International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Ahmad Taher Azar
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2023 6.3 (5 Year Impact Factor 4.6)
IJIEI addresses a new discipline dedicated to interdisciplinary research on artificial intelligence, cognitive science, intelligent control, machine learning, information technology and chaos theory. Intelligent engineering informatics can be seen as an emerging science supporting engineering management activities using computational intelligence, soft computing and knowledge reasoning techniques. IJIEI highlights new techniques and systems using the cognitive and intelligent paradigms mentioned above. It will therefore particularly highlight intelligence and knowledge as well as engineering applications.
Topics covered include
- Artificial immune systems and swarm intelligence systems
- Autonomous agents, autonomy-oriented computation, multi-agent systems
- Chaos theory and intelligent control systems
- Computational intelligence and soft computing
- Cognitive systems
- Knowledge discovery and ontology engineering
- Evolutionary computation and DNA/cellular/molecular computing
- Fault detection, fault analysis and diagnostics
- Human-computer interaction, virtual reality in engineering applications
- Information storage, security, integrity, privacy and trust
- Machine vision and image processing
- Pattern recognition, speech recognition and synthesis
- Rough sets and granular computing
- Social/engineering intelligence, web intelligence/mining
- Ubiquitous, grid and high performance computing
The main objectives of IJIEI are to foster the discipline of ‘intelligent engineering informatics' and establish an effective discussion platform between academic and research institutions, engineering management agencies, and persons concerned with intelligent informatics and its engineering applications. At the same time, it also aims to promote developments in the fields of intelligent informatics, computational intelligence, soft computing, chaos theory and control systems.
IJIEI provides an effective channel for academics, researchers, engineers and technologists, working in the broad areas of intelligent systems and development-related technologies including robotics, mechatronics, artificial intelligence, computer science, computational intelligence, soft computing, control systems, chaos theory, advanced computing and modelling, as well as their applications in manufacturing, bioengineering, agriculture, horticulture, space and medical fields, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. The readership will have a wide range across the world.
IJIEI publishes original research papers and state-of-the-art review papers which cover new developments, innovations and future trends in the field, as well as new methodologies, techniques and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in intelligent engineering informatics will occasionally be published. Technical notes, briefs and reports are also published to discuss new technical concepts and developments, and new applications of existing techniques.
IJIEI is indexed in:
- accepted in Scopus (Elsevier)
- Web of Science: Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJIEI is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Prince Sultan University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Benha University, Egypt
- Kamal, Nashwa Ahmad, Cairo University, Egypt
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Vaidyanathan, Sundarapandian, Vel Tech University, India
Regional Editor Africa
- Rhif, Ahmed, University of Carthage, Tunisia
Regional Editor Asia
- Oleiwi, Bushra Kadhim, University of Technology, Iraq
Regional Editor Middle East
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
Editorial Board Members
- Awasthi, Anjali, Concordia University, Canada
- Bastan, Mahdi, University of Eyvanekey, Iran
- Ben Abdallah, Mariem, Monastir University, Tunisia
- Çunkaş, Mehmet, Selcuk University, Turkey
- Djemai, Mohamed, University Polytechnic Hauts-de-France, France
- Fouad, Khaked M., Benha University, Egypt
- Gaber, Tarek, Suez Canal University, Egypt
- Galli, Brian, Long Island University, USA
- Gao, Xiao-Zhi, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Garg, Sandeep Kumar, Banaras Hindu University, India
- Hameed, Ibrahim A., Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
- Hannah Inbarani, H., Periyar University, India
- Haqiq, Abdelkrim, Hassan 1st University, Morocco
- Karaköse, Mehmet, Firat University, Turkey
- Karawash, Ahmad, University of Quebec at Chicoutimi, Canada
- Malek, Jihene, Higher Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology Sousse, Tunisia
- Mavrommati, Irene, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Moore, Philip, University College Falmouth, UK
- Munoz-Pacheco, Jesus Manuel, Autonomous University of Puebla, Mexico
- Niazi, Muaz A., COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
- Nizar Banu, P. K., B.S. Abdur Rahman University, India
- Pan, Tianhong, Anhui University, China
- Pham, Viet-Thanh, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- Polat, Kemal, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Turkey
- Raheem, Firas, University of Technology, Iraq
- Ramadan, Rabie A., Hail University, Saudi Arabia
- Rokbani, Nizar, ISSAT - University of Sousse, Tunisia
- Sassi-Hidri, Minyar, National Engineering School of Tunis (ENIT), Tunisia
- Shaikh, Asadullah, Najran University, Saudi Arabia
- Souri, Alireza, Haliç University, Turkey
- Turunen, Esko, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Volos, Christos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Xu, Jin, Behavior Matrix LL, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics indexed by Scopus and celebrates Clarivate impact factor
19 September, 2023
We are pleased to announce that the International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics has been indexed in Elsevier's Scopus database.
Prof. Ahmad Taher Azar, the journal's Editor in Chief, has provided the following statement:
"The indexing of the International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics by Scopus - one of the most prestigious academic databases in the world - represents a significant milestone for our journal, and signifies a major step forward in our mission to disseminate high-quality research to a global audience.
Furthermore, we are delighted to share that IJIEI has achieved an impressive Clarivate impact factor of 6.3. This remarkable recognition underscores the exceptional quality of the research published in our journal and the dedication of our scholarly community.
We would like to express our deepest gratitude to our esteemed Inderscience journal team and board members, whose guidance and expertise have played an instrumental role in shaping the journal's direction. We also extend our heartfelt thanks to our authors, whose insightful contributions have enriched our publication, and to our diligent reviewers for their invaluable support in maintaining our high standards.
This accomplishment is a testament to the collective effort and commitment of our entire community. As we move forward, we remain dedicated to fostering excellence in research and providing a platform for the dissemination of groundbreaking discoveries.
Thank you for your unwavering support and trust in the International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics. We look forward to continuing this remarkable journey together."
New Clarivate Web of Science impact factors for Inderscience journals
6 July, 2023
Clarivate has recently released its latest impact factors, and Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to report that many Inderscience journals have increased their impact factors, including the following titles:
- International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics
- International Journal of Learning and Intellectual Capital
- International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering
- International Journal of Hydrology Science and Technology
- International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Life-Long Learning
- Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing
- International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation
- International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning
The International Journal of Hydromechatronics deserves a special mention for earning an impressive initial impact factor of 5.1.