International Journal of Information and Communication Technology
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Srikanta Patnaik
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.6 (2021)
IJICT is a refereed journal in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), providing an international forum for professionals, engineers and researchers. IJICT reports the new paradigms in this emerging field of technology and envisions the future developments in the frontier areas. The journal addresses issues for the vertical and horizontal applications in this area.
IJICT is an Open Access-only journal and article processing charges (APCs) apply.
Topics covered include
- Information theory/coding
- Information/IT/network security, standards, applications
- Internet/web based systems/products
- Data mining/warehousing
- Network planning, design, administration
- Sensor/ad hoc networks
- Human-computer intelligent interaction, AI
- Computational linguistics, digital speech
- Distributed/cooperative media
- Interactive communication media/content
- Social interaction, mobile communications
- Signal representation/processing, image processing
- Virtual reality, cyber law, e-governance
- Microprocessor interfacing, hardware design
- Control of industrial processes, ERP/CRM/SCM
To recognise the tremendous growth in the core field and application areas of ICT. Further, to provide a forum for the exchange ideas on the emerging areas and to bring together technologists, application developers, researchers from industries, academic institutions and R&D laboratories.
IJICT provides a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of information and communication technology, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJICT is a referred international journal publishing original and review papers and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in the areas of information and communication technology will also be published periodically.
IJICT is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJICT is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Patnaik, Srikanta, Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Popentiu Vladicescu, Florin, City University, UK
- Qu, Guangzhi, Oakland University, USA
- Yu, Zhengtao, Kunming University of Science and Technology , China
- Yadavalli, V.S.S., University of Pretoria, South Africa
Editorial Board Members
- Apolloni, Bruno, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Chen, Shyi-Ming, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, Province of China
- Coulibaly, Yahaya, University Technology Malaysia, Malaysia
- Cui, Zhihua, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Das, B.K., Government of India, India
- Davis, Joseph, The University of Sydney, Australia
- De La Escalera Hueso, Arturo, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Dong, Shi, Zhoukou Normal University, China
- El Mohajir, Mohammed, Dhar Mahraz University, Morocco
- Elhoseny, Mohamed, American University in the Emirates, United Arab Emirates
- Hessami, Ali, Vega Systems, UK
- Hsu, Yen-Tseng, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan, Province of China
- Jain, Sanjay, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Khatua, Chidananda, Intel Corporation Inc., USA
- Kiper, Ayse, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Kohout, Ladislav J., Florida State University, USA
- Koukam, Abderrafiaa, Université de Technologie de Belfort Montbéliard, France
- Langari, Reza, Texas A&M University, USA
- Liu, Feng, Wuhan University, China
- Ma, Maode, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Mahalik, N. P., California State University, Fresno, USA
- Mahapatra, Rabi N, Texas A&M University, USA
- Misra, Subhas C., IIT Kanpur, India
- Mitra, Pabitra, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Phillips-Wren, Gloria, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Reddy, P. Krishna, International Institute of Information Technology, India
- Serhani, M. Adel, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Shafazand, M. Hassan, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Iran
- Shan, Tony C., Wachovia Bank, USA
- Shukla, Anupam, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior (ABV-IIITM), India
- Soto Acosta, Pedro, University of Murcia, Spain
- Trappl, Robert, Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI), Austria
- Tzafestas, Spyros, National Technical University, Greece
- Yeap, Wai-Kiang, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Zhang, Yudong, Nanjing Normal University, China
- Zorat, Alessandro, University of Trento, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- This is an Open Access-only journal. There is an article processing charge of US $1500 to publish in this journal. You can find more information on Open Access here. Authors who have submitted articles prior to 24 May, 2022 will still have a choice of publishing as a Standard or an Open-Access article.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Machine learning for pharma
16 August, 2022
There are literally millions of known chemical compounds. Huge numbers of these substances are used in industry, in agriculture, in the home, as medicines, and in countless other applications. Finding novel compounds with specific properties, such as a new pharmaceutical with fewer side effects than the old one, is a major focus of many research teams around the world. Often, software is used to scan databases of known chemicals but can also be used to predict the properties of previously unknown substances that might be synthesised in a laboratory should those properties fit the brief. Now, writing in the International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, Faisal Saeed of the College of Computer Science and Engineering at Taibah University in Medina, Saudi Arabia, explains that predicting the characteristics of a new molecular structure in silico, in the computer, in other words, still presents many major challenges to drug discovery teams. In his paper, Saeed, suggests that machine learning might open wide the bottleneck by finding new ways to identify novel substances with particular physiological properties that might make them useful as new pharmaceuticals for a wide range of diseases and conditions [...]More details...
International Journal of Information and Communication Technology is now an open access-only journal
23 May, 2022
We are pleased to announce that the International Journal of Information and Communication Technology is now an Open Access-only journal. All accepted articles submitted from 24 May 2022 onwards will be Open Access, and will require an article processing charge of US $1500.