International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Zhongming Zhao
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJCBDD, an International Society of Intelligent Biological Medicine official journal, bridges the gap between two very important, complementary disciplines, computational biology and drug design. Through advances in high-throughput genome sequencing and digital imaging technologies, biocomputing, drug design and medical research have unfolded new, predictive sciences such as genomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics, cytomics and pharmaconomics. These promote new computational, statistical and biomedical approaches to drug design/development, besides unleashing the potential of significantly more accurate, effective personalised diagnosis, therapeutics and patient care.
Topics covered include
- Biomolecular dynamics, biomolecular/phylogenetic databases
- Protein docking and ligand-receptor interactions
- High-throughput drug screening, drug discovery, drug design
- Biolanguages, interoperability in biodatabases, bioontology and data mining
- Identification/classification of genes, sequence search and alignment
- Protein structure prediction and molecular simulation
- Molecular evolution/phylogeny, functional genomics/proteomics
- Gene expression analysis, microarray technologies
- Bioinformatics engineering, biodata visualisation, biomedical data engineering
- Systems biology, algorithms, modelling/simulation of biosets
- Biomarkers of toxicity
- Cellular signalling/communications, cell engineering, molecular/cellular systems
- Biological systems/models, engineering models in biomedicine
- Monte Carlo simulation and biological modelling
- Body and cell biosignatures, biomarkers
The objectives of IJCBDD are to promote dialogue among researchers from multiple disciplines and the advancement of innovative biotechnology, biological, medical and pharmaceutical sciences. The journal also seeks to establish an effective communication channel between government agencies and academic and research institutions.
The audience of IJCBDD consists of scientists, researchers, medical and pharmaceutical practitioners, academics, graduate students, professionals and engineers working and interested in learning about new trends in computational biology and drug design.
IJCBDD publishes original papers, application papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important research topics and major international conferences in the fields will occasionally be published
IJCBDD is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- BIOSIS (Clarivate Analytics)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJCBDD is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Zhao, Zhongming, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
- Chang, Jeffrey T., University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
- Guo, Yan, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Altman, Russ B., Stanford University, USA
- Athey, Brian D., University of Michigan Medical School, USA
- Bajcsy, Ruzena, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Dunker, A. Keith, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
- Ghafoor, Arif, Purdue University, USA
- Jakobsson, Eric, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Niemierko, Andrzej, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
- Xu, Dong, University of Missouri, USA
- Yang, Jack Y., University of California at San Diego, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ancukiewicz, Marek, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
- Arabnia, Hamid R., University of Georgia, USA
- Bai, Yongsheng, Indiana State University, USA
- Bourbakis, Nikolaos G., Wright State University, USA
- Chan, Chien-Chung, University of Akron, USA
- Chen, Xue-wen, Wayne State University, USA
- Chen, Yu Zong, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Chen, Yuehui, Jinan University, China
- Chen, Zhongxue, Indiana University Bloomington, USA
- Ersoy, Okan K., Purdue University, USA
- Ewing, Rob M., Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Ghosh, Joydeep, University of Texas Austin, USA
- Honavar, Vasant, Iowa State University, USA
- Hu, Xiaohua (Tony), Drexel University, USA
- Jain, Vishal, Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), India
- Jia, Peilin, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
- Korkin, Dmitry, University of Missouri, USA
- Land, Jr., Walker H., Binghamton University, State University of New York, USA
- Li, Guo-Zheng, Tongji University, China
- Liu, Yunlong, Indiana University School of Medicine, USA
- Liu, Zhandong, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
- Luo, Zuojie, Guangxi Medical University, China
- Pal, Ranadip, Texas Tech University, USA
- Pan, Yi, Georgia State University, USA
- Qian, Jiang, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Ramanathan, K., Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- Wan, Jun, Indiana University, USA
- Wang, Haiying, University of Ulster, UK
- Wang, Jason T. L., New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Wang, Lianjiang, Clemson University, USA
- Wang, Yong, University of Connecticut, USA
- Xia, Xuhua, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Xie, Lei, City University of New York, USA
- Zhang, Yanqing, Georgia State University, USA
- Zheng, Huiru (Jane), University of Ulster, UK
- Zheng, W. Jim, University of Texas, USA
- Zhu, Dongxiao, Wayne State University, USA
- Zhu, Michelle M., Southern Illinois University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Automated liver cancer detection
26 October, 2018
The examination of CT scans (computerised tomography scans), which are essentially a type of X-ray image can be used to provide clinicians with a detail view of our internal organs often of the diagnosis of various forms of cancer. The use of CT in liver cancer diagnostics is stymied to some degree by the variations of liver shape and structure between individuals and the similarity of tissues in adjoining organs in the CT image [...]More details...