International Journal of Business Information Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.8 (2021)
Business information systems (BIS) can be defined as systems integrating information technology, people and business. BIS bring business functions and information modules together for establishing effective communication channels which are useful for making timely and accurate decisions and in turn contribute to organisational productivity and competitiveness. This paradigm shift leads to global outsourcing, strategic alliances and partnerships to be competitive in terms of price, quality, flexibility, dependability, responsiveness. IJBIS highlights new strategies, techniques, tools and technologies for developing suitable BIS.
Topics covered include
- Economic models for information systems
- Data mining, data warehousing and information logistics
- Language technology for BIS
- Mobile e-business, web services for e-business, e-commerce
- Legal information systems
- Business intelligence
- Knowledge management
- Decision support systems
- Strategic information systems
- Artificial intelligence, expert systems, multimedia
- Accounting information systems
- Balanced scorecard, performance measures/metrics
- IT/IS evaluation, internet standards/protocols/communications
- ERP and supply chains; CRM
The main objectives of IJBIS are to promote the research and practice of new strategies, tools, techniques and technologies for the design, development and implementation of BIS. This will help improving the organisational competitiveness in both service and manufacturing industries around the world. IJBIS aims to help professionals working in the field of BIS, academic educators, industry consultants, and practitioners to contribute, to disseminate and to learn from each other’s work. The global dimension is emphasised to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the accelerating technological changes and changes in global economy. IJBIS aims to act as a forum for exchanging innovative ideas and sharing research and practical experiences in BIS. IJBIS will publish high quality articles in all areas of BIS.
IJBIS is a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers, practitioners and policy makers, working in the field of BIS, to discuss the important ideas, concepts and disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJBIS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Also, IJBIS will publish system development and applications papers. Special Issues devoted to important topics in BIS will occasionally be published.
IJBIS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJBIS is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, Penn State Harrisburg, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Back, Barbro, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
- Backhouse, James, London School of Economics, UK
- Bansler, Jørgen P., Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Choobineh, Joobin, Texas A&M University, USA
- Chu, Bei-Tseng (Bill), UNC Charlotte, USA
- Finnie, Gavin, Bond University, Australia
- George, Joey, Florida State University, USA
- Gill, Sam S., San Francisco State University, USA
- Gottlob, Georg, Vienna University of Technology/TU Wien, Austria
- Grover, Varun, Clemson University, USA
- Gulla, Jon Atle, IDI Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Hackney, Raymond, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Harrison, Alan, Cranfield University, UK
- Irani, Zahir, Brunel University, UK
- Jeffcoate, Judith, University of Buckingham, UK
- Johnson, Margaret, Stanford University, USA
- Johnston, Robert B., University of Melbourne, Australia
- King, William, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Klashner, Robb, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Kochikar, Vivekanand, Infosys Technologies Ltd., India
- Kunnathur, Anand S., University of Toledo, USA
- Lee, Jae Kyu, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Lee-Post, Anita, University of Kentucky, USA
- Love, Peter E.D., Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Massey, Anne, Indiana University, USA
- Mathiassen, Lars, Georgia State University, USA
- Ngai, Eric W.T., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Oberweis, Andreas, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Palley, Michael, City University of New York, USA
- Panigrahi, Prabin Kumar, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Poo, Danny, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Raghunathan, Sankaran P., National Management School, India
- Raman, Ramakrishnan, Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, India
- Ramaprasad, Arkalgud, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
- Rapp, Birger, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Rolland, Erik, University of California, USA
- Rolland, Knut H. R., Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
- Sato, Osam, Tokyo Keizai University, Japan
- Savage, Arline, Cal Poly State University, USA
- Shea, Timothy, University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth, USA
- Sheffield, Jim, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Sondheimer, Norman, University of Massachusetts – Amherst, USA
- Spalanzani, Alain, University of Pierre Mendes-France (UPMF), France
- Sutton, Steve G., University of Melbourne, Australia and University of Central Florida, USA
- Syed, Mahbubur Rahman, Minnesota State University, Mankato , USA
- Talluri, Srinivas, Michigan State University, USA
- Tribolet, José M., Instituto Superior Técnico- U.T.L, Portugal
- Tyrväinen, Pasi, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Vlachopoulou, Maro, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Wieringa, R.J., University of Twente, Netherlands
- Wilson, David W., University of London, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Learning to combat DDOS attacks
30 June, 2022
Denial of service (DOS) and distributed denial of service (DDOS) attacks on computer systems are a major concern to those charged with keeping online services running and protecting systems and those who use them. Such intrusions are difficult to thwart although their effects are often obvious. As the names suggested they commonly overwhelm a system so that services cannot be provided to legitimate users. Denial of service attacks are often carried out for malicious purposes or as part of a protest against a particular service or company. It might also be done so that loopholes in the system security might be opened up allowing a third party to extract information, such as user details and passwords, while the attack is underway. Such attacks may also be random, run by botnets and the like or even purely for the entertainment of the perpetrator without any malign intent.
Writing in the International Journal of Business Information Systems, a team from India, review the state of the art in how machine learning might be used to combat DOS and DDOS attacks [...]More details...