International Journal of Nuclear Energy Science and Technology
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Arturo Delfín Loya
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJNEST addresses original research, ideas and developments in all areas of nuclear energy science and technology. Its scope embraces fundamental solid state physics, nuclear fuel reserves, fuel cycles and cost, materials, processing, system and component technology, design, optimisation, direct conversion of nuclear energy sources, environmental control, reactor physics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, structural analysis, fuel management, future developments, nuclear fuel, safety, nuclear aerosol, neutron physics, computer technology, risk assessment, reactor thermal hydraulics, packaging and transportation.
Topics covered include
- Reactor physics
- Reactor research
- Alternative reactor technologies
- Radiation shielding
- Fission reactor materials
- Nuclear materials, neutron radiation effects in materials
- Fuel cycle, materials aspects, physics/chemistry
- Alternative research and development programmes
- Decommissioning, environmental considerations
- Productivity, efficiency, quality
- Operation, maintenance, improvement, plant life extension
The objectives of IJNEST are to establish an effective channel of communication between professionals, policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions concerned with nuclear science and technology. It also aims to provide authoritative, reliable information on current nuclear and next generation technologies, economics, strategies and resources to industry and governments for use in policy analyses and decision making, including the role of nuclear energy within the context of energy policies that contribute to sustainable development.
The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
- To promote the exchange of information in the nuclear science area
- To identify needs in nuclear science
- To promote international cooperation
- To support long-term options for nuclear development and use in the context of increased competition in the electricity market
- To help in securing the availability of technologies and resources necessary to respond to new requirements
- To assess the conditions and constraints affecting the use of nuclear energy
- To contribute to global energy and environmental objectives
- To maintain reasonably up-to-date information on all the economic aspects of use of nuclear energy
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.
IJNEST publishes high quality papers relevant to nuclear fission, fusion reactors and high power accelerator technologies, and closely related aspects of science, technology and engineering. Both original research and critical review papers covering experimental, theoretical, and computational aspects of either a fundamental or an applied nature are welcome. The breadth of the field is such that a wide range of processes and properties is of interest to the readership.
IJNEST is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJNEST is listed in:
- Maïsseu, André, WONUC, France
Editor in Chief
- Delfín Loya, Arturo, Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Nucleares, Mexico
Regional Editor Latin America
- Barroso, Antonio Carlos De Oliveira, Instituto de Pesquisas Energéticas e Nucleares, Brazil
Honorary Advisory Board
- Chidambaram, Rajagopala, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), India
Scientific and Editorial Committee Chair
- Szatmáry, Zoltán, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
Editorial Board Members
- Bang, Vo Dac, Association-VANDT, Vietnam
- Bojić, Milorad, University of Kragujevac, Serbia
- Cirimello, Roberto, Argentine Atomic Energy Commission, Argentina
- Coccoz, Guillermina D.H., CAC – CNEA, Argentina
- Cuttler, Jerry M., , Canada
- De Alemeida Carvalho, Everton, WANO, UK
- Espinosa-Paredes, Gilberto, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana-Iztapalapa, Mexico
- Foos, Jacques, CNAM, France
- Fujii, Yasuhiko, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Gagarinski, Andrei, Kurchatov Institute, Russian Federation
- Ghitescu, Petre, "Politechnica" University of Bucharest, Romania
- Gomeno, Maria J., University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Greyvenstein, Gideon P., North-West University, South Africa
- Kinoshita, Chiken, Kyushu University, Japan
- Klein, Andrew C., Oregon State University, USA
- Kondo, Shunsuke, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Kruychkov, Eduard F., Moscow Engineering Physics Institute, Russian Federation
- Landsberger, Sheldon, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Latek, Stanislaw, National Atomic Energy Agency, Poland
- Leonidou, D. J., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Lung, Michel, , France
- Mavko, Borut, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Merle-Lucotte, Elsa, LPSC/ENSPG, France
- Minguez, Emilio, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- Monchaud, Serge, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Nečas, Vladimír, Slovak University of Technology, Slovakia
- Nghiep, Tran Dai, Vietnam Atomic Energy Commission, Vietnam
- Pázsit, Imre, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Pór, Gábor, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Palamidessi, Hugo, Asociacion de Professionales de la Comision Nacional de Energia Atomica, Argentina
- Panella, Bruno, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Ponomarev-Stepnoi, Nikolai N., Academy of Sciences, Russian Federation
- Sandquist, Gary M., University of Utah, USA
- Taboada, Horacio, CNEA, Argentina
- Taleb, Safia, Université Djillali Liabès, Algeria
- Torgerson, David, Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd. (AECL), Canada
- Vanmol, Chris, CCMECL, Belgium
- Vapirev, Emil, University of Sofia and Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Vargas, Gustavo Alonso, National Institute for Nuclear Research, Mexico
- Williams, R. A., University of Leeds , UK
- Wisnubroto, Djarot S., National Nuclear Energy Agency - BATAN, Indonesia
- Yoshida, H., The Nagoya University Museum, Japan
- Yu, Suyuan, Tsinghua University, China
- Zou'bi, Moneef R, IAS, Jordan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.