| Editor: Prof. Dr. Adrian V. Gheorghe |
ISSN online: 1741-8038
ISSN print: 1475-3219
4 issues per year
IJCIS provides a professional and scholarly forum for cross-learning between different scientific and technological disciplines, and between business and economic, as well as between societal and managerial, disciplines in the area of critical infrastructures. Critical infrastructures are networks for the provision of telecommunication and information services, energy services (electrical power, natural gas, oil and heat), water supply, transportation of people and goods, banking and financial services, government services and emergency services.
- Critical infrastructure (CI) design,/protection/management
- Emerging systemic risks: policy, standards and regulations
- Institutional design, market structuring, network regulation
- Risk/vulnerability/resilience based decision-making
- Risk/vulnerability criteria development for assessing robustness
- Governance models/policy instruments in liberalised markets
- System dynamic behaviour
- Vulnerability/resilience economics; behaviour of interdependent CIs
- Cyber security and CI protection
- Stakeholder interactions and trust building
- Advanced control engineering concepts/ICTs in complex networks
- Cross-border interconnections, international harmonisation
- Global CIs; geopolitical risk assessment
- Threat identification/assessment/monitoring models/techniques
- Next generation intelligent infrastructures
More on this journal...
IJCIS aims to provide an authoritative source of information and an unique international forum in the field of Risk and Vulnerability Assessment and Management of Vital Societal Systems exposed to antropogenic and natural threats. It intends to establish channels of communication and to disseminate the best practice, knowledge and state of the art science, and stakeholders involvement between policy makers, practitioners, researchers and academia working in the field.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.Contents
IJCIS publishes: original papers, review papers; case studies; conference reports; briefs and reports and news; book review and notes. To encourage young students, at undergraduate and graduate levels, the Student Section will be open for the first time as a platform for the future specialists to promote new and fresh ideas and projects into the internationally reviewed literature. Commentaries on papers and reports published in the Journal are encouraged. Special Issues devoted to important topics in risk assessment and vulnerability management of vital systems/ critical infrastructures and related topics, will be published occasionally.
IJCIS is indexed in:
IJCIS is listed in:
- Gheorghe, Adrian V., Old Dominion University, USA
Editors At Large
- Bologna, Sandro, Italian Association of Critical Infrastructures' Experts (AIIC), Italy
- Kröger, Wolfgang, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- Weijnen, Margot P.C., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
North American Editor
- Mili, Lamine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Barbarosoglu, Gülay, Boğaziçi Üniversitesi, Turkey
- Boustras, George, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
- Doerig, Adolf J., Doerig + Partner AG, Switzerland
- Erkut, Erhan, University of Alberta, Canada
- Ezell, Barry Charles, Old Dominion University, USA
- Filip, Florin, Romanian Academy of Sciences (Academia Romana), Romania
- Herder, Paulien M., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Horii, Hideyuki, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Little, Richard, National Academy of Sciences, USA
- Papazoglou, Ioannis A., National Centre for Scientific Research DEMOKRITOS, Greece
- Phadke, Arun G., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA
- Quintanilha, Alexandre, University of Porto, Portugal
- Rattien, Stephen, RAND Science and Technology, USA
- Shi, Peijun, Beijing Normal University, China
- Timashev, Sviatoslav A., Russian Academy of Sciences and Ural Federal University, Russian Federation
- Vamanu, Dan, 'Horia Hulubei' National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Romania
- Varnado, Samuel G., Sandia National Laboratories, USA
- Wang, Ming, IHDP-Integrated Risk Governance Project, China
- Zimmerman, Rae, New York University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.