International Journal of Embedded Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Kuan-Ching Li
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
Embedded systems are increasingly becoming a key technological component of all kinds of complex technical systems, ranging from vehicles, telephones, audio-video equipment, aircraft, toys, security systems, medical diagnostics, to weapons, pacemakers, climate control systems, manufacturing systems, intelligent power systems etc. IJES addresses the state of the art of all aspects of embedded computing systems with emphasis on algorithms, systems, models, compilers, architectures, tools, design methodologies, test and applications.
Topics covered include
- Embedded systems architecture
- Embedded software and hardware
- Application-specific processors/devices
- Embedded cybersecurity and cryptography
- Real-time systems
- Hardware/software co-design
- Origami Engineering
- Testing techniques
- Industrial practices, benchmark suites
- Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and applications
- Emerging technologies/applications/principles
- Embedded machine learning, deep learning and artificial Intelligence
Embedded System Architecture:
- Heterogeneous multiprocessors, reconfigurable platforms, memory management support, communication, protocols, network-on-chip, real-time systems, and embedded microcontrollers, etc.
- Compilers, assemblers and cross-assemblers, programming, memory management, object-oriented aspects, virtual machines, scheduling, concurrent software for SoCs, distributed/resource aware OS, OS and middleware support, etc.
- System-on-a-chip, DSPs, hardware specification, synthesis, modelling, simulation and analysis at all levels for low power, power-aware, testable, reliable, verifiable systems, performance modelling, validation, security issues, real-time behaviour, and safety critical systems, etc.
Application-specific Processors and Devices:
- Network processors, real-time processor, media and signal processors, application-specific hardware accelerators, reconfigurable processors, low power embedded processors, bio/fluidic processors, bluetooth, handheld devices, flash memory chips, etc.
- All real-time related aspects such as software, parallel and distributed real-time systems, real-time kernels, real-time OS, task scheduling, multitasking design, etc.
- Methodologies, test and debug strategies, real-time systems, interaction between architecture and software design, specification and modelling, design representation, synthesis, partitioning, estimation, design space exploration beyond traditional hardware/software boundary, theory and algorithms, etc.
- All aspects of testing, including design-for-test, test synthesis, built-in self-test, and embedded test, for embedded and system-on-a-chip systems.
Industrial Practices and Benchmark Suites:
- System design, processor design, software, tools, case studies, trends, emerging technologies, experience maintaining benchmark suites, representation, interchange format, copyrights, maintenance, reference implementations, and metrics, etc.
Embedded System Education:
- Courses, textbooks, teaching tools and methods.
Emerging New Topics:
- New challenges for next generation embedded computing systems, arising from new technologies (e.g., nanotechnology), new applications (e.g., pervasive or ubiquitous computing, embedded internet tools), new principle (e.g., embedded engineering), etc.
More on this journal...
The objective of IJES is to provide a vehicle for academics, industrial professionals, educators and policy makers working in the field to contribute and disseminate innovative and important new work on embedded systems.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, managers and industrial professionals.
IJES is a refereed international journal providing an international forum to report, discuss and exchange experimental or theoretical results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas. Papers should be of a quality that represents the latest advances in embedded systems in time-to-market, cost, code size, weight, testability, power, real-time behaviour, and stimulating future trends.
IJES is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJES is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Li, Kuan-Ching, Providence University, Taiwan
- Zhou, Qingguo, Lanzhou University, China
- Ben Abdallah, Abderazek, University of Aizu, Japan
- Bonato, Vanderlei, The University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Giorgi, Roberto, Università degli Studi di Siena, Italy
- Liang, Wei, Xiamen University of Technology, China
- Marino, Mario Donato, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Shen, Jian, Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology, China
- Thampi, Sabu M., Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management - Kerala (IIITM-K), India
- Vaidyanathan, R. (Vaidy), Louisiana State University, USA
- Bertino, Elisa, Purdue University, USA
- Cao, Jiannong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chapman, Barbara, Stony Brook University, USA
- Gao, Guang R., University of Delaware, USA
- Gaudiot, Jean-Luc, University of California – Irvine, USA
- Guo, Minyi, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Hwang, Kai, University of Southern California, USA
- King, Chung-Ta, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Lee, Jenq-Kuen, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Li, Keqin, State University of New York at New Paltz, USA
- Li, Keqiu, Tianjin University, China
- Prasanna, Viktor K., University of Southern California, USA
- Serikawa, Seiichi, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Xu, Zhiwei, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Xue, Jingling, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Yang, Laurence T., St Francis Xavier University, Canada
- Zheng, Si-Qing, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Zima, Hans, California Institute of Technology, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Arabnia, Hamid R., University of Georgia, USA
- Bertogna, Marko, University of Modena, Italy
- Brito, Alisson, Universidade Federal da Paraíba, Brazil
- Castiglione, Arcangelo, University of Salerno, Italy
- Chen, Jian-Jia, Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany
- Chen, Wen Zhi, Zhejiang University, China
- Cheng, Albert M.K., University of Houston, USA
- Cohen, Albert, INRIA, France
- Colace, Francesco, University of Salerno, Italy
- Dobre, Ciprian, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Ficco, Massimo, University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli, Italy
- Guo, Bing, Sichuan University, China
- Hsiung, Pao-Ann, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
- Htike, Kyaw Kyaw, UCSI University, Malaysia
- Huang, Kuo-Chang, National Taichung University, Taiwan
- Jararweh, Yaser, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Jordan
- John, Lizy Kurian, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Kobusińska, Anna, Poznań University of Technology, Poland
- Li, Haohan, Google Inc., USA
- Li, Jin, Guangzhou University, China
- Lin, Man, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
- Liu, Chen, Clarkson University, USA
- Lo Bello, Lucia, University of Catania, Italy
- Manimaran, Govindarasu, Iowa State University, USA
- Morón, Célio Estevan, Universidade Federal de São Carlos - UFSCar, Brazil
- Moscato, Vincenzo, National Interuniversity Consortium for Informatics (Consorzio CINI), Italy
- Mosse, Daniel, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Ota, Kaoru, Muroran Institute of Technology, Japan
- Pereira, Monica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- Pop, Paul, The Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- Rui, Zhou, Lanzhou University, China
- Srimani, Pradip K., Clemson University, USA
- Susilo, Willy, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Tumeo, Antonino, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, USA
- Wang, Chien-Min, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Wang, Guojun, Guangzhou University, China
- Xie, Yi, Xiamen University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
International Journal of Embedded Systems added to Emerging Sources Citations Index
21 March, 2018
Inderscience Publishers are pleased to announce that the International Journal of Embedded Systems has been accepted by and added to Clarivate Analytics' (formerly Thomson Reuters) Emerging Sources Citations Index. The journal is now included in the ESCI journals list.