International Journal of Services and Standards
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Kai S. Koong
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSS presents current practice, models, and theory in both services and standards development, design, management, implementation, and applications. Its objectives are to develop, promote and coordinate the development and practice in services and standards.
Topics covered include
- Major role of standardisation in the IT industry
- Standardisation of/for services
- Service learning standards/research
- Quality services, information quality standards
- Service standards/warranty/guarantees
- Trading standards, service standards initiatives
- P3P and privacy, W3C and standards, computer standards/interfaces
- Strategy for client-sensitive service standards
- IT and service standards management/management standards
- E-procurement, supply chain management
- Service process/standards models, ISO and service standards
- Service standards: where do we go from here?
- Standardisation in e-learning/e-business/e-government
- Accounting standards, service standards for global markets
- Technical, cultural, social and political issues
IJSS aims to help professionals working in the field of service and standards, academic educators and policy makers to contribute, to disseminate knowledge, and to learn from each other|s work in the area. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
We strongly believe that the area of services and standards is a very dynamic field of study and has real practical implications to the real world. IJSS is an outstanding outlet where services and standards research can take a shape of its own and results can be shared across institutions, governments, researchers and students, as well as industry.
- Up-to-date, leading edge research to keep you ahead and maintain a competitive edge in best practice in service standards
- Practical guidance on ways to achieve great effectiveness and efficiency in service standards development and implementation
- In-depth analysis and interpretation to advance our understanding and provide a framework for further study of service standards
- International coverage, which allows us to share information and knowledge and insight on a worldwide scale.
Professionals, academics, researchers, managers, policy makers, and non-profit organisations.
IJSS publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
- High quality papers to keep you at the forefront of the latest thinking and research in service standards.
- Case studies and practical applications to illustrate service standards design, development, management and implementation.
IJSS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Koong, Kai S., Xidian University, China
- Liu, Lai C., University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Mashari, Majed, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Bai, Shuming, University of Texas of the Permian Basin, USA
- Barnes, Stuart J., King's College London, UK
- Chansa-ngavej, Chuvej, SIU International University, Thailand
- Chen, Jengchung V., National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Ding, Ning, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China
- Dolinsek, Slavko, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Essounga-Njan, Yvette, Virginia State University, USA
- Eyob, Ephrem, Virginia State University, USA
- Famiyeh, Samuel, Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration, Ghana
- Flavian, Carlos, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Gurski, Mike, Information and Privacy Comissioner/Ontario, Canada
- Hammami, Helmi, Rennes School of Business, France
- Hilmola, Olli-Pekka, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Hou, Jiang-Liang, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Hughes, Martin, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Irani, Zahir, Brunel University, UK
- Kess, Pekka, University of Oulu, Finland
- Kung, Jui-Chang, Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan
- Lee, Heejin, Yonsei University Graduate, South Korea
- Lee-Kelley, Liz, Cranfield University, UK
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Liu, Chunhui, Southern University of Science and Technology, China
- Love, Peter E.D., Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Migdadi, Yazan Khalid Abed-Allah, Yarmouk University, Jordan
- Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos, University of Manchester, UK
- O'Farrell, Grace, University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Ordóñez de Pablos, Patricia, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- Owens, Thomas J., Brunel University, UK
- Pastuszak, Zbigniew, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Persic, Milena, University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Phusavat, Kongkiti, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Prybutok, Victor R., University of North Texas, USA
- Punpugdee, Nuttapon, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Qin, Hong, University of Texas - Rio Grande Valley, USA
- Rao, Mohan, Texas A & M University - Corpus Christi, USA
- Savolainen, Taina, University of Joensuu, Finland
- Schneider, Helmut, Louisiana State University, USA
- Seng, Jia-Lang, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- Smith, Alan D., Robert Morris University, USA
- Trimi, Silvana, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, USA
- Türkyilmaz, Ali, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
- Turowski, Klaus, University of Augsburg, Germany
- Vokurka, Robert J., Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, USA
- Wang, Richard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Wen, Haoyu, Xidian University, China
- Wilson, E. Vance, Arizona State University, USA
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
- Ying, Ting Ting, Ningbo University of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.