International Journal of Wireless and Mobile Computing
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zhihua Cui
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
The realisation of wireless connectivity is bringing fundamental changes to telecommunications and computing and profoundly affects the way we compute, communicate and interact. It provides fully distributed and ubiquitous mobile computing and communications, thus bringing an end to the tyranny of geography. IJWMC addresses the state-of-the-art of all aspects of wireless communications and mobile computing.
Topics covered include
- Hardware support
- System architectures
- Services and system support
- Algorithm/protocol design and analysis
- Mobile environments
- Wireless communications and networks
- Education and training
- Emerging and non-traditional topics
- Computational modelling
- System-on-a-chip, DSPs, hardware specification, synthesis, modelling, simulation and analysis at all levels for low power, power-aware, testable, reliable, verifiable wireless and mobile systems, network processors, media and signal processors, reconfigurable processors, embedded systems, Bluetooth, handheld devices, etc.
- Mobile networks and hosts, agents and proxies, mobility management, mobile agent and proxy architectures, integrated wired and wireless systems and networks, planning and standardisation, distributed system aspects, etc.
Services and system support
- Mobility and roaming, nomadic computing, quality of service, multimedia, middleware and operating system support, power management and control, system and services for satellites, wireless local loops, wireless LANs, wireless PBX, and PCS/cellular, etc.
Algorithm/protocol design and analysis
- Routing, broadcast and multicast algorithms and protocols, multi-user and multi-access techniques and algorithms, multi-channel processing, multi-user detection, modulation and coding, data coding and compression, detection and estimation, online and mobile environments, limited bandwidth, intermittent connectivity, application of intelligent algorithms, etc.
- Data and knowledge management, performance modelling and characterisation, privacy, security, scalability, authentication, reliability, design, management, operation, systems and technologies, etc.
- Location-dependent and sensitive, nomadic computing, wearable computers and body area networks, multimedia applications and multimedia signal processing, pervasive computing and communications, mobile ad hoc and sensor networks, etc.
Wireless communications and networks
- Wireless, cellular and spread-spectrum systems and networks, broadband wireless communications, network architectures and protocols, diversity techniques and equalisation, propagation and channel characterisation, fading countermeasures, signal separation and interference rejection, adaptive antennas, space-time processing, synchronisation techniques, software radio, resource allocation and interference management, multirate and multicarrier communications, etc.
Education and training
- Courses, textbooks, teaching tools and methods, etc.
Emerging and non-traditional topics
More on this journal...
The objective of IJWMC is to provide a high profile, leading edge international forum for academics, industrial professionals, practitioners, educators and executives working in the field to contribute, to disseminate innovative and important new work on wireless communications and mobile computing, eventually to achieve the ultimate goal of uncompromised connectivity and performance and to meet the challenge of creating fully integrated, seamless, fault-tolerant, and heterogeneous networks composed of fully distributed, energy efficient, and ubiquitous mobile computing platforms.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, managers and industrial professionals.
IJWMC is a refereed international journal that provides an international premier channel to report, discuss and exchange theoretical contributions (including new techniques, concepts, and analyses) and practical contributions (including system experiments and prototypes, and new applications), work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas in the field of wireless communications and mobile computing as well as potential future directions and issues. High calibre tutorial expositions and survey reports of permanent reference value are also welcome. Research papers should be of a quality that represents the latest technical developments of wireless communications and mobile computing in devices, hardware, software, communications, architecture, networks, systems, algorithms, service and applications that support the symbiosis of wireless communications and mobile computing.
IJWMC is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJWMC is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Cui, Zhihua, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Xiao, Renbin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Agrawal, Dharma P., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Das, Chita R., Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Iyengar, S.S., Louisiana State University, USA
- Lin, Jason Yi-Bing, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Omidyar, Guy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Singhal, Mukesh, University of Kentucky, USA
- Zhao, Wei, University of Macau, Macao
- Zomaya, Albert, University of Sydney, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Abrão, Taufik, State University of Londrina (UEL), Brazil
- Boukerche, Azzedine, University of Ottawa, USA
- Cao, Jiannong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chao, Han-Chieh, National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan
- Chen, Tinggui, Zhejiang Gongshang University, Canada
- Douligeris, Christos, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Gupta, Sandeep K S, Arizona State University, USA
- Habib, Ibrahim, City University of New York, USA
- Hassanein, Hossam Saad, Queen's University, Canada
- Ibrahim, Ismail Khalil, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Jaisankar, N., VIT University, India
- Jia, Weijia, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Jia, Xiaohua, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Khan, Bilal Muhammad, University of Sussex, UK
- Li, Gongfa, Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
- Li, Jie, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Li, Yingshu, Georgia State University, USA
- Lin, Man, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
- Lu, Willie, U.S. Center for Wireless Communications (R), USA
- Luo, Hui, Broadcom Corp., USA
- Ma, Jianhua, Hosei University, Japan
- Min, Geyong, University of Bradford, UK
- Mu, Yi, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Notare, Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni, Barddal University, Brazil
- Pan, Yi, Georgia State University, USA
- Simplot-Ryl, David, IRCICA/LIFL, University of Lille 1, France
- Stojmenovic, Ivan, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Takizawa, Makoto, Hosei University, Japan
- Tong, Lang, Cornell University, USA
- Varshney, Upkar, Georgia State University, USA
- Wang, Hui, Nanchang Institute of Technology, China
- Wang, Li-Chun, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Wu, Jie, Temple University, USA
- Xiao, Yang, University of Alabama, USA
- Xue, Fei, Beijing Wuzi University, China
- Yeh, Chi-Hsiang, Queen's University, Canada
- Yeo, Boon Sain, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Zhang, Yaoxue, Tsinghua University, China
- Zhao, Jia, Nanchang Institute of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.