International Journal of Mining and Mineral Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. S.J. Jung
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.5
IJMME is an interdisciplinary and refereed international journal that fosters innovative solutions to the safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible exploration and extraction of mineral resources. It promotes feasible mining system design, development, and management, bringing together sustainable technologies, the people, and sound processes. It provides cross learning between various scientific and technological, as well as business and economics, disciplines.
Topics covered include
- Exploration, mine planning/design
- Materials handling: excavation, haulage, disposal
- Mining rock mechanics and mine ground control
- Mine drainage
- Process control/optimisation, mining systems simulation
- Artificial intelligence, knowledge based systems
- Information technologies
- Mine mechanisation, automation, robotics
- Reliability, maintenance, overall performance of mining systems
- Interaction between minerals/systems/people/other elements
- Environmental impact assessment, sustainable development
- Mineral economics, business systems
- Risk assessment/management, health/safety
ObjectivesThe objective of IJMME is to provide an international forum for academics, industry leaders, and policy makers to investigate and exchange novel ideas and disseminate knowledge and information covering the broad range of activities including, but not limited to, mining engineering, economics, environment, safety and health, information technologies, and management in mining and mineral engineering. In addition, it aims to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex set and behaviour of mining systems and operations. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of mining and mineral engineering. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological advances in the mineral industry and the global society and economy.
IJMME provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the fields of exploration, mining, technology management, production engineering, mineral economics, environmental assessment, and health and safety, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJMME publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Mining and Mineral Engineering will occasionally be published.
IJMME is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMME is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Jung, S.J., University of Idaho, USA
- Komljenovic, Dragan, Hydro-Québec, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Akdogan, Guven, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Apel, Derek, University of Alberta, Canada
- Arya, Sampurna, University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA
- Delic, Edin, University of Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Karpuz, Celal, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Kecojevic, Vladislav, West Virginia University, USA
- Kolonja, Bozo, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Mitri, Hani, McGill University, Canada
- Moser, Peter, University of Leoben, Austria
- Peng, Tiefeng, Chongqing University and Southwest University of Science and Technology, China
- Rashidi-Nejad, Farshad, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Saydam, Serkan, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Tripathy, Sunil Kumar, Tata Steel Ltd., India
- Vardhan, Harsha, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India
- Villas-Bôas, Roberto C., CETEM/IMAAC/CYTED, Brazil
- Yang, Ruilin, Orica USA Inc., USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.