International Journal of Innovative Computing and Applications
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Nadia Nedjah
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJICA proposes and fosters discussion on all new computing paradigms and corresponding applications to solve real-world problems. It will cover all aspects related to evolutionary computation, quantum-inspired computing, swarm-based computing, neuro-computing, DNA computing and fuzzy computing, as well as other new computing paradigms.
Topics covered include
- Evolutionary computation
- Genetic programming
- Quantum computing
- DNA computing
- Swarm-based computing
- Fuzzy computing
- New trends
- Evolutionary Computation
- Evolvable hardware
- Evolutionary algorithms
- Evolution strategies
- Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms
- Genetic Programming
- Program encoding
- Variants of genetic programming
- Genetic systems programming
- Quantum Computing
- Quantum algorithms
- Quantum logic
- Quantum cryptography and other applications
- DNA Computing
- Encoding DNA strands
- DNA-based algorithms
- Bio-inspired systems
- Swarm-based Computing
- Swarm-based algorithms
- Memetic algorithms
- Artificial life
- Ant colony optimisations
- Efficient meta-heuristics
- Particle swarm optimisation
- Neural networks
- Learning methods
- Machine learning
- Stochastic computing
- Software simulation
- Hardware emulation
- Fuzzy Computing
- Fuzzy logic and fuzzy sets
- Fuzzy controllers
- New Trends
More on this journal...
IJICA provides a lively forum for the communications of original research. Its objective is the timely dissemination of original research work on innovative computing paradigms and their applications.
The audience of IJICA consists of researchers, academics, graduate students, professionals and system engineers working and interested in learning about new trends in computing paradigms.
IJICA publishes original peer-reviewed papers, which include research papers, review papers, case studies, book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics on innovative computing paradigms and applications will occasionally be published.
IJICA is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJICA is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Nedjah, Nadia, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Cui, Zhihua, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Mourelle, Luiza de Macedo, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Xhafa, Fatos, Technical University of Catalonia, Spain
Editorial Board Members
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Angelov, Plamen, Lancaster University, UK
- Bastos-Filho, Carmelo, University of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Brabazon, Anthony, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Cai, Xingjuan, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Castillo, Oscar, Tijuana Institute of Technology, Mexico
- Coelho, Leandro dos Santos, Pontifical Catholic University of Parana, Brazil
- Coello Coello, Carlos A., CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
- De Alencar Barreto, Guilherme, Universidade Federal do Ceará, Brazil
- Deb, Kalyanmoy, Michigan State University, USA
- Deb, Suash, Cambridge Institute of Technology, India
- Dorigo, Marco, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Dorronsoro, Bernabé, Universidad de Cádiz, Spain
- Gams, Matjaz, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Goldbarg, Elizabeth F. G., Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- Grosan, Crina, Brunel University, UK
- Hendtlass, Tim, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Kacprzyk, Janusz, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Koza, John R., Stanford Universty, USA
- Langdon, William B., University of Essex, UK
- Leung, Andrew Chi Sing, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lu, Wenlian, Fudan University, China
- Nakada, Kazuki, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
- Nesmachnow, Sergio, Universidad de la República, Uruguay
- Neto, Adrião Duarte Dória, Federal University of Rio Grando do Norte, Brazil
- Nicoletti, Maria do Carmo, Universidade Federal de S. Carlos - UFSCar, Brazil
- O'Neill, Michael, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Oltean, Mihai, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
- Rodriguez Rivero, Cristian, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Argentina
- Seixas, Jose Manoel, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Sekanina, Lukas, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
- Talbi, El-Ghazali, University of Lille, France
- Tyrrell, Andrew M., University of York, UK
- Vellasco, Marley B. R., Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Xiao, Renbin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Blue noise cancellation
25 September, 2018
A significant problem in computer graphics and digital photography is the presence of high-frequency "noise" in an image, which occurs in the form of random speckles or aberrant pixels that reduce the overall information content of the image especially when magnifying particular regions of the image for examination. The effect is manifest as a phenomenon known as aliasing and anti-aliasing techniques and filters are available to cope with it…to some extent [...]More details...
How not to go viral
10 July, 2018
The spread of the viral disease Ebola is a major worldwide health concern. Recent outbreaks in Africa have ultimately been well controlled, but a new emergence could occur and cause significant loss of life not only to those local to the epidemic but across the globe as the disease can spread so quickly with international air travel. [...]More details...