International Journal of Business Governance and Ethics
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Stuart Farquhar
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.1
As the world becomes increasingly dominated by interconnected corporations alongside increasing demands for transparency and accountability, business governance is no longer just about running companies and organisations efficiently, but about managing wider responsibilities. Company directors need to move beyond governance concerns that deal with their functional responsibilities towards understanding how their personal values and actions affect the organisations they lead, and how in turn these affect local and global communities. IJBGE provides a professional forum to address these issues.
Topics covered include
- Philosophies, theories, governance structures
- Composition, tasks, behaviours, effectiveness of Boards
- Selection, remuneration, motivation of Boards/Executives
- Legal/statutory requirements of Boards
- Values, actions, behaviours of business leaders
- Strategies for effective stakeholder governance
- Stakeholder accounting/measurement of business actions
- Ethics of business actions, values/assumptions of business
- Social/societal implications of corporate wealth, power, domination
- Reconciling employee/business/community rights
- Government-business relationships and public accountability
- Challenge of ownership and responsibility
IJBGE aims to critically explore business and managerial strategies, actions, responsibilities and accountabilities for survival in a highly transparent and dynamic global world.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers .
IJBGE publishes high quality papers from a wide variety of disciplinary orientations on the general subject of business governance and ethics. The journal style and dialogue will be inclusive and attempt to involve all those who are interested in issues of business governance and ethics: business leaders, managers, employees, stockholders, business regulators (government agencies, national and international), consumer groups, and academics.
The journal will publish theoretical (literature review based), empirical (work surveys and case studies) and critically reflective work (thought-leadership commentaries) describing and developing pertinent insights into the broad subject matter. The style will be, as far as possible, free from specialist jargon.
IJBGE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- Business Economics and Theory Collection (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJBGE is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Ahmed, Pervaiz K., Monash University Malaysia, Malaysia
Editor in Chief
- Farquhar, Stuart, University of Northampton, UK
- Bart, Christopher K., The Not-For-Profit Governance Institute, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Bezemer, Pieter-Jan, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Birch, David, Deakin University, Australia
- Birindelli, Giuliana, The Gabriele d'Annunzio University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy
- Callaghan, John, University of Salford, UK
- Clarke, Thomas, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Cowton, Christopher J., Huddersfield University, UK
- De Bettignies, Henri C., INSEAD, France
- Edgeman, Rick L., Aarhus University, Denmark
- Hinna, Alessandro, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy
- Ingley, Coral, AUT University, New Zealand
- Kakabadse, Nada K., University of Reading, UK
- Kowalski, Tadeusz, The Poznan University of Economics, Poland
- Leblanc, Richard, York University, Canada
- Massoud, Hiba, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- Morais, Filipe M.A., Henley Business School, UK
- Perez, Eloisa, MacEwan University, Canada
- Pierce, Chris, University of Lincoln, UK
- Smallman, Clive, Lincoln University, New Zealand
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.