International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Zhongming Zhao
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 0.4
IJCBDD, an International Society of Intelligent Biological Medicine official journal, bridges the gap between two very important, complementary disciplines, computational biology and drug design. Through advances in high-throughput genome sequencing and digital imaging technologies, biocomputing, drug design and medical research have unfolded new, predictive sciences such as genomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics, cytomics and pharmaconomics. These promote new computational, statistical and biomedical approaches to drug design/development, besides unleashing the potential of significantly more accurate, effective personalised diagnosis, therapeutics and patient care.
Topics covered include
- Big data analysis and tools for biological and medical data
- Drug screening, drug discovery, drug design and re-purposing
- Biomolecular dynamics, biomolecular/phylogenetic databases
- Cellular signalling/communications, cell engineering, molecular/cellular systems
- Computational epigenetics and functional genomics
- Computational approaches in virus omics and drug targets
- Machine learning, deep learning, data mining and knowledge discovery
- Metabolomics, microbiomes and lipidomics
- Modelling, simulation and optimisation of biological systems
- Non-coding RNAs and regulation
- Medical informatics and translational informatics
- Cohort discovery, EHR-based phenotyping, predictive modelling
- Proteomics, structural biology, molecular simulation and evolution
- Single cell sequencing methods and analysis
- Software, tools, databases and web servers for computational biology
The objectives of IJCBDD are to promote dialogue among researchers from multiple disciplines and the advancement of innovative biotechnology, biological, medical and pharmaceutical sciences. The journal also seeks to establish an effective communication channel between government agencies and academic and research institutions.
The audience of IJCBDD consists of scientists, researchers, medical and pharmaceutical practitioners, academics, graduate students, professionals and engineers working and interested in learning about new trends in computational biology and drug design.
IJCBDD publishes original papers, application papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important research topics and major international conferences in the fields will occasionally be published
IJCBDD is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- BIOSIS (Clarivate Analytics)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJCBDD is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Zhao, Zhongming, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
- Xia, Junfeng, Anhui University, China
- Chang, Jeffrey T., University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
- Altman, Russ B., Stanford University, USA
- Athey, Brian D., University of Michigan Medical School, USA
- Bajcsy, Ruzena, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Dunker, A. Keith, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA
- Li, Lang, The Ohio State University, USA
- Niemierko, Andrzej, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
- Xu, Dong, University of Missouri, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ancukiewicz, Marek, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
- Bai, Yongsheng, Indiana State University, USA
- Chen, Yu Zong, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Ewing, Rob M., Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Feng, Hao (Harry), Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Ghosh, Joydeep, University of Texas Austin, USA
- Guo, Yan, University of New Mexico, USA
- Honavar, Vasant, Iowa State University, USA
- Jain, Vishal, Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), India
- Jia, Peilin, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
- Korkin, Dmitry, University of Missouri, USA
- Li, Aimin, Xi’an University of Technology, China
- Liu, Zhandong, Baylor College of Medicine, USA
- Pan, Yi, Georgia State University, USA
- Qian, Jiang, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Ramanathan, K., Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- Shang, Xuequn, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Wan, Jun, Indiana University, USA
- Wei, Lei, Roswell Park Cancer Center, USA
- Xie, Lei, City University of New York, USA
- Zhang, Chi, Indiana University, USA
- Zhang, Yongqing, Chengdu University of Information Technology, China
- Zhao, Qi, Liaoning University, China
- Zhao, Yichuan, Georgia State University, USA
- Zheng, Huiru (Jane), University of Ulster, UK
- Zhu, Michelle M., Montclair State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Find out how an antibiotic acts as an antiviral hitting the COVID-19 virus with a three-pronged attack
9 November, 2021
New research published in the International Journal of Computational Biology and Drug Design describes a novel lipopeptide antibiotic that can inhibit the replication of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which causes COVID-19. The compound, known as Kannurin, interferes with RNA-dependent-RNA polymerase activation and function, the researchers explain. H. Shabeer Ali of the Division of Molecular Parasitology and Immunology at the CSIR-Central Drug Research Institute, in Lucknow, Uttarpradesh, India, and P. Prajosh and K. Sreejith of the Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology at Kannur University, in Kerala, and M. Divya Lakshmanan of the Molecular Biology Division at the Yenepoya Research Centre at Yenepoya (Deemed to be University), in Deralakatte, Mangalore, explain that the key component non-structural protein 12, nsp12, of the coronavirus is a primary target for pharmaceutical intervention in the treatment of COVID-19 [...]More details...