International Journal of Global Environmental Issues
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.3
IJGEnvI is an authoritative source of information in the field, facing up to the challenge of longer-term issues, such as environmental scenarios, ecological economics, global warming, climate change, human environment and biodiversity. It is one of three key journals which together offer complete coverage of environmental issues: IJEP focuses on early and medium-term challenges involving scientific prediction, modelling and assessment, and IJETM focuses on the shorter term, covering technical/engineering, policy and management solutions and their implementation to solve environmental problems.
Topics covered include
- Human environment
- Global warming and climate change
- International conflict and cooperation on climate change issues
- Control, regulations and policy
- Complex Environmental, Energy and Economy (EEE) models for global policy
- Economic, social engineering and social science approaches to resolving global environment issues
- Decision-making and decision support systems for risk and disaster management on regional and global scale
- Uncertainty and scenario analysis of global environmental change issues
- Conceptualising, modelling and applying concepts of spatial and regional sustainability and sustainable trade
- Future visions and scenarios
IJGEnvI aims to establish channels of communication between government agencies, professionals, academic experts and policy makers.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.
IJGEnvI publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJGENVI is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biology Digest (Plexus Publishing)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Environment Complete (EBSCO)
- Environment Index (EBSCO)
- Environmental Studies and Policy Collection (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Geobase (Elsevier)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Zoological Record (Clarivate Analytics)
IJGENVI is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Ahamer, Gilbert, Graz University, Austria
- Burns, William C.G., American University, USA
- Geernaert, Gerald, Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
- He, Ling-Yun, China Agricultural University (East Campus), China
- Ordoubadi, M. Saeed, The World Bank, USA
- Stough, Roger R., George Mason University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abel, Troy D., Western Washington University, USA
- Bachiorri, Antonella, Università degli Studi di Parma, Italy
- Black, William, Indiana University, USA
- Capros, P., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Dellapenna, Joseph, Villanova University, USA
- Diesendorf, Mark, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Duchin, Faye, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Elrahman, O. (Sam) A., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Görg, Christoph, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria
- Gowdy, John M., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Gunn, Elizabeth M., George Mason University, USA
- Hawley, Robert, World Nuclear University, UK
- Huang, Guangwei, Sophia University, Japan
- Kaufman, Miron, Cleveland State University, USA
- Labys, Walter C., West Virginia University, USA
- Leal Filho, Walter, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Litman, Todd Alexander, Victoria Transport Policy Institute, Canada
- Managi, Shunsuke, Yokohama National University, Japan
- McGee, Daniel, Baylor University, USA
- Moon, Taehoon, Chung Ang University, South Korea
- Munasinghe, Mohan, Munasinghe Institute for Development (MIND), Sri Lanka
- Murota, Takeshi, Doshisha University, Japan
- Mytelka, Lynn K., France
- Phillips, Fred Young, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, USA
- Randolph, J.C., Indiana University, USA
- Requate, Till, Kiel University, Germany
- Rosa, Eugene A., Washington State University, USA
- Steininger, Karl W., University of Graz, Austria
- Stern, Paul C., US National Research Council, USA
- Sterner, Thomas N.S., Göteborg University, Sweden
- Verbruggen, Harmen, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands
- Welsch, Heinz, University of Oldenburg, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Inderscience board member Prof. Mohan Munasinghe wins Blue Planet Prize
17 June, 2021
Inderscience is pleased to announce that Prof. Mohan Munasinghe, an Editorial Board Member for both the International Journal of Global Environmental Issues and International Journal of Global Warming, has been awarded a 2021 Blue Planet Prize. This year marks the 30th awarding of the Blue Planet Prize, an international environmental award sponsored by the Asahi Glass Foundation, chaired by Takuya Shimamura. Every year, the Foundation selects two winners, individuals or organisations who have made significant contributions to the resolution of global environmental problems.
Prof. Munasinghe made the following statement:
"I am deeply grateful and honoured to receive the 2021 Blue Planet Prize, the premier global environmental sustainability award, symbolizing the outstanding commitment of the Asahi Glass Foundation of Japan, to a better future. I am indebted also to many who have contributed generously to my intellectual development and emotional intelligence, including teachers, mentors, colleagues, family and friends. Social ties have been invaluable to survive the pressures of COVID-19.
It is encouraging to learn that the award committee has specifically acknowledged several key concepts I developed and their practical application worldwide, during almost 5 decades, including the Sustainomics framework, sustainable development triangle (economy, environment, society), balanced inclusive green growth (BIGG), and Millennium Consumption Goals (MCGs).
My research interests have evolved, from basic disciplines like engineering, physics and economics, to application sectors like energy, water, transport, ICT, and environmental resources, and finally to multidisciplinary topics like poverty, disasters, climate change and sustainable development. This eclectic experience helped me develop Sustainomics, as an integrative, trans-disciplinary methodology. Drawing on my past work and the global platform provided by the prestigious Blue Planet Prize, I will continue my modest efforts to make our planet more sustainable for all."
Inderscience's Editorial Office sends its sincere congratulations to Prof. Munasinghe for this outstanding and significant achievement.