International Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Optimisation
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Xin-She Yang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.4 (2021)
IJMMNO addresses mathematical modelling, algorithm development, numerical methods, computer simulations and numerical optimisation as well as applications and case studies. It focuses on multidisciplinary and cross-disciplinary research to communicate new algorithms and techniques in mathematical modelling and numerical optimisation and promote real-world applications in all major areas of sciences, engineering and industry. IJMMNO publishes full-length original research papers, with a section dedicated to short research notes and concise case studies using modelling, simulation and optimisation.
Topics covered include
- Mathematical modelling/analysis
- Mathematical/numerical models/algorithms/techniques: review/analysis/comparison
- New mathematical models/novel algorithms, multidisciplinary research
- Algorithm formulation/analysis
- Modelling of physical, chemical, biological, environmental, industrial processes
- Numerical methods/analysis, error estimation, stability
- Optimisation techniques
- Statistical simulations/techniques; computer simulations and visualisation
- Network modelling/theory
- Case studies/applications in all areas of sciences/engineering/industry
The objectives of IJMMNO are to establish an excellent platform for discussion and communication between applied mathematicians, mathematical and numerical modellers, computer algorithm developers, and optimisation researchers in academic and research institutions, and industry. It strives to promote the development of effective algorithms, mathematical models, and optimisation techniques and their applications in real-world problems with demonstrated capability and efficiency in cross-disciplinary and industrial applications.
The readership of IJMMNO is wide and diverse, including academics, researchers, industrial professionals, engineers and software developers, as well as graduates students reading for MScs and PhDs. This journal strives to provide a vehicle to help researchers to disseminate their research results and to learn/follow the latest development.
IJMMNO publishes high-quality original papers, review papers, short research notes and case studies, conference reports and technical reports, book reviews and research news. Special issues devoted to important topics, especially the latest development in the relevant areas, will be published when necessary, to be edited by guest editors and/or proposed by conference organisers.
IJMMNO is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Zentralblatt MATH (FIZ Karlsruhe)
IJMMNO is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Yang, Xin-She, Middlesex University, UK
- Jeliazkov, Ivan, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Koziel, Slawomir, Reykjavik University, Iceland
- Torres, Delfim F. M., University of Aveiro, Portugal
Honorary Advisory Board
- Adamatzky, Andy, University of West England, UK
- Deb, Suash, Cambridge Institute of Technology, India
- Dulikravich, George S., Florida International University, USA
- Forbes, Alistair, National Physical Laboratory , UK
- Revil, Andre, Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Simos, T.E., Ural Federal University and King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Talbi, El-Ghazali, University of Lille, France
Editorial Board Members
- Ayvaz, M. Tamer, Pamukkale University, Turkey
- Bagirov, Adil, University of Ballarat, Australia
- Ciaurri, David Echeverría, Stanford University, USA
- Coello Coello, Carlos A., CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
- Colaco, Marcelo J., Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, UFRJ, Brazil
- Coron, Jean-Michel, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France
- Dhaene, Tom, Ghent University - IBBT, Belgium
- Fedorov, Vladimir E., Chelyabinsk State University, Russian Federation
- Garbey, Marc, University of Houston, USA
- Geem, Zong Woo "Victor", Gachon University, South Korea
- Gray, Genetha Anne, Sandia National Laboratories, USA
- Henry, Bruce, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Hlavacs, Helmut, University of Vienna, Austria
- Iba, Hitoshi, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Knobloch, Petr, Charles University, Czech Republic
- Lässig, Jörg, University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Görlitz, Germany
- Naidoo, Ramu, Durban University of Technology, South Africa
- Natesan, Srinivasan, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, India
- Pai, Ping-Feng, National Chi Nan University, Taiwan
- Petras, Ivo, Technical University of Kosice, Slovakia
- Piché, Robert, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Scheid, Claire, University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis, France
- Shi, Guangren, Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration and Development, China
- Sin, Vai Kuong, University of Macau, Macao
- Sklenar, Jaroslav, University of Malta, Malta
- Vasant, Pandian, Petronas University of Technology, Malaysia
- Yildiz, Ali Riza, Uludag University, Turkey
- Yu, Lean, Beijing University of Chemical Technology, China
- Yuan, Xiaoming, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Zaharim, Azami, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
- Zhang, Qi-Jun, Carleton University, Canada
- Zuazua, Enrique, BCAM - Basque Center for Applied Mathematics, Spain
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Modelling superspreader events
19 April, 2022
Williams Chukwu of the Division of Infectious Diseases and Global Public Health at the University of California San Diego, USA and colleagues at the University of Zimbabwe and the University of Johannesburg, South Africa, explain that superspreader events can increase the public healthcare burden considerably in a short space of time. The researchers have now developed a mathematical model to look at the dynamics of the spread of COVID-19 at large events. Their model takes into account two important variables that must be considered in assessing the risk and ultimate impact of large-scale events in the face of a major infectious disease: clinical, infectivity level and social or environmental contact level. Ultimately, it provides a way to assess the likely effect on wider public health of running large-scale events and what control measures might be put in place to reduce the risk of such an event being a superspreader. Indeed, the measures the team suggests in the International Journal of Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Optimisation are those that have been implemented in many parts of the world with varying degrees of success in this pandemic and in previous pandemics – social distancing, curfews, wearing of face masks, use of hand sanitizers, and other measures [...]More details...