- Environmental and physical ergonomics
- Human-machine systems design/tool/equipment design
- Eliciting human requirements on technology
- Usability/comfort/pleasure/cognitive engineering of human-technology interfaces
- Anthropometrics/design for people with disabilities
- Design of critical systems/equipment for extreme environments
- Human performance measurement and modelling
- Humans in transportation systems/technologically complex systems
- Cognitive ergonomics, information processing, information/multimedia design, expert systems
- Acceptability and effectiveness of technology change
- Training design, organisational design and psychosocial factors
- Management of the complex participation of people in their environment
- Human-centred/goal-driven design of technical/organisational systems
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJHFE are to establish an effective channel of communication between industry, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the contributions of human factors and ergonomics knowledge, methods and approaches to product and systems design and development, and to foster improved working conditions and greater well-being. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the challenges of the global economy and the accelerating pace of technological change.Readership
Practitioners and academics working in research and design departments and institutes, ergonomists, physical therapists, occupational physicians, managers, designers, technologists and research and development engineers working in industry.Contents
IJHFE welcomes theoretical advances, applications, case studies, new methodologies and procedures, as well as empirical studies, aiming at promoting the advancement of the understanding of people in relation to technology, systems, work organisation and environments. Special Issues devoted to important topics in human factors and ergonomics will occasionally be published. Suggestions for Special Issues are welcome.
IJHFE is indexed in:
IJHFE is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Coelho, Denis A., University of Beira Interior, Portugal
- De Waard, Dick, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Guimarães, Lia Buarque de Macedo, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Melemez, Kenan, Bartin University, Turkey
- Nunes, Isabel Lopes, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- O'Hare, David P., University of Otago, New Zealand
- Osvalder, Anna Lisa, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Editorial Board Members
- Abrahão, Roberto Funes, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Brazil
- Baldwin, Carryl, George Mason University, USA
- Cañas, José J., University of Granada, Spain
- Göbel, Matthias, Rhodes University, South Africa
- Goonetilleke, Ravindra, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Halpern, Manny, NYU School of Medicine, USA
- Hedge, Alan, Cornell University, USA
- Johannsen, Gunnar, University of Kassel, Germany
- Kweon, O-Seong, Yonsei University, Republic of Korea
- Liston, Paul, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Mont'Alvão, Cláudia, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Nagamachi, Mitsuo, Hiroshima University, Japan
- Parasuraman, Raja, George Mason University, USA
- Parlangeli, Oronzo, Universita degli Studi di Siena, Italy
- Popovic, Vesna, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Ray, Gaur G., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Tan, Kay Chuan, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Terrier, Patrice, University of Toulouse 2, France
- Thatcher, Andrew J., University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Woods, Valerie, UK
- Yule, Steven J., Harvard Medical School, USA
- Zhang, Yijing, State Key Laboratory of Space Medicine Fundamentals and Applications, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.