International Journal of Learning and Change
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Shantha Liyanage
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJLC seeks to improve the understanding and approach to learning by addressing both theoretical and practical issues that have a high relevance to reforming and revitalising organisational capability, knowledge and intellectual assets. Learning is essential to individuals and organisations, whilst change is inevitable and needs to be managed wherever possible. IJLC is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge of management of learning and change, especially the process and method of learning and change in science-based and technology-driven developments and applications.
Topics covered include
- Individual/organisational learning processes
- Experiences/knowledge management, absorption processes
- Technological/social change processes
- Knowledge/learning connections
- Situated/problem-based/electronic/multimedia learning/action
- Communication, relationships, networking, collaborations
- Increasing organisational productivity, managing sustainable change
- Knowledge creation/diffusion, transfer processes
- Community of learning and practices
- Individual/organisational/capability learning
- Science/technology learning/education
- Narratives/metaphor/storytelling in organisational learning
- Organisational structures, governance, political factors, policies
- Ethical issues of (management of) change
- Nature/quality of learning/change/knowledge, qualitative research methods
The core objective of IJLCis to deepen the knowledge and understanding of both individual and to link learning with organisational change and development. The academic objectives addressed in IJLC include: to deepen theoretical understanding of learning and its connection with knowledge; to develop methods and approaches to learning; to integrate leaning with technological, social and economic change; to promote international networks and dialogue between researchers, industry practioners and public sector persons.
IJLC|s objectives are to encourage new approaches and practices that provide insight into how firms use learning as a precursor of change and to foster new thinking around learning theories and change management processes. The journal is also dedicated to explore how firms formulate learning strategies to manage competitiveness and capabilities under uncertain conditions. In addition, IJLC aims to provide a forum for the publication of research and to promote links between the theory and practice of learning and management of innovation, knowledge, science and technology.
IJLC aims to inspire scholars and practitioners dealing with learning and change. It assists those individuals and firms to manage the process of change by developing effective management techniques that are relevant, applicable, and appropriate, providing a vehicle through which to deepen the understanding of managing learning and change processes caused by scientific and technological advances. IJLC also addresses management issues faced by all knowledge-based firms, and, therefore, is relevant to all individuals, irrespective of their position in the organisation. The readership will include practitioners, academics, industrialists, and business students.
IJLC publishes original papers, review articles, book reviews, and thematic issues that are relevant to learning and change in various cultural and organisational settings. It accepts scholarly contributions based on both quantitative and qualitative research methods. Special issues devoted to particular themes of learning and change will also be published from time to time.
IJLC is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- British Education Index (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- ERIC: Educational Resources Information Center
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Francis (INIST-CNRS)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Studies on Women and Gender Abstracts
IJLC is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Liyanage, Shantha, New South Wales Department of Education, Australia
- Annerstedt, Jan, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
Regional Editor Asia Pacific
- Murray, Peter A., University of Southern Queensland, Australia
Regional Editor Eastern Europe
- Skvarciany, Viktorija, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
Regional Editor Europe
- Meidutė-Kavaliauskien, Ieva, General Jonas Žemaitis Military Academy of Lithuania, Lithuania
Regional Editor Scandinavia
- Johannessen, Stig, Complexity and Management Centre Norway, Norway
Regional Editor USA
- Kalyanaram, Gurumurthy, City University of New York, New Jersey Institute of Technology and Tata Institute, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Birkenkrahe, Marcus Speh, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Germany
- Bozeman, Barry, Georgia Tech, USA
- Davidaviciene, Vida, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
- Díaz Andrade, Antonio, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Ferreira, Fernando Alberto Freitas, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Frost, Jetta, University of Hamburg, Germany
- Gammelgaard, Britta, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Gluckman, Peter, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Hukkinen, Janne, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Hunyor, Stephen, University of Sydney and Royal North Shore Hospital, Australia
- Husted, Kenneth, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Kodama, Fumio, University of Tokyo (retired), Japan
- Kumar, Payal, Glocal University, India
- Kumari, Roshni, ELLTA Organisation (Exploring Leadership & Learning Theories in Asia), Pakistan
- Lambert, Bruce Henry, NIAS - Nordic Institute of Asian Studies, Denmark
- Loomes, Kerry, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Maani, Kambiz, University of Queensland, Australia
- Maurer, Herman A., Graz University of Technology, Austria
- Pandey, I.M., Delhi University, India
- Poon, Patrick, Lingnan University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Psoni, Paraskevi, Athens University of Economics and Business,, Greece
- Ramadani, Veland, South-East European University, Macedonia, F.Y.R.
- Reiss, Thomas, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research, Germany
- Rudolf, Victor, University of Queensland, Australia
- Sanugi, Bharom, Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia, Malaysia
- Senanayake, Manori P, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Skår, John, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Sugasawa, Yoshio, Japan University of Economics, Japan
- Sun, Hongyi, The City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Tongsan, Wang, Institute of Quantitative & Technical Economics (IQTE), China
- Van Pottelsberghe, Bruno, Université libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Weerawardena, Jay, University of Queensland, Australia
- Wensley, Anthony, University of Toronto, Canada
- White, Nancy, Full Circle Associates, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
International Scientific Conference "Contemporary Issues in Business, Management and Economics Engineering"
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.