International Journal of Global Warming
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Ibrahim Dincer
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2017 0.761 (5-Year Impact Factor 0.995)
IJGW aims to bring all disciplines together for local/global solutions to combat global warming and its consequences. It focuses around nine main pillars: better remediation, avoidance, efficiency, cost effectiveness, design, resource utilisation, environmental quality, energy security, and sustainable development. It also address issues related to global changes as a direct/indirect result of climate modification and strategies for adaptation to such changes. IJGW covers disciplines as diverse as engineering, climate science, ecology, economics, education, management, information sciences, politics, strategy development, etc.
Topics covered include
- Atmospheric changes, acid precipitation, aerosols, ozone depletion, smog
- Biofuels and alternatives, carbon sequestration, carbon tax
- Climate change modelling/simulation
- Climate networks, weather forecasts/scenarios
- Earth sciences, ecology, ecosystems, biodiversity
- Energy/environment policies/strategies/security/technologies
- Global warming modelling/simulation
- Engineering tools, IT, green design/manufacturing
- Greenhouse gases, emissions and control, exergetic improvements
- Human health/welfare issues, education/training
- Hurricanes and climatic/catastrophic events, deforestation
- Renewables, hydrogen/nuclear/other cleaner energy resources/technologies
- Solid/municipal wastes, waste management
- Sustainable development, economy, environment and health
- Urban/regional planning, water/water issues, food and agriculture
The objectives of IJGW are to establish an effective channel of communication between professionals, academics, researchers, scientists, engineers, and policymakers in academia and research institutions, government agencies, all sectors (industrial, residential, commercial, governmental, transportation, utilities, etc.), and other private organisations with a common goal to understand global warming and its consequences and bring local and global solutions to these. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of global warming and global change. The dimension of the journal is diverse and global because of the nature of the topic on global warming and global changes.
IJGW provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers, scientists, engineers and policymakers, working in the fields of energy, environment, and sustainable development with a primary focus on bringing local and global solutions to global warming and its global changes, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJGW publishes high-quality original papers, review articles, and technical notes in the area of global warming, covering a diverse range of topics and problems related but not limited to energy, environment, ecology, climate, economy, fuels, social and physical infrastructure, clean and green technologies, sustainable development, policy and strategy development, etc., with a common goal of addressing an issue or bringing a solution to the issue. Those pertaining to modelling, theory, analysis, computational methods and simulations, design, experiments, visualisation and measurement techniques are also appropriate for the journal. IJGW will also include letters to the editor, book reviews, an events calendar, etc.
IJGW is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJGW is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Dincer, Ibrahim, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Agelin-Chaab, M., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Barker, T., University of Cambridge, UK
- Colpan, Can Özgür, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkey
- Dimitriou, H., University College London, UK
- Grammelis, Panagiotis, Centre for Research and Technologyand Chemical Process and Energy Resources Institute, Greece
- Imai, H., Kyoto University, Japan
- Jones, I.S.F., University of Sydney, Australia
- Leal Filho, Walter, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Massel, S., Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Midilli, Adnan, Recep Tayyip Erdogan University, Turkey
- Munasinghe, Mohan, Munasinghe Institute for Development (MIND), Sri Lanka
- Reis, A. Heitor, University of Évora, Portugal
- Riffat, S., University of Nottingham, UK
- Sawa, T., Kyoto University, Japan
- Schaffer, D., TWAS, The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World, Italy
- Sen, Z., Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Singh, H.B., NASA Ames Research Center, USA
- Todorovic, M., University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Von Weizsäcker, E.U., University of California, Santa Barbara, USA
- Warner, K., United Nations University, Germany
- Xamán, J., Centro Nacional de Investigación y Desarrollo Tecnoló (CENIDET), Mexico
- Yildiz, Ilhami, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Zhang, Xin-Rong (Ron), Peking University, China
- Zhang, Zhihua, Shandong University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.