International Journal of Computational Medicine and Healthcare
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Today's medical and healthcare systems have become increasingly computation-intensive due to the demands of digital medical data and rapid developments in IT technologies/methodologies. IJCMH meets the need for publications addressing translational and/or transformative scientific research in medicine and healthcare. It is a forum for medical researchers, computational scientists, engineers and other professionals, and processes research papers and reports of medical studies on medical scientific discoveries, innovative engineering design and applications for healthcare system improvement using data and computational systems.
Topics covered include
- Large-scale computing/computations
- Mathematical multi-scale modelling/simulation
- Clinical translational science/technology-oriented computing/computations
- Large-scale net-centric based information systems
- Systems architecture, integration/implementation, system of systems
- Open systems architecture, interface protocols for interoperability
- Electronic medical/patient records
- Data transfer metrics, distributed systems, networks/communications
- Workflow management, operational research/optimisation
- Intelligent computing, data mining
- Service computing (web/grid/cloud), data-intensive computing
- Data security, patient confidentiality
- Data visualisation/display, data representation/reconstructions
- Computational medicine
- Computational anaesthesiology
- Computational biochemistry
- Computational cardiology
- Computational dermatology
- Computational epidemiology
- Computational microbiology and cell biology
- Computational neuroscience and neurology
- Computational oncology
- Computational pathology
- Computational pharmacology
- Computational psychiatry
- Computational psychology
- Computational radiology and medical imaging
- Computational urology
- Computations in obstetrics and gynaecology
- Computations in ophthalmology and visual sciences
- Computations in orthopaedics and rehabilitation
- Computations in otolaryngology
- Computations in physiology and biophysics
- Data-intensive computing (applied to medicine and healthcare)
- Data acquisition, archiving, retrieval, management, recovery
- Job scheduling
- Quality of service
- Network latency
- Fault tolerance
- Data security
- Industrial standards, DICOM
- Ontological data structure and modelling, semantics
- Medical data transfer, networking and communications
- Operational research and optimisation
- Internet, distributed computing, web services, web applications
- Database and data structure
- Computer graphics and visualisation, virtualization
- Service computing, grid computing and cloud computing
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJCMH are to establish an effective forum and channel of communication between academic researchers, medical and healthcare professionals, industrial sectors and enterprise, research institutions and government agencies, and any professionals who work in medical and bioengineering areas within the community of medicine and healthcare science. It also aims to promote and coordinate future developments in the field of computational medicine and biomedical engineering. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural, national and global barriers, to meet the needs of accelerating medical and healthcare technologies, and to catalyse challenging problem-solving and innovative medical device research developments through computational impacts for today and tomorrow’s global healthcare deliveries.
IJCMH provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in medical and engineering areas within the community of medicine and healthcare science to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJCMH publishes original scientific and/or research papers, review articles, technical reports and case studies. The journal will occasionally publish Special Issues devote to important topics within the area..
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Dongarra, Jack, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA
- Duprey, Sonia, University of Lyon 1 - IFSTTAR, France
- Geisler, Eliezer, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Konagaya, Akihiko, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Lin, Ching-Long, University of Iowa, USA
- Roth, Sébastien, University of Technology of Belfort-Montbeliard, France
- Sitek, Arkadiusz, Harvard Medical School - Brigham and Women's Hospital, USA
- Wang, Ge, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA
- Winslow, Raimond L., Johns Hopkins University , USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.