International Journal of Intellectual Property Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Domingo Enrique Ribeiro-Soriano
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJIPM focuses on the study of intellectual property (IP) across a wide range of topics, and embraces studies of IP from the fields of business, management, economics and government policy. Different perspectives that encourage innovation and knowledge creation and transfer are welcome, particularly those which reflect IJIPM's special emphasis on how the topic has evolved considerably from an initial focus on legislation to the current debate surrounding ways of approaching IP in the digital context.
Topics covered include
- History of IP, from international/national or context/sector perspectives
- IP culture/ideologies
- International IP harmonisation
- IP valuation methods: disparities and economic significance
- Internal and external corporate and organisational strategies
- Licensing in and out
- Cooperative R&D in IP
- Innovation and technology management
- IP litigation and policy
- Entrepreneurship and venturing, spin-offs, start-ups and IP
- Finance and IP
- IP information management,
- Contextual differences in IP
- Decision making in IP commercialisation
- Global piracy and IP
The objectives of IJIPM are to enhance the critical understanding of intellectual property in theory and practice, to appreciate the strategic importance of intellectual property to corporate and organisational success, and to disseminate knowledge on the management of intellectual property and the commercialisation of different forms of intellectual property.
IJIPM ensures that such studies reach a global readership of scholars, students, consultants, practitioners and policymakers who recognise the importance of IP as a means of improving people's quality of life and enriching society.
IJIPM publishes theoretical articles, empirical studies based on quantitative or qualitative methods, practice-oriented papers, teaching-oriented papers, case studies, book reviews, conference reports, short articles on current trends in science and social science, abstracts of recent PhDs on innovation and knowledge, and shorter opinion-based and review articles, commentaries and debates.
IJIPM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Business Economics and Theory Collection (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Current Law Index (Gale)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Westlaw UK
- LegalTrac (Gale)
IJIPM is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Ribeiro-Soriano, Domingo Enrique, Universitat de València, Spain
- Solé Parellada, Francesc, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
Regional Editor Asia
- Xu, Bing, Zhejiang Gongshang University, China
Regional Editor Australia and New Zealand
- Miles, Morgan, Charles Sturt University, Australia
Regional Editors Europe
- Alegría, María Sarabia, University of Alcala, Spain
- Berbegal-Mirabent, Jasmina, Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, Spain
Regional Editor Latin America
- Alonso Dos Santos, Manuel, Universidad Católica de la Santísima Concepción, Chile
Regional Editors USA and Canada
- Beheshti, Hooshang, Radford University, USA
- Férnandez Vázquez, Jose Santiago, University of Alcala, Spain
- Rodriguez-Garcia, Maria, ESIC Business & Marketing School, Spain
Editorial Board Members
- Albort-Morant, Gema, University of Seville, Spain
- Bader, Martin A., BGW AG, Switzerland
- Benassi, Mario, University of Milan, Italy
- Bounfour, Ahmed, Paris-Sud University, France
- Crammond, Robert, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Cricelli, Livio, University of Naples "Federico II", Italy
- Cunningham, James, Northumbria University, UK
- Ferraris, Alberto, University of Turin, Italy
- Gangopadhyay, Kausik, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India
- Garcia-Perez, Alexeis, Coventry University, UK
- Giuliani, Marco, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
- Granstrand, Ove, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Grimaldi, Michele, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
- Gupta, Anil K., Indian Institute of Management Vastrapur, India
- Gupta, Himanshu, Adani Institute of Infrastructure Management, India
- He, QiuQin, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, China
- Huang, Chi-Yo, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
- Hurmelinna-Laukkanen, Pia, University of Oulu, Finland
- Kale, Dinar, The Open University, UK
- Lazzarotti, Valentina, Cattaneo University, Italy
- Lessassy, Léopold, University Grenoble Alpes, France
- Moehrle, Martin G., Universität Bremen, Germany
- Murray, Alan, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- North, Klaus, University of Wiesbaden Rhein Main, Germany
- Papa, Armando, University of Turin, Italy
- Park, Walter G., American University, USA
- Pletnev, Dmitri, Chelyabinsk State University, Russian Federation
- Plomer, Aurora, University of Bristol, UK
- Rodrigues, Ricardo, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Rulo, Kevin, The Catholic University of America, USA
- Santarelli, Enrico, University of Bologna, Italy
- Secundo, Giusy, University of Salento, Italy
- Shane, Scott, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Singh, Abhilasha, American University in the Emirates, United Arab Emirates
- Stauf, Christian, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Val Núñez, Maria Teresa del, University of Alcala, Spain
- Van Pottelsberghe, Bruno, Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Vasconcellos, E., University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Vaver, David, University of Oxford, UK
- Ward, Michael R., University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Watada, Junzo, Waseda University, Japan
- Zeng, Juying, Zhejiang University of Finance & Economics, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
How does science feed patents?
25 June, 2019
Science feeds into patents and thence to economic growth. However, our understanding of the details of this transformation is limited. An analysis of twelve scientific discoveries carried out using an inductive grounded theory approach aims to fill the gaps. Karin Beukel of the Unit for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Management, in the Department for Food and Resource Economics, at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark, explains all in the International Journal of Intellectual Property Management [...]More details...