International Journal of Exergy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Dincer
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2021 1.383 (5 Year Impact Factor 1.272)
- CiteScore 2020 1.9
IJEX is dedicated to providing an interdisciplinary platform for information and ideas in the field of exergy and thermodynamic optimisation. It publishes a wide range of original, high-quality research papers, and ancillary features, spanning activities from fundamental research to industrial applications. IJEX covers aspects of exergy analysis of engineering and non-engineering systems and processes in a large variety of disciplines, ranging from mechanical engineering to physics and chemical engineering to industrial ecology.
Topics covered include
- Thermodynamic systems
- Energy-related applications
- Process optimisation
- Energy systems, policies, planning
- Exergy/environment modelling
- Exergetic life cycle assessment
- Industrial ecology
- Sectoral exergy utilisation
- Waste exergy emissions
- Second-law efficiency
- Thermo- and exergo-economics
- Exergy in sustainable development
- Criticisms of and problems with use of exergy
- Entropy generation minimisation
- Constructal theory and design
IJEX aims to provide a forum for disseminating high-quality research results in the wide domain covered by the methods of exergy analysis, entropy generation minimisation and thermo-economics. Papers on related topics such as exergy utilisation, irreversible process modelling, size and time constraints, environmental modelling, exergy waste and emissions and exergo-economics are welcome. Also welcome are studies devoted to method, modelling, theory, computational simulation, design, experimentation, and measurement. It is our objective to bring the community together in the forum for IJEX and to expand it. The hope of all of us in thermodynamics is to develop a more coherent science, and to leave for future generations a more useful methodology.
Exergy analysis is cited by many researchers and practising engineers to be a powerful tool for assessing the thermodynamic efficiencies and losses of systems and processes. Not surprisingly, therefore, the technique is used in various industries. For example, some electrical generation companies in Europe utilise exergy methods to enhance and maintain plant performance. Exergy and exergy related topics are getting the highest percentage of support in North America and Europe. Even in developing countries, there are many individual projects getting significant research money for exergy related topics.
In a world rapidly running out of fossil fuel, exergy appears to be one of potential solutions for more efficient use of energy resources and better environment and sustainability. During the past decade, we have witnessed revolutionary changes in the way thermodynamics is taught, researched and practised. The methods of exergy analysis, entropy generation minimisation and exergoeconomics have become the most visible and established forms of this change. The emphasis is now on modelling and thermodynamic optimisation, not only in the mainstreams of engineering (e.g., mechanical, civil, chemical, environmental, industrial, etc.) but also in physics, biology, economics and management. IJEX addresses the issues concerning the very active and creative community of researchers, educators and practitioners, which has grown along these very exciting new lines.
IJEX publishes original research papers, review papers, viewpoint articles, book reviews, conference announcements, and technical notes. Special issues are devoted to important topics in the area and guest edited by key figures in the area. In addition, its features include: well-prepared archival review articles on important or developing methodologies and techniques, special issues devoted to significant international conferences or seminars, book reviews, announcement of forthcoming events.
IJEX is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJEX is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Bejan, Adrian, Duke University, USA
Editor in Chief
- Dincer, Ibrahim, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Rosen, Marc A., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Akiyama, Tomohiro, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Atanasova, L., Bourgas Prof. Assen Zlatarov University, Bulgaria
- Cengel, Y.A., University of Nevada, Reno, USA
- Demirel, Yasar, University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA
- Feidt, M., Université de Nancy I, France
- Hepbasli, Arif, Yasar University, Turkey
- Hooman, Kamel, University of Queensland, Australia
- Jaber, Jamal O., Al-Balqa Applied University, Jordan
- Kilkis, Birol I., Greenway Technologies, USA
- Koroneos, Christopher J., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Kwak, H-Y., Chung-Ang University, South Korea
- Michaelides, E.E., University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
- Midilli, Adnan, Recep Tayyip Erdogan University , Turkey
- Miguel, A.F., University of Évora, Portugal
- Ozilgen, Mustafa, Yeditepe University, Turkey
- Sahin, Ahmet Z., King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Sciubba, Enrico, University of Roma La Sapienza, Italy
- Sherif, S.A., University of Florida, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Improved Clarivate Citation Reports and Impact Factors for Inderscience Journals
16 July, 2021
Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to announce that 2021's Journal Citation Reports from Clarivate Analytics have revealed advances in impact factors for many Inderscience journals, including the European Journal of Industrial Engineering, European Journal of International Management, International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, International Journal of Exergy, International Journal of Global Warming, International Journal of Mobile Communications, International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering, International Journal of Technology Management, International Journal of Web and Grid Services, and Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics.
The Editorial Office would like to congratulate and thank all editors, board members, authors and reviewers involved, and is pleased to see their endeavours rewarded in these latest Citation Reports.