International Journal of Applied Pattern Recognition
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. A.P. James
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAPR presents original research on the theoretical, experimental and applied aspects of pattern analysis, extraction, classification and clustering. The journal focuses on areas such as feature selection, feature extraction, large data problems, online learning, classifiers and perception models. IJAPR acknowledges and encourages submissions reflecting the importance of large data analysis and online learning in industrial applications.
Topics covered include
- Face recognition and analysis
- Speech recognition and analysis
- Natural object recognition and analysis
- Image recognition
- Speaker recognition
- Biometric recognition
- Predictive modelling applications
- Large data forecasting applications
- Insect and plant recognition
- Geographic applications
- Natural language recognition
- Pattern recognition in biosciences applications
- Pattern recognition in health informatics applications
- Pattern recognition in library applications
- Pattern recognition in computational science applications
The objectives of IJAPR are to establish effective communications between researchers and developers to create awareness and propel the development of pattern recognition applications. It aims to benchmark, evaluate and standardise new research ideas and methods having high impact on industrial and scientific applications.
IJAPR provides a vehicle to help professionals, engineers, academics and researchers working in the field of machine intelligence hardware to disseminate information on state-of-the-art techniques and their management, evaluation, benchmarking and standardisation mainly when applied to large data pattern recognition problems. The journal serves as a forum to integrate interdisciplinary research work involving academic researchers and industrial scientists and developers in the area of real world data analytics and their implementation.
IJAPR publishes original regular papers, research reviews, and short papers on the design, development, evaluation, testing and standardisation of pattern recognition applications. Special issues devoted to important and emerging topics in pattern recognition applications as well as to related international events on these topics will also be published.
Editor in Chief
- James, A.P., Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
Editorial Board Members
- Alinejad-Rokny, Hamid, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Appice, Annalisa, Università degli Studi di Bari , Italy
- Cococcioni, Marco, University of Pisa, Italy
- Hosny, Khalid M., Zagazig University, Egypt
- Ko, Ryan K. L., University of Queensland, Australia
- Maddalena, Lucia, National Research Council (CNR), Italy
- Marteau, Pierre-François, Université de Bretagne Sud (UBS), France
- Polat, Kemal, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Turkey
- S, Asharaf, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, India
- Savvides, Marios, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Siddique, Nazmul H., University of Ulster, UK
- Tan, Xiaoyang, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
- Trinidad, José Francisco Martínez, National Institute for Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics, Mexico
- Yin, Peng-Yeng, National Chi Nan University, Taiwan
- Zhan, De-Chuan, Nanjing University, China
- Zhao, Guoying, University of Oulu, Finland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.