International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
India is fast becoming one of the most important development centres for software, IT outsourcing, R&D, biotechnology, customer contact, design, and other knowledge-based products and services. At the same time, India's rapidly expanding middle class represents a promising new market. IJICBM acts as a forum for the exchange of new developments in Indian business environments both in terms of opportunity and threats, and the implications of culture and political landscape on business enterprise.
Topics covered include
- Indian business, culture, etiquette, management
- Economy of India, corporate governance, CSR
- Culture/economic role in science/engineering/technology
- Entrepreneurship/social issues, creativity/innovation, cross-cultural management
- Relationship between India and Western countries
- Foreign investment/trade, outsourcing
- R&D, multi-cultural work teams, communication pitfalls
- Market opportunities, private equity, real estate investment
- Risks/rewards of doing business in India
- Regulatory environment in India
- Best practices for managing communications with Indian counterparts
- Current economic drivers, IT, knowledge management/learning
- Political landscape - effects on business; government support
- Key Indian values: common denominators in a diverse nation, ethics
- Protecting intellectual property
The main objective of IJICBM is to promote research and application of new developments in Indian culture and management. IJICBM aims to help professionals working in the field of international business, academic educators, industry consultants, and practitioners to contribute, to disseminate and to learn from each other’s work. International business dimension and the implications of culture are emphasised in developing appropriate strategies, tactics, and operational policies for being successful in India. IJICBM aims to act as a forum for exchanging new ideas and sharing practical experiences in managing and doing business in India. The journal will also (i) raise the awareness about India’s current business climate, (ii) provide insights regarding India’s future growth opportunities and (iii) offer a networking forum for academics, professionals and entrepreneurs.
IJICBM is a forum to help professionals, chief executive officers, corporate heads of firms, managing directors, senior general managers, board directors, academics and researchers in culture and international business, information technology directors, quality managers, human resource directors and managers of information centers. IJICBM will enable academics and practitioners working in the field of Indian culture and management, to discuss important ideas and concepts, and disseminate information for mutual learning and assessment.
IJICBM publishes original papers, review papers, conceptual framework, news, case studies, empirical research, viewpoints, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Indian culture and management and their implications on global business are welcome. Articles that deal with Indian culture and business issues in various discipline such as accounting and finance, marketing, management information systems, organisational management, operations, supply chain, logistics, government, entrepreneurship, sustainable technology development, business infrastructure development, ethical and environmental laws and standards, health services, international business, manufacturing, education, energy, mining, sports, and transportation are encouraged for IJICBM.
IJICBM is indexed in:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJICBM is listed in:
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Singh, Bal Ram, Institute of Advanced Sciences, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Aggarwal, Raj, University of Akron, USA
- Ashill, Nicholas, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Aulakh, Preet S., York University, Canada
- Babu, A. Subash, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Bhal, Kanika Tandon, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
- Bhatia, Satinder, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, India
- Carmel, Erran, American University, USA
- Casson, Mark, University of Reading, UK
- Chakraborty, Kishore, Hult International Business School, USA
- Dutta, Mohan J., Purdue University, USA
- Forsans, Nicolas, University of Leeds, UK
- Goel, Madan M., Kurukshetra University, India
- Gupta, Rajen K., Management Development Institute, India
- Hayer, Jaswinder S., Competitive Advantage, UK
- Javalgi, Rajshekhar, Cleveland State University, USA
- Jha, Shishir, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Krishna, Pravin, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Lakshman, C., Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Lalwani, Chandra S., University of Hull, UK
- Lindsay, Val, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Maclean, Mairi, University of the West of England, UK
- Malliaris, A. G. (Tassos), Loyola University Chicago, USA
- Misra, Sangeeta D., Indian Institute of Management, India
- Misra, V.D., University of Lucknow, India
- Mrinalini, N., National Institute of Science Technology and Development Studies, India
- Muthuveerappan, Thenmozhi, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Nath, Ravi, Creighton University, USA
- Panda, Tapan Kumar, Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM), India
- Paranjape, Makarand, Jawaharlal Nehru University, India
- Parashar, Sat, Indian Institute of Management Indore, India
- Rangan, U. Srinivasa, Babson College, USA
- Sambharya, Rakesh B., Rutgers University – Camden, USA
- Sarkar, Soumodip, Universidade de Évora, Portugal
- Schroeder, Jonathan E, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Shukla, Madhukar, XLRI School of Business and Human Resource, India
- Singh, Kirpal, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Singh, Shivaji, University of Gorakhpur, India
- Vaidyanathan, Ramamurthy, Indian Institute of Management, India
- Vasudevan, Gopala, University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth, USA
- Vicziany, A. M., Monash University, Australia
- White, D. Steven, University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.