International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Ahmad Taher Azar
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
IJIEI addresses a new discipline dedicated to interdisciplinary research on artificial intelligence, cognitive science, intelligent control, machine learning, information technology and chaos theory. Intelligent engineering informatics can be seen as an emerging science supporting engineering management activities using computational intelligence, soft computing and knowledge reasoning techniques. IJIEI highlights new techniques and systems using the cognitive and intelligent paradigms mentioned above. It will therefore particularly highlight intelligence and knowledge as well as engineering applications.
Topics covered include
- Artificial immune systems and swarm intelligence systems
- Autonomous agents, autonomy-oriented computation, multi-agent systems
- Chaos theory and intelligent control systems
- Computational intelligence and soft computing
- Cognitive systems
- Knowledge discovery and ontology engineering
- Evolutionary computation and DNA/cellular/molecular computing
- Fault detection, fault analysis and diagnostics
- Human-computer interaction, virtual reality in engineering applications
- Information storage, security, integrity, privacy and trust
- Machine vision and image processing
- Pattern recognition, speech recognition and synthesis
- Rough sets and granular computing
- Social/engineering intelligence, web intelligence/mining
- Ubiquitous, grid and high performance computing
The main objectives of IJIEI are to foster the discipline of ‘intelligent engineering informatics' and establish an effective discussion platform between academic and research institutions, engineering management agencies, and persons concerned with intelligent informatics and its engineering applications. At the same time, it also aims to promote developments in the fields of intelligent informatics, computational intelligence, soft computing, chaos theory and control systems.
IJIEI provides an effective channel for academics, researchers, engineers and technologists, working in the broad areas of intelligent systems and development-related technologies including robotics, mechatronics, artificial intelligence, computer science, computational intelligence, soft computing, control systems, chaos theory, advanced computing and modelling, as well as their applications in manufacturing, bioengineering, agriculture, horticulture, space and medical fields, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. The readership will have a wide range across the world.
IJIEI publishes original research papers and state-of-the-art review papers which cover new developments, innovations and future trends in the field, as well as new methodologies, techniques and case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in intelligent engineering informatics will occasionally be published. Technical notes, briefs and reports are also published to discuss new technical concepts and developments, and new applications of existing techniques.
IJIEI is indexed in:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
IJIEI is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Prince Sultan University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Benha University, Egypt
- Kamal, Nashwa Ahmad, Cairo University, Egypt
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Vaidyanathan, Sundarapandian, Vel Tech University, India
Regional Editor Africa
- Rhif, Ahmed, University of Carthage, Tunisia
Regional Editor Asia
- Dey, Nilanjan, Techno India College of Technology, India
Regional Editor Europe
- Zhu, Quan Min, University of the West of England, UK
Regional Editor Middle East
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
Editorial Board Members
- Awasthi, Anjali, Concordia University, Canada
- Bastan, Mahdi, University of Eyvanekey, Iran
- Ben Abdallah, Mariem, Monastir University, Tunisia
- Çunkaş, Mehmet, Selcuk University, Turkey
- Djemai, Mohamed, University Polytechnic Hauts-de-France, France
- Fouad, Khaked M., Benha University, Egypt
- Gaber, Tarek, Suez Canal University, Egypt
- Galli, Brian, Long Island University, USA
- Gao, Xiao-Zhi, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Garg, Sandeep Kumar, Banaras Hindu University, India
- Hameed, Ibrahim A., Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
- Hannah Inbarani, H., Periyar University, India
- Haqiq, Abdelkrim, Hassan 1st University, Morocco
- Karaköse, Mehmet, Firat University, Turkey
- Karawash, Ahmad, University of Quebec at Chicoutimi, Canada
- Koubaa, Anis, Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia
- Malek, Jihene, Higher Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology Sousse, Tunisia
- Mavrommati, Irene, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Moore, Philip, University College Falmouth, UK
- Munoz-Pacheco, Jesus Manuel, Autonomous University of Puebla, Mexico
- Niazi, Muaz A., COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Pakistan
- Nizar Banu, P. K., B.S. Abdur Rahman University, India
- Pan, Tianhong, Anhui University, China
- Pham, Viet-Thanh, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Vietnam
- Polat, Kemal, Abant Izzet Baysal University, Turkey
- Raheem, Firas, University of Technology, Iraq
- Ramadan, Rabie A., Hail University, Saudi Arabia
- Rokbani, Nizar, ISSAT - University of Sousse, Tunisia
- Sassi-Hidri, Minyar, National Engineering School of Tunis (ENIT), Tunisia
- Shaikh, Asadullah, Najran University, Saudi Arabia
- Souri, Alireza, Islamic Azad University, Iran
- Turunen, Esko, Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- Volos, Christos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Xu, Jin, Behavior Matrix LL, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Where have all the flowers gone?
26 November, 2020
There are numerous software applications, apps, that can identify birds, trees, flowers, and other living things all with varying degrees of accuracy. New research published in the International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics offers a new approach to flower identification [...]More details...