International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Alain Bernard
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 2.2
Product Lifecycle Management is defined as a strategic business approach for effective management and use of corporate intellectual capital. Challenges faced by product development teams include globalisation, outsourcing, mass customisation, fast innovation and product traceability, enhancing the need for collaboration and knowledge management along the product lifecycle stages. PLM systems are gaining acceptance for managing all information about products throughout their whole lifecycle, from conceptualisation to operations/disposal. IJPLM addresses the development, promotion and coordination of PLM science and practice.
Topics covered include
- PLM for digital factories
- End of life and regulatory aspects
- Long-term retention and archiving
- Embedded lifecycle intelligence in products, traceability/security issues
- PLM infrastructure, implementation processes
- Capture, structuring, reuse of lifecycle information
- Collaborative product development, models for cross-disciplinary information sharing
- PLM user requirements, customer preferences
- Lifecycle virtual and simulation environments
- Interoperability and enterprise systems integration
- Emerging PLM standards and best practices
- Organisational change management, PLM support for product innovation
- Business strategies and benefits
- Green and sustainable products
- PLM educational and training approaches
To draw up the prospects for research in this field, the IJPLM aims to help its readers understand and address PLM issues, identify appropriate visions and strategies, and then successfully plan, implement and use the corresponding systems and practices. IJPLM aims to contribute to a wide-scale dissemination of PLM knowledge, and works that seek to develop and apply pragmatic and advanced solutions for deploying collaborative processes of value creation and delivery. It also establishes channels of communication between experts in academic and research institutions, practitioners and professionals working in industry and related business, and policy makers.
Engineers and academics working in university research and design departments and institutes; and managers, designers, technologists, and research and development engineers working in industry.
IJPLM welcomes original papers that pertain to state-of-the-art, research and development, product development case studies, novel applications, and tools in the areas related to PLM. It also publishes conference reports, relevant reports and news, book reviews and briefs, and also educational approaches. Suggestions for Special Issues devoted to important topics in Product Lifecycle Management and related topics are welcome.
IJPLM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJPLM is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Bouras, Abdelaziz, Qatar University, Qatar
Editor in Chief
- Bernard, Alain, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Rachuri, Sudarsan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
Regional Editor Asia
- Gurumoorthy, Balan, Indian Institute of Science, India
Regional Editor Europe
- McMahon, Chris, University of Bristol, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Bandinelli, Romeo, University of Florence, Italy
- Bilalis, Nikolaos, Technical University of Crete, Greece
- Chakpitak, Nopasit, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
- Dutta, Debasish, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- El-Beqqali, Omar, University S. M. Ben Abdallah, Morocco
- Eynard, Benoît, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
- Foufou, Sebti, Qatar University, Qatar
- Harik, Ramy, University of South Carolina, USA
- Huang, George Q., The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Hvolby, Hans-Henrik, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Jardim-Goncalves, Ricardo, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Kärkkäinen, Hannu, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Kiritsis, Dimitris, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Lim, Jong Gyun, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology, Democratic People|S South Korea
- Lopez-Ortega, Omar, Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Hidalgo, Mexico
- Lu, Wen Feng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Mas Morate, Fernando, AIRBUS Military, Spain
- McKay, Alison, University of Leeds, UK
- Nee, Andrew Yeh-Ching, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Nöel, Frédéric, Institut Polytechnique de Grenoble, France
- Ouzrout, Yacine, Université Lumière Lyon 2 - IUT Lumière, France
- Park, YoungWon, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Pels, Henk Jan, Technische University Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Ríos Chueco, José, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Rivest, Louis, Ecole de technologie superieure, Canada
- Rossi, Monica, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Roucoules, Lionel, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Arts et Métiers, France
- Schabacker, Michael, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
- Segonds, Frederic, Arts et Métiers ParisTech (ENSAM), France
- Silventoinen, Anneli, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Smirnov, Alexander, Russian Academy of Sciences (SPIIRAS), Russian Federation
- Subrahmanian, Eswran, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Terzi, Sergio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Thoben, Klaus-Dieter, BIBA - Bremer Institut für Produktion und Logistik GmbH, Germany
- Tollenaere, Michel, INPG National Polytechnical Institute of Grenoble, France
- Vajna, Sandor, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
- Vieira, Darli Rodrigues, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR), Canada
- Young, Robert, Loughborough University, UK
- Zancul, Eduardo de Senzi, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Grandma's obsolescent broom
23 July, 2021
Research published in the International Journal of Product Lifecycle Management has looked at the concept of obsolescence. A. Sánchez-Carralero and C. Armenta-Déu of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid in Spain explain how they have developed a model to simulate the obsolescence process that leads to the need to replace durable goods. The team shows how the benefits of replacement eventually outweigh the various costs of maintaining the original item nudging the user towards replacing the aging item. The model takes into account servicing as well as an irreparable failure that is the end-point of obsolescence in one sense [...]More details...