational scope and also in the span considered by decision makers. The rejection of time decisions has contributed to short-termism (Bansal & Desjardine, 2014), and the omission of the systems approach has reinforced specialisation vision and exclusion outcomes in organisations (Jackson, 2009). It is known that all global organisations face this challenge to move ahead in sustainability. However, Latin America has its own particular context... More
Inderscience Publishers' online journal collections represent excellent value for money. You can
◾ subscribe to the full online journal collection ◾
◾ select one or more of our pre-selected subject collections ◾
◾ create a customised collection of 15 or more titles of your choice ◾
Our ten pre-selected online journal subject collections are listed below. Each collection is broken into more specific sub-collections, full details of which are available via the links provided.
Computing and Mathematics
Economics and Finance
Education, Knowledge and Learning
Energy and Environment
Healthcare and Biosciences
Management and Business
Public Policy and Administration
Risk, Safety and Emergency Management
Science, Engineering and Technology
Society and Leisure
A subscription to the full online journal collection, a pre-selected subject collection or a customised collection can provide extensive discounts on title list prices. To request a quotation, to set up a FREE institutional online trial or for further information about our licensing options, please email email@example.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +41-22-9295600 for details of subscriptions, including complete collection subscriptions and tailor-made packages.
Please help Atypon share the latest coronavirus research and news
In response to the worsening global health emergency, Atypon has created a website with a free real-time, social media-like feed that delivers the latest peer-reviewed research, preprints and news on the coronavirus pandemic as soon as it is published. Their goal is to help the professionals combating this outbreak to get the latest facts sooner and put them into practice more quickly.
To help us expand the reach of this resource, please consider sharing the link to the Novel Coronavirus Outbreak Special Edition with your networks. This free feed aggregates content from over 30,000 authoritative sources across the web to accelerate the discovery of trusted, comprehensive information.
The Novel Coronavirus Outbreak Special Edition feed is driven by Scitrus, Atypon’s AI-based discovery technology. The feed is publicly available at www.scitrus.com/special/novel-coronavirus-outbreak.
Scholarly publishing community has role to play in protecting U.S. healthcare workers from COVID-19: non-medical professionals asked to donate protective supplies to GetUsPPE.org
Critical PPE items such as facemasks, goggles, gloves, and protective gowns are stockpiled in offices and facilities that have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic: from labs in universities and corporations, to machine shops, cleanrooms and engineering and construction job sites.
The website GetUsPPE.org is coordinating the transfer of unused PPE from private organisations to the healthcare facilities requesting them in the same vicinity.
GetUsPPE.org is a grassroots organisation led by emergency medicine physicians, working to give all PPE proceeds to the frontline healthcare workers most in need.
Please visit GetUsPPE.org for details of how you can help.
International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology is now an open access-only journal
We are pleased to announce that the International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology is now an Open Access-only journal. All accepted articles submitted from March 2020 onwards will be Open Access, and will require an article processing charge of US $1200.
New editors have been appointed as follows:
Dr. Parviz Dabir-Alai to the International Journal of Happiness and Development.
Prof. Yimin Shao to the International Journal of Hydromechatronics.
Associate Prof. Jesús García-Madariaga to the International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising.
Dr. Vesna Skrbinjek to the International Journal of Management in Education.Prof. José António Correia to the International Journal of Ocean Systems Management.
Associate Prof. Siew Chan to the International Journal of Services and Standards.
Prof. Jianbo Su to the International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications.
Associate Prof. Yunfei Chen to the International Journal of Ultra Wideband Communications and Systems.
Prof. Zbigniew Pastuszak to the International Journal of Value Chain Management.
Associate Prof. Luciana Oranges Cezarino to the Latin American Journal of Management for Sustainable Development.
Associate Prof. Violeta Roso to the World Review of Intermodal Transportation Research.
|The following sample issues and open access articles have been made available since the previous edition of Highlights. All of the articles can be accessed for free.|
Feedback: email email@example.com with any feedback you may have.