International Journal of Embedded Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Kuan-Ching Li
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- Clarivate Analytics 2022 JCI 0.21
- CiteScore 1.6 (2021)
Embedded systems are increasingly becoming a key technological component of all kinds of complex technical systems, ranging from vehicles, telephones, audio-video equipment, aircraft, toys, security systems, medical diagnostics, to weapons, pacemakers, climate control systems, manufacturing systems, intelligent power systems etc. IJES addresses the state of the art of all aspects of embedded computing systems with emphasis on algorithms, systems, models, compilers, architectures, tools, design methodologies, test and applications.
Topics covered include
- Embedded systems architecture
- Embedded software and hardware
- Application-specific processors/devices
- Embedded cybersecurity and cryptography
- Real-time systems
- Hardware/software co-design
- Origami Engineering
- Testing techniques
- Industrial practices, benchmark suites
- Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and applications
- Emerging technologies/applications/principles
- Embedded machine learning, deep learning and artificial Intelligence
Embedded System Architecture:
- Heterogeneous multiprocessors, reconfigurable platforms, memory management support, communication, protocols, network-on-chip, real-time systems, and embedded microcontrollers, etc.
- Compilers, assemblers and cross-assemblers, programming, memory management, object-oriented aspects, virtual machines, scheduling, concurrent software for SoCs, distributed/resource aware OS, OS and middleware support, etc.
- System-on-a-chip, DSPs, hardware specification, synthesis, modelling, simulation and analysis at all levels for low power, power-aware, testable, reliable, verifiable systems, performance modelling, validation, security issues, real-time behaviour, and safety critical systems, etc.
Application-specific Processors and Devices:
- Network processors, real-time processor, media and signal processors, application-specific hardware accelerators, reconfigurable processors, low power embedded processors, bio/fluidic processors, bluetooth, handheld devices, flash memory chips, etc.
- All real-time related aspects such as software, parallel and distributed real-time systems, real-time kernels, real-time OS, task scheduling, multitasking design, etc.
- Methodologies, test and debug strategies, real-time systems, interaction between architecture and software design, specification and modelling, design representation, synthesis, partitioning, estimation, design space exploration beyond traditional hardware/software boundary, theory and algorithms, etc.
- All aspects of testing, including design-for-test, test synthesis, built-in self-test, and embedded test, for embedded and system-on-a-chip systems.
Industrial Practices and Benchmark Suites:
- System design, processor design, software, tools, case studies, trends, emerging technologies, experience maintaining benchmark suites, representation, interchange format, copyrights, maintenance, reference implementations, and metrics, etc.
Embedded System Education:
- Courses, textbooks, teaching tools and methods.
Emerging New Topics:
- New challenges for next generation embedded computing systems, arising from new technologies (e.g., nanotechnology), new applications (e.g., pervasive or ubiquitous computing, embedded internet tools), new principle (e.g., embedded engineering), etc.
More on this journal...
The objective of IJES is to provide a vehicle for academics, industrial professionals, educators and policy makers working in the field to contribute and disseminate innovative and important new work on embedded systems.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, managers and industrial professionals.
IJES is a refereed international journal providing an international forum to report, discuss and exchange experimental or theoretical results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas. Papers should be of a quality that represents the latest advances in embedded systems in time-to-market, cost, code size, weight, testability, power, real-time behaviour, and stimulating future trends.
IJES is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJES is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Li, Kuan-Ching, Providence University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Giorgi, Roberto, Università degli Studi di Siena, Italy
- Zhou, Qingguo, Lanzhou University, China
- Bonato, Vanderlei, The University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Castiglione, Arcangelo, University of Salerno, Italy
- Chen, Jianguo, University of Toronto, Canada
- Dobre, Ciprian, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Fowler, Scott, Linköping University, Sweden
- Liang, Wei, Hunan University, China
- Marino, Mario Donato, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Shi, Peichang, National University of Defense Technology, China
Regional Editor Asia
- Fan, Yongkai, Communication University of China, China
- Bertino, Elisa, Purdue University, USA
- Cao, Jiannong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chapman, Barbara, Stony Brook University, USA
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
Editorial Board Members
- Bertogna, Marko, University of Modena, Italy
- Chen, Jian-Jia, Technische Universität Dortmund, Germany
- Chen, Wen Zhi, Zhejiang University, China
- Cozzolino, Giovanni, University of Naples "Federico II", Italy
- Ficco, Massimo, University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli, Italy
- John, Lizy Kurian, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Kobusińska, Anna, Poznań University of Technology, Poland
- Liu, Chen, Clarkson University, USA
- Lo Bello, Lucia, University of Catania, Italy
- Long, Jing, Hunan Normal University, China
- Manimaran, Govindarasu, Iowa State University, USA
- Morón, Célio Estevan, Universidade Federal de São Carlos - UFSCar, Brazil
- Mosse, Daniel, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Narducci, Fabio, Università degli Studi di Salerno, Italy
- Ogiela, Lidia, Pedagogical University of Kracow, Poland
- Pereira, Monica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- Pizzolante, Raffaele, University of Salerno, Italy
- Pop, Paul, The Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark
- Souri, Alireza, Haliç University, Turkey
- Thampi, Sabu M., Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management - Kerala (IIITM-K), India
- Xie, Yi, Xiamen University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.