International Journal of Information and Communication Technology
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Srikanta Patnaik
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.6 (2019)
IJICT is a refereed journal in the field of information and communication technology (ICT), providing an international forum for professionals, engineers and researchers. IJICT reports the new paradigms in this emerging field of technology and envisions the future developments in the frontier areas. The journal addresses issues for the vertical and horizontal applications in this area.
Topics covered include
- Information theory/coding
- Information/IT/network security, standards, applications
- Internet/web based systems/products
- Data mining/warehousing
- Network planning, design, administration
- Sensor/ad hoc networks
- Human-computer intelligent interaction, AI
- Computational linguistics, digital speech
- Distributed/cooperative media
- Interactive communication media/content
- Social interaction, mobile communications
- Signal representation/processing, image processing
- Virtual reality, cyber law, e-governance
- Microprocessor interfacing, hardware design
- Control of industrial processes, ERP/CRM/SCM
To recognise the tremendous growth in the core field and application areas of ICT. Further, to provide a forum for the exchange ideas on the emerging areas and to bring together technologists, application developers, researchers from industries, academic institutions and R&D laboratories.
IJICT provides a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of information and communication technology, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJICT is a referred international journal publishing original and review papers and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in the areas of information and communication technology will also be published periodically.
IJICT is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJICT is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Patnaik, Srikanta, SOA University and Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Popentiu Vladicescu, Florin, City University, UK
- Qu, Guangzhi, Oakland University, USA
- Yu, Zhengtao, Kunming University of Science and Technology , China
- Yadavalli, V.S.S., University of Pretoria, South Africa
Editorial Board Members
- Apolloni, Bruno, Università degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Chen, Shyi-Ming, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Coulibaly, Yahaya, University Technology Malaysia, Malaysia
- Cui, Zhihua, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Das, B.K., Government of India, India
- Davis, Joseph, The University of Sydney, Australia
- De La Escalera Hueso, Arturo, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- El Mohajir, Mohammed, Dhar Mahraz University, Morocco
- Elhoseny, Mohamed, Mansoura University, Egypt
- Hessami, Ali, Vega Systems, UK
- Hsu, Yen-Tseng, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Jain, Lakhmi C., University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Jain, Sanjay, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Khatua, Chidananda, Intel Corporation Inc., USA
- Kiper, Ayse, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Kohout, Ladislav J., Florida State University, USA
- Koukam, Abderrafiaa, Université de Technologie de Belfort Montbéliard, France
- Langari, Reza, Texas A&M University, USA
- Liu, Feng, Wuhan University, China
- Ma, Maode, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Mahalik, N. P., California State University, Fresno, USA
- Mahapatra, Rabi N, Texas A&M University, USA
- Misra, Subhas C., IIT Kanpur, India
- Mitra, Pabitra, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India
- Phillips-Wren, Gloria, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Reddy, P. Krishna, International Institute of Information Technology, India
- Serhani, M. Adel, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Shafazand, M. Hassan, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Iran
- Shan, Tony C., Wachovia Bank, USA
- Shukla, Anupam, Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior (ABV-IIITM), India
- Soto Acosta, Pedro, University of Murcia, Spain
- Trappl, Robert, Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence (OFAI), Austria
- Tzafestas, Spyros, National Technical University, Greece
- Yeap, Wai-Kiang, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Zhang, Yudong, Nanjing Normal University, China
- Zorat, Alessandro, University of Trento, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Intruding on big data
11 March, 2020
Plain text documents and databases are vulnerable to intrusion by malicious third parties in a way that encrypted, password-protected materials are not. However, there are computer overheads and costs to adding encryption and so documents are often held on servers in plaintext nevertheless. Writing in the International Journal of Information and Communication Technology, a team from China is developing an intrusion detection system that is not resource hungry but can protect plaintext materials [...]More details...