International Journal of Water
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Reza M. Khanbilvardi
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.8 (2022)
IJW is a fully refereed journal, providing a high profile international outlet for analyses and discussions of all aspects of water, environment and society. IJW highlights the importance and multidisciplinarity of water in our vital ecosystems. It promotes contributions in the areas of integration, synthesis and assessment in scientific research, engineering solutions and technological innovations in support of adaptation planning and management to maximize the resultant economic and social welfare, paving the way towards sustainable development.
Topics covered include
- Water and life, water in the economy, water/food security
- Marine/freshwater ecosystems, aquatic/coastal biodiversity
- Consumptive/non-consumptive uses of water, recycling/reuse, tourism
- Cultural perceptions and health hazards of water pollution
- Political economy of water, water geopolitics, symbolic dimensions
- Technical/ecological economics analyses of water use, pollution, treatment
- Comparative legal aspects of water resource management
- Agricultural and marine pollution, water degradation, water basin analyses
- Protection/rehabilitation of ground/surface water, sustainable development
- Climate change, hydrology, hydrosystems engineering, desertification
- Public sector strategies for pollution management
- High latitude and altitude hydrology
- New technologies in water monitoring/assessment; adaptation planning
- Innovation in education/professional development; interdisciplinary research
- Impacts of extreme weather/climate on water resources availability
The objective of IJW is to establish an effective forum for insights and communication between policy-makers, government agencies, citizens, consumer bodies, industry, public authorities and members of academic and research institutions.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.
IJW publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJW is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- Current Awareness in Biological Sciences (Elsevier)
- Biology Digest (Plexus Publishing)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Environment Complete (EBSCO)
- Environment Index (EBSCO)
- Environmental Studies and Policy Collection (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Geobase (Elsevier)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJW is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Khanbilvardi, Reza M., City University of New York, USA
- Armstrong, Roy, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
- Asrar, Ghassem, World Meteorological Organization, Switzerland
- Zolina, Olga, Université Joseph Fourier – Grenoble 1 / CNRS, France
Regional Editor Africa
- Salih, Abdin, University of Khartoum, Sudan
Regional Editor Asia
- Duan, Qingyun, Beijing Normal University , China
Regional Editor Europe
- Van Dijk, Meine Pieter, UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, Netherlands
Regional Editor Latin America and Caribbean
- Mesa, Oscar J., Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia
Regional Editor North America
- Hogue, Terri, Colorado School of Mines, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Aguilera-Klink, Federico, Universidad de la Laguna (ULL), Spain
- Al-Khudhairy, Delilah, EC Joint Research Centre, Italy
- Jeffrey, Paul, Cranfield University, UK
- Lonergan, Steve, University of Victoria, Canada
- McGlade, Jacqueline, European Environment Agency, Denmark
- McManus, John, University of Miami, USA
- Nauen, Cornelia E., European Commission, Belgium
- Nunes Correia, Francisco, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal
- Pahl-Wostl, Claudia, University of Osnabrück, Germany
- Palsson, Gisli, University of Iceland, Iceland
- Papayannis, Thymio, Med-INA (Mediterranean Institute for Nature and Anthropos), Greece
- Perrings, Charles, University of York, UK
- Pottinger, Lori, International Rivers Network, USA
- Restrepo, Pedro, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, USA
- Ronen, Daniel, Israel Israel Water Commission, Israel
- Rossi, Giuseppe, University of Catania, Italy
- Ruf, Thierry, IRD, France
- Salleh, Ariel, University of Sydney, Australia
- Sorooshian, Soroosh, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Stokes, Kevin, NZ Seafood Industry Council, New Zealand
- Wolf, Aaron T., Oregon State University, USA
- Xu, Zongxue, Beijing Normal University , China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.