International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. John E. Spillan
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
Leaders in organisations and governments must make responsible strategic and policy decisions that satisfy two important objectives:
- to facilitate and sustain high organisational performance, and
- to manage organisational and national resources so that organisations and societies can benefit from them in the future.
Balancing these objectives can be complex and typically requires intellectual contributions across disciplines. IJSSM is a forum for publication of refereed scientific work in this field.
Topics covered include
- General business topics, e.g. management, marketing, finance, international business, entrepreneurship, international management
- Resource management
- Sustainability of performance
- Sustainability of competitive advantage
- Crisis management from perspectives of society/government/the organisation
- Ethical/social responsibility considerations
- Role of IT in sustainable development
IJSSM serves as an interface between business leaders, policy makers, economists, and management scholars. IJSSM seeks contributions with global relevance concerned with organisational and economic sustainability.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.
IJSSM publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, book reviews, and research notes. Contributions from diverse perspectives are welcome, but each one should blend issues associated with market sustainability (i.e., sustaining superior organisational performance) and environmental sustainability (i.e., consistency with environmental and social concerns). Qualitative and empirical submissions are invited. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJSSM is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
IJSSM is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Spillan, John E., University of North Carolina - Pembroke, USA
- Bahhouth, Victor, University of North Carolina at Pembroke, USA
- Ooi, Say Keat, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
Regional Editor China
- Long, Zhang, China University of Geosciences (Beijing), China
Regional Editor India
- Sangle, Shirish, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
Regional Editor Middle East
- Khoueiri, Roy, Notre Dame University, Lebanon
Editorial Board Members
- Abou Hamad, Jeniffer, Notre Dame University, Lebanon
- Cerda, Arcadio A., Universidad de Talca, Chile
- De Bakker, Frank G.A., Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands
- Dongkun, Luo, China University of Petroleum, China
- Fasone, Vincenzo, Kore University of Enna, Italy
- Ghobadian, Abby, Henley Management College, UK
- Hockerts, Kai, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Jun, Deng, China University of Gecosciences (Beijing), China
- McCann, Jack, Lincoln Memorial University, USA
- O’Regan, Nicholas, University of the West of England, UK
- Parnell, John A., University of North Alabama, USA
- Pillania, Rajesh K., Management Development Institute Gurgaon, India
- Ruiz, Carlos, Georgia Gwinnett College, USA
- Shrivastava, Paul, Bucknell University, USA
- Stead, Jean Garner, East Tennessee State University, USA
- Stead, W. Edward, East Tennessee State University, USA
- Xiucheng, Dong, China University of Petroleum, China
- Yalin, Lei, China University of Gecosciences (Beijing), China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
2 June, 2022
When it comes to fast food, there is a prerequisite inherent to the name that customers receive their order quickly. In addition there are the issues of the quality of service and the fairness of the price they pay. These might all combine to drive customer happiness and thus loyalty. A new study in the International Journal of Sustainable Strategic Management from a team in Malaysia looks at data from hundreds of fast-food consumers and applies attitude theory to understand this seemingly simply but perhaps complex equation. The team of Emily H.T. Yapp and Bagos Wahyudi Amin Tohari of the Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Labuan International Campus in Jalan Sungai Pagar found that food quality, the physical environment, and price fairness affected customer satisfaction whereas the quality of service offered by the restaurant's employees did not. The findings were based on an analysis of results from an online self-administered survey of 310 Malaysian fast-food customers [...]More details...