International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. A. S. Krishnan
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.1
IJETP is a vehicle to provide a refereed and authoritative source of information in the field of energy technology and policy.
Topics covered include
- Innovation and new development
- Energy efficiency/saving, economics, security, risk
- Cleaner/renewable energy technologies
- Alternative energy technologies/sources
- Environmental planning
- Energy R&D strategies/policies
- Energy foresight and scenarios
- Experience curves, integrated design
- Emerging generic technologies
- National energy [research] policies
- Energy system analysis, planning
- Energy systems and services
- Energy transmission/distribution
- Distributed generation technologies
- Rural/remote electrification and energy supply
The objective of the IJETP is to further the development of this dynamic and innovative topic: to disseminate knowledge and provide a global forum for professionals in the field to learn from each other|s work. IJETP also aims to establish channels of communication between relevant academics and research experts, policy makers and executives in industry, commerce and investment institutions.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.
The IJETP publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, relevant technology and management reports, and news, book reviews ands notes. Commentaries on papers and reports published in the IJETP are encouraged.
IJETP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Environment Complete (EBSCO)
- Environment Index (EBSCO)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Geobase (Elsevier)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJETP is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Daim, Tugrul U., Portland State University, USA
Editor in Chief
- Krishnan, A. S., Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India
- Lutzenhiser, Loren, Portland State University, USA
- Solovev, Denis B., Far Eastern Federal University, Russian Federation
Editorial Board Members
- Andersen, Per Dannemand, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Bandyopadhyay, Santanu, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Benim, A. C., Duesseldorf University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Bowen, William M., Cleveland State University, USA
- Estep, Judith, US Department of Energy, USA
- Gopalakrishnan, Bhaskaran, West Virginia University, USA
- Hannegan, Bryan, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA
- Jenkins, Bryan M., University of California, Davis, USA
- Karvonen, Matti, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Kassi, Tuomo Sakari, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Liu, Ronghou, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Messineo, Antonio, Università degli Studi di Enna "Kore", Italy
- Neij, Lena, Lund University, Sweden
- Oliver, Terry, Bonneville Power Administration, USA
- Reddy, M V Venkatashamy, Hydro Quebec, Canada
- Sick, Nathalie, Helmholtz-Institute Muenster, Germany
- Tisdell, Clem, University of Queensland, Australia
- Tsatsaronis, George, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
- Vasilakos, Athanasios, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Volpe, Roberto, Università degli Studi di Enna "Kore", Italy
- Zhou, Yuan (Joseph), Tsinghua University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
How to manage electric vehicles
4 March, 2022
The drive towards electric vehicles (EVs) is moving apace. The pressure is mainly being pushed by the need to remove polluting vehicles from our towns and cities and to curb our carbon emissions by switching from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources. As more and more drivers switch to EV, there is a pressing need to ensure that the rechargeable batteries on which they rely are running under optimal and safe conditions. Research in the International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy considers the design and implementation of a new type of battery-management system for the lithium-ion batteries commonly used in EVs. Jishna Ramakrishnan, Aji Joy, and Sithara Jeyaraj of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department at Mar Athanasius College of Engineering in Kothamangalam, Kerala, India, explain that lithium-ion batteries are currently the most advanced option for powering EVs [...]More details...
Driving electric vehicle purchases
31 March, 2022
The shift away from the internal combustion engine to electric vehicles holds great promise for reducing noxious pollution in our towns and cities. It will also reduce the carbon footprint of transport if the electricity is generated from sustainable and renewable sources, such as wind and solar. The shift will also reduce our dependency on the limited resource that is oil. Research published in the International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy looks at the public perception of electric vehicles and environmental awareness. Noelia Araújo-Vila and José Antonio Fraiz-Brea of the Business and Tourism Faculty at the University of Vigo in Ourense, Spain and Lucília Cardoso of the Instituto Politécnico de Leiria in Peniche, Portugal have surveyed 463 individuals to determine EV purchase intention and to see what pros and cons these people see with EVs when compared to conventional vehicles. Fundamentally, relatively high vehicle prices, limited range between charges and the scarcity of charging stations and specialised workshops are still deterring a lot of drivers from making the shift to an EV [...]More details...
Inderscience journals newly indexed by Ei Compendex
14 January, 2022
Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to announce that the following journals have been indexed by Ei Compendex, thus further expanding the range of Inderscience journals listed on this database:International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation
International Journal of Business Intelligence and Data Mining
International Journal of Cloud Computing
International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies
International Journal of Electronic Business
International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy
International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development
International Journal of Hydrology Science and Technology
International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development
International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development
International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion
International Journal of Powertrains
International Journal of Sensor Networks
International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications