International Journal of Environment and Waste Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Yung-Tse Hung
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.9 (2021)
IJEWM is a refereed reference and authoritative source of information in the field of environmental and waste management Together with its sister publications IJEP, IJETM and IJGEnvI, it provides a comprehensive coverage of environmental issues. It covers both engineering/technical and management solutions.
Topics covered include
- Multicriteria assessment of waste treatment technologies
- Stakeholder role: technology implementation, future technology management strategies
- Participatory decision making, integration of policies/research in the waste sector
- Case studies and environmental impact analysis in the waste sector
- Air, water, soil, groundwater, radiological pollution, control/management
- Environmental pollution, prevention/control, waste treatment/management
- Water and municipal/agricultural/industrial wastewater and waste treatment
- Solid/hazardous/biosolids/residuals waste, treatment/minimisation/disposal/management
- Environmental quality standards, legislation, regulations, policy
- Pollution prevention, clean technologies, conservation/recycling/reuse
- Public/environmental health, environmental toxicology, risk assessment
- Sources/transport/fate of pollutants in the environment; remediation, restoration
- Mathematical/modelling techniques, case studies
- Aquatic sciences, water/sol chemistry, environmental biology, microbiology
- Environmental education and training
The objectives of IJEWM are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy-makers, government agencies, academics and research institutions, and professionals working in the field, and to provide a forum for them to disseminate information. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy. It will serve as a vehicle for the documentation and dissemination of what government bodies, research agencies, international bodies, universities, aid agencies, industries, and environmental scientists and professionals are doing in the areas of environmental and waste management.
Professionals, academics, researchers, governmental officers and policy makers.
The IJEWM publishes refereed, original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes commentaries and news on all aspects of environmental science, engineering and technology and management worldwide. Contribution may be by submission or invitation. Special, themed issues on relevant topics may also be published.
IJEWM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJEWM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Hung, Yung-Tse, Cleveland State University, USA
- Abdel Rahman, Rehab O., Atomic Energy Authority of Egypt, Egypt
- Al-Jubouri, Sama M., University of Baghdad, Iraq
- Al-Khatib, Issam A., Birzeit University, Palestine
- Aziz, Hamidi Abdul, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Gupta, Sudhir Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Salman, Hana, Tishreen University, Syrian Arab Republic
- Sato, Chikashi, Idaho State University, USA
Regional Editors Asia Oceania and Africa
- Yamamoto, Toshiaki, Osaka Prefecture University, Japan
- Yeh, Ruth Yu-Li, Ming Hsin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, Province of China
Regional Editors Europe
- Bechtold, Thomas, Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck, Austria
- Jeżowiecki, Janusz, Wrocław University of Technology, Poland
Regional Editors North and South America
- Coury, José Renato, Universidade Federal de São Carlos, Brazil
- Yuan, Pao-Chiang, Jackson State University, USA
- Kuo, Chin Y., Cleveland State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Andreadakis, Andreas, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Bidoglio, Giovanni, Institute for Environment and Sustainability, Italy
- Bodzek, Michal, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
- Brune, David Edward, Clemson University, USA
- Buitrón, Germán, National University of Mexico, Mexico
- Cai, Wei-Min, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Chen, Guohua, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Cornel, Peter, Technische Hochschule Darmstadt, Germany
- Fan, Maohong, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Feng, Chuanping, University of Geosciences (Beijing), China
- Ferreira De Melo, Luís Manuel, University Porto, Portugal
- Futamura, Shigeru, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology AIST, Japan
- Gómez, José Luis Campos, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Hao, Fanghua, Beijing Normal University, China
- Hosomi, Masaaki, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
- Idris, Azni Hj., Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Inyang, Hilary I., The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
- Jin, Bo, University of South Australia, Australia
- Lau, Anthony K., University of British Columbia, Canada
- Leduc, Roland, Université de Sherbrooke, Canada
- Matis, Konstanstinos A., Aristotle University, Greece
- Mizuno, Akira, Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan
- Moo-Young Jr., H. Keith, California State University, Los Angeles, USA
- Naidu, Ravi, University of South Australia, Australia
- Okada, Mitsumasa, Hiroshima University, Japan
- Oszlányi, Július, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia
- Otten, Lambert, University of Guelph, Canada
- Peralta-Hernández, Juan Manuel, Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico
- Pirkonen, Pentti Matias, VTT, Finland
- Reinhart, Debra R., University of Central Florida, USA
- Selivanovskaya, Svetlana Yu., Kazan State University, Russian Federation
- Smith, Chris J., CSIRO Land and Water, Australia
- Subramanium, V., Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Sverdlikov, Anatoliy I., Research and Development Institute for Municipal Facilities and Services, Ukraine
- Tang, Don Tsye-Lang, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, USA
- Tay, Kok-Leng, Environment Canada, Canada
- Thorneloe, Susan, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, USA
- Van Leeuwen, Hans, Iowa State University, USA
- Wallace, Gordon T., University of Massachusetts - Boston, USA
- Zheng, Zheng, Nanjing University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Sweet lime oils defeat pests
12 May, 2022
Citrus peel and pulp is a growing waste problem in the food industry and in the home. However, there is potential to extract something useful from it. Work in the International Journal of Environment and Waste Management describes a simple steam distillation method that uses a domestic pressure cooker to extract useful essential oils from the peel of sweet lime (mosambi, Citrus limetta)... Chemists Tripti Kumari and Nandana Pal Chowdhury of the University of Delhi and Ritika Chauhan of Bharati Vidyapeeth's College of Engineering in New Delhi, India, have used a relatively environment-friendly steam distillation followed by solvent extraction with hexane to access the essential oils from mosambi peel. "The reported method of extraction produces zero waste, is energy efficient and gives a good yield," the team writes [...]More details...
International Journal of Environment and Waste Management indexed by Clarivate Analytics' Emerging Sources Citation Index
15 October, 2022
Inderscience is pleased to announce that the International Journal of Environment and Waste Management has recently been indexed by Clarivate Analytics' Emerging Sources Citation Index.