International Journal of Business Innovation and Research
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
One of the largest unrealised opportunities in organisations is fully leveraging ideas and knowledge to transform business processes into continuing innovation. Global markets and operations force companies to rethink business innovation and research activities and in turn their overall competitiveness. Business innovation and research contribute significantly to improvement in enterprise productivity and quality, integral components of business strategy and success. IJBIR covers developments in the theory and applications of business and entrepreneurship innovation strategies, methods and tools to enhance competitiveness.
Topics covered include
- Business research methods
- Innovation in finance/accounting
- International business/finance
- Strategy innovation, strategic alliances, BPR
- Business research for decision making
- Innovation/research in marketing, SMEs
- Buyer/consumer behaviour, CSR
- Global supply chain/networks, outsourcing, export/import, retailing
- Organisational competitiveness/learning/leadership
- Service industries, healthcare, new product/process innovation
- Empirical analysis, case studies, performance measures
- Benchmarking/best practices in innovation activities
- Role of IT/IS, e-business, technological innovation
- Knowledge management, technology transfer
- Business law, ethics, environmental standards
The main objective of IJBIR is to promote research and application of new strategies, techniques and tools of business innovation and in turn the organisational competitiveness in new economy and society. IJBIR aims to help professionals working in the field of business innovation and research, academic educators, industry consultants, and practitioners to contribute, to disseminate and to learn from each other’s work. The global dimension is emphasised in developing appropriate strategies, tactics, operational policies and tools for business innovation and research. IJBIR aims to act as a forum for exchanging new ideas and sharing practical experiences in managing and improving business innovation and research activities.
IJBIR is a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers and practitioners, working in the field of business innovation and research, to discuss the important ideas, concepts and disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJBIR publishes original papers, review papers, conceptual framework, analytical and simulation models, case studies, empirical research, technical notes, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in business innovation and research will occasionally be published. Business innovation and research strategies, tactics and tools of both theoretical and practical nature are welcome. Articles that deal with innovation and research issues in accounting and finance, marketing, management information systems, organisational management, operations, supply chain, logistics, government, entrepreneurship, business infrastructure development, ethical and environmental laws and standards, health services, international business, manufacturing, education, energy, mining, sports, and transportation are encouraged..
IJBIR is indexed in:More indexes...
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJBIR is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abrahamson, Eric, Columbia University, USA
- Amoako-Adu, Ben, Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada
- Bagley, Constance E., Yale University, USA
- Balachandran, Bala K. R., New York University, USA
- Brannen, Mary Yoko, San Jose State University, USA
- Brem, Alexander, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), Germany
- Bruce, Margaret, Manchester Business School, UK
- Burke, Andrew, Cranfield University, UK
- Carmon, Ziv, INSEAD, Singapore
- Carter, Sara, University of Stirling, UK
- Chandran, Rajan, Temple University, USA
- Chandrasekar, Venkat, Indian School of Business, India
- Chataway, Joanna, RAND Europe, UK
- Chattopadhyay, Amitava, INSEAD, France
- Clarke, Steve, The University of Hull, UK
- Clayton, Garry, Eastern Institute of Technology, New Zealand
- Enz, Cathy, Cornell University, USA
- Erekson, O. Homer, Texas Christian University, USA
- Francis, G. James, Colorado State University, USA
- Ghobadian, Abby, Henley Management College, UK
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat, Drexel University, USA
- Holian, Rosalie, RMIT University, Australia
- Hussain, Md. Mostaque, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Jain, Subhash C., University of Connecticut, USA
- Jakobsen, Arnt Lykke, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Kim, Ken, The University of Toledo, USA
- Klein, Linda, University of Connecticut, USA
- Kwon, Ik-Whan G., St. Louis University, USA
- Kyrö, Paula, Helsinki School of Economics, Finland
- Lank, David M., McGill University, Canada
- Lindsay, Noel J., University of South Australia, Australia
- Maclean, Mairi, University of the West of England, UK
- Martikainen, Minna, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Massey, Claire, Massey University, New Zealand
- Mathe, Hervé, ESSEC, France
- Mazumdar, Tridib, Syracuse University, USA
- McDonough III, Edward F., Northeastern University, USA
- Mehrotra, Anuj, University of Miami, USA
- Mitra, Jay, University of Essex, UK
- Mouritsen, Jan, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Moutinho, Luiz, University of Glasgow, UK
- Quigley, John M, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Söderman, Sten, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Saee, John, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Sankaran, Jay, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Smith, Alan D., Robert Morris University, USA
- Sparrow, John, Birmingham City University, UK
- Stern, Scott, Northwestern University, USA
- Tann, Jennifer, University of Birmingham, UK
- Trehan, Kiran, University of Central England, UK
- Tsui, Eric, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Vong, John, International Center Aseana Management, Singapore
- Waddell, Dianne, Deakin University, Australia
- White, D. Steven, University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth, USA
- Wilke, Ricky, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Williams, Jeffrey R., Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Williams, Robin, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Wright, Paul K., University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Xu, Di, Xiamen University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.