- Strategic management and business strategy
- Competitive environment, entrepreneurship
- Innovations and innovation processes
- Business environment dynamics, organisational learning, change management.
- Operations management
- Management information systems, knowledge management
- Marketing and buyer behaviour
- International business and management, strategic alliances
- Corporate finance
- Business economics
- Human resources practices and organisational strategies
- E-business, e-commerce, m-commerce
- Technological, social, political, regulatory and legal environment
- Ethical and environmental issues
- New/advanced methods/methodologies for business research
More on this journal...
IJBE addresses managerial issues in the social, political, economic, competitive, and technological environments of business. The objectives of research are:
- the relationship between environment and organisational processes, business practices, strategic posture, and organisational performance;
- some strategic patterns and corresponding environmental settings among a broadly defined cross-section of business;
- the alignment of the environmental change, strategic adaptive response, and the profile of the managers selected to implement the strategic adaptive response.
Academics and researchers; management consultants and professionals concerned with business environment; chief executive officers, managing directors, managers and practitioners in all kinds of businesses.Contents
IJBE publishes original and practical contributions. These can be quantitative or qualitative, surveys, reviews or cases studies, or research notes up-to-date with current research in the field. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Business Environment will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJBE is indexed in:
IJBE is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Martínez-López, Francisco J., University of Granada and Open University of Catalonia, Spain
- Choi, Chan, Rutgers University, USA
- Gázquez-Abad, Juan Carlos, University of Almería, Spain
- Singh, Nitish, Saint Louis University, USA
- Babin, Barry J., Louisiana Tech University, USA
- Di Benedetto, Anthony, Temple University, USA
- Freeman, R. Edward, University of Virginia, USA
- Iacobucci, Dawn, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Sibley, Edgar H., George Mason University, USA
- Straub, Detmar W., Georgia State University, USA
- Varadarajan, Rajan, Texas A&M University, USA
- Vargo, Stephen L., University of Hawai'i at Manoa, USA
- Zwass, Vladimir, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Breitsohl, Jan, Bangor University , UK
- Camillus, John C., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Chen, Jihui, Illinois State University, USA
- Dobson, Stephen, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Englis, Paula, University of Twente, The Netherlands and Berry College, USA
- Fernandes, Kiran Jude, University of York, UK
- Fynes, Brian, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Hadjikhani, Amjad, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Ivang, Reimer, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Laroche, Michel, Concordia University, Canada
- Lee, Nick, Aston University, UK
- Lloréns Montes, Francisco Javier, University of Granada, Spain
- Mukhtar, Muriati, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Nadim, Abbas, University of New Haven, USA
- Oliveira, Tiago, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Palmer, Daniel E., Kent State University, USA
- Pattinson, Hugh, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Penz, Elfriede, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Prieger, James, Pepperdine University , USA
- Ruël, Huub J.M., Windesheim University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Schaltegger, Stefan, Leuphana University of Lueneburg, Germany
- Schwartz, David G., Bar-Ilan University, Israel
- Sinkovics, Rudolf R., The University of Manchester, UK
- Stiakakis, Emmanouil, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Suzuki, Masachika, International University of Japan, Japan
- Swain, Deborah E., North Carolina Central University, USA
- Tegarden, Linda F., Virginia Polytechnic and State University (Virginia Tech), USA
- Verdu, Antonio J., Miguel Hernández Universitas, Spain
- Walczak, Steven, University of South Florida , USA
- Williams, David E., University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Wirtz, Bernd W., German University of Administrative Sciences, Germany
- Xiao, Sophie (Bo), University of Hawai'i at Manoa , USA
- Zhang, Xi, Tianjin University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.