International Journal of Productivity and Quality Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
Productivity and quality are integral components of organisations' operational strategies. Productivity plays an important role at both macro and micro levels. At micro-level, firms use productivity as a performance measure to benchmark against best-in-class companies to identify best practices. Quality management has become an important part of management culture, particularly in new enterprises characterised by supply chain, e-commerce and virtual enterprise environments. IJPQM addresses strategies, techniques and tools for productivity and quality management and improvement in manufacturing and service organisations.
Topics covered include
- A perspective on the needs, issues, enablers
- Strategic alliances based on core competences, BPR
- Problem areas, types of solutions, tools/techniques
- Productivity and quality improvement strategies/standards
- Link between competitiveness and productivity/quality improvement
- Measures/metrics, benchmarking, best practices
- Functional/enterprise integration/management
- Empirical research/case studies
- Software products, IT/IS, e.g. www, EDI, RFID, ERP
- Six sigma approach, continuous improvement, knowledge management
- Design/implementation of productivity/QMS
- Green/environmental productivity/quality, TQM, QFD
- Total productivity management, productivity function deployment
- SPC and process capability analysis, FEMA
- Supply chain/virtual enterprise environments, SMEs
The main objective of IJPQM is to promote research and application of new strategies, techniques and tools of productivity and quality improvement and in turn the organisational competitiveness in the new economy and society. IJPQM aims to help professionals working in the field of productivity and quality, academic educators, industry consultants, and practitioners to contribute, to disseminate and to learn from each other’s work. The global dimension is emphasised in developing appropriate strategies, tactics, operational policies and tools for productivity and quality enhancement. IJPQM acts as a forum for exchanging innovative ideas and sharing practical experiences in managing and improving productivity and quality.
IJPQM is a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers and practitioners, working in the field of productivity and quality functions and improvements in the emerging economy and society, to discuss the important ideas, concepts and disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJPQM publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, empirical research, technical notes, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in productivity and quality issues will occasionally be published. Productivity and quality improvement strategies, tactics and tools of both theoretical and practical nature are welcome. Articles that deal with productivity and quality issues in finance, government, health services, manufacturing, education, energy, mining, sports, and transportation are encouraged for IJPQM.
IJPQM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJPQM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Åhlström, Pär, Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- Alting, Leo, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Austin, Robert D., Harvard University, USA
- Baker, R.C., University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Barr, Richard, Southern Methodist University, USA
- Beatty, James R., San Diego State University, USA
- Benson, Harold, University of Florida, USA
- Benton, W. C., The Ohio State University, USA
- Cousins, Paul, University of Manchester, UK
- Da Silveira, Giovani, University of Calgary, Canada
- Ebadi, Yar M., Kansas State University, USA
- Ernst, Ricardo, Georgetown University, USA
- Gershon, Mark, Temple University, USA
- Green, Rod H., University of Bath, UK
- Guide, Jr, V. Daniel R., The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Haddock, Jorge, George Mason University, USA
- Hope, Christine, Bradford University, UK
- Jantan, Muhamad, University Science Malaysia, Malaysia
- Kadipasaoglu, Sukran, University of Houston, USA
- Kanet, John J., University of Dayton, USA
- Kapur, Kailash C., University of Washington, USA
- Kehoe, Dennis, University of Liverpool, UK
- Kim, Kwang-Jae, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), South Korea
- Lai, Kee-hung, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lillrank, Paul, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
- Maier, Frank H., International University in Germany, Germany
- Mandal, Purnendu, Lamar University, USA
- Markham, Ina S., James Madison University, USA
- Matsui, Masayuki, The University of Electro-Communications, Japan
- Melnyk, Steven A., Michigan State University, USA
- Mersha, Tigineh, University of Baltimore, USA
- Mouritsen, Jan, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Oakland, John S., European Centre for Business Excellence, UK
- Oppenheim, Rosa, Rutgers University, USA
- Parkan, Celik, Long Island University, USA
- Pati, Niranjan, Rowan University, USA
- Pearman, Alan, University of Leeds, UK
- Pyke, David F., University of San Diego, USA
- Reid, Richard A., University of New Mexico, USA
- Ribera, Jaume, IESE Business School, Spain
- Robinson, Alan, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Samson, Danny A., University of Melbourne, Australia
- Saniga, Erwin, University of Delaware, USA
- Sarhadi, Mansoor, Brunel University, UK
- Scott, Carlton, University of California Irvine, USA
- Seshadri, Sridhar, New York University, USA
- Sexton, Don, Columbia University, USA
- Shang, Jennifer S., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Slack, Nigel, University of Warwick, UK
- Tirupati, Devanath, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
- Walton, Steve, Emory University, USA
- Yang, Kum Khiong, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Zijm, W.H.M., University of Twente, Netherlands
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.