International Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Optimisation
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.3 (2022)
IJMMNO addresses mathematical modelling, algorithm development, numerical methods, computer simulations and numerical optimisation as well as applications and case studies. It focuses on multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary research to communicate new algorithms and techniques in mathematical modelling and numerical optimisation and promote real-world applications in all major areas of sciences, engineering and industry. IJMMNO publishes full-length original research papers, with a section dedicated to short research notes and concise case studies using modelling, simulation and optimisation.
Topics covered include
- Mathematical modelling/analysis
- Mathematical/numerical models/algorithms/techniques: review/analysis/comparison
- New mathematical models/novel algorithms, multidisciplinary research
- Algorithm formulation/analysis
- Modelling of physical, chemical, biological, environmental, industrial processes
- Numerical methods/analysis, error estimation, stability
- Optimisation techniques
- Statistical simulations/techniques; computer simulations and visualisation
- Network modelling/theory
- Case studies/applications in all areas of sciences/engineering/industry
The objectives of IJMMNO are to establish an excellent platform for discussion and communication between applied mathematicians, mathematical and numerical modellers, computer algorithm developers, and optimisation researchers in academic and research institutions, and industry. It strives to promote the development of effective algorithms, mathematical models, and optimisation techniques and their applications in real-world problems with demonstrated capability and efficiency in cross-disciplinary and industrial applications.
The readership of IJMMNO is wide and diverse, including academics, researchers, industrial professionals, engineers and software developers, as well as graduates students reading for MScs and PhDs. This journal strives to provide a vehicle to help researchers to disseminate their research results and to learn/follow the latest development.
IJMMNO publishes high-quality original papers, review papers, short research notes and case studies, conference reports and technical reports, book reviews and research news. Special issues devoted to important topics, especially the latest development in the relevant areas, will be published when necessary, to be edited by guest editors and/or proposed by conference organisers.
IJMMNO is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Zentralblatt MATH (FIZ Karlsruhe)
IJMMNO is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Jeliazkov, Ivan, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Koziel, Slawomir, Reykjavik University, Iceland
- Torres, Delfim F. M., University of Aveiro, Portugal
Honorary Advisory Board
- Adamatzky, Andy, University of West England, UK
- Deb, Suash, Cambridge Institute of Technology, India
- Dulikravich, George S., Florida International University, USA
- Forbes, Alistair, National Physical Laboratory , UK
- Revil, Andre, Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Simos, T.E., Ural Federal University and King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Talbi, El-Ghazali, University of Lille, France
Editorial Board Members
- Ayvaz, M. Tamer, Pamukkale University, Turkey
- Bagirov, Adil, University of Ballarat, Australia
- Ciaurri, David Echeverría, Stanford University, USA
- Coello Coello, Carlos A., CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
- Colaco, Marcelo J., Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, UFRJ, Brazil
- Coron, Jean-Michel, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France
- Dhaene, Tom, Ghent University - IBBT, Belgium
- Fedorov, Vladimir E., Chelyabinsk State University, Russian Federation
- Garbey, Marc, University of Houston, USA
- Geem, Zong Woo "Victor", Gachon University, South Korea
- Gray, Genetha Anne, Sandia National Laboratories, USA
- Henry, Bruce, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Hlavacs, Helmut, University of Vienna, Austria
- Iba, Hitoshi, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Knobloch, Petr, Charles University, Czech Republic
- Lässig, Jörg, University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Görlitz, Germany
- Naidoo, Ramu, Durban University of Technology, South Africa
- Natesan, Srinivasan, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
- Pai, Ping-Feng, National Chi Nan University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Petras, Ivo, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia
- Piché, Robert, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Scheid, Claire, University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France
- Shi, Guangren, Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration and Development, China
- Sin, Vai Kuong, University of Macau, Macao
- Sklenar, Jaroslav, University of Malta, Malta
- Vasant, Pandian, Petronas University of Technology, Malaysia
- Yildiz, Ali Riza, Uludag University, Turkey
- Yu, Lean, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, China
- Yuan, Xiaoming, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Zaharim, Azami, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
- Zhang, Qi-Jun, Carleton University, Canada
- Zuazua, Enrique, BCAM - Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, Spain
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.