International Journal of Business Environment
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Marco Opazo Basáez
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- Clarivate Analytics 2022 JCI 0.28
- CiteScore 1.9 (2021)
Environmental dynamism is a widely-explored construct in organisation theory/strategic management literature. It has growing importance according to the degree of instability/turbulence of such key operating concerns as market/industry conditions as well as more general technological, economic, social, political forces. An organisation's ability to adapt to changing environmental circumstances is key to survival. IJBE examines how firms behave under different types of environment and the external influences on businesses. It addresses a wide variety of business decisions/processes/activities within the business environment.
Topics covered include
- Strategic management and business strategy
- Competitive environment, entrepreneurship
- Innovations and innovation processes
- Business environment dynamics, organisational learning, change management.
- Operations management
- Management information systems, knowledge management
- Marketing and buyer behaviour
- International business and management, strategic alliances
- Corporate finance
- Business economics
- Human resources practices and organisational strategies
- E-business, e-commerce, m-commerce
- Technological, social, political, regulatory and legal environment
- Ethical and environmental issues
- New/advanced methods/methodologies for business research
IJBE addresses managerial issues in the social, political, economic, competitive, and technological environments of business. The objectives of research are:
- the relationship between environment and organisational processes, business practices, strategic posture, and organisational performance;
- some strategic patterns and corresponding environmental settings among a broadly defined cross-section of business;
- the alignment of the environmental change, strategic adaptive response, and the profile of the managers selected to implement the strategic adaptive response.
Academics and researchers; management consultants and professionals concerned with business environment; chief executive officers, managing directors, managers and practitioners in all kinds of businesses.
IJBE publishes original and practical contributions. These can be quantitative or qualitative, surveys, reviews or cases studies, or research notes up-to-date with current research in the field. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Business Environment will occasionally be published.
IJBE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJBE is listed in:
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Basáez, Marco Opazo, University of Deusto , Spain
- Vendrell-Herrero, Ferran, University of Birmingham, UK
- Bustinza, Óscar F., University of Granada, Spain
- Choi, Chan, Rutgers University, USA
- Gázquez-Abad, Juan Carlos, University of Almería, Spain
- Walczak, Steven, University of South Florida, USA
- Babin, Barry J., Louisiana Tech University, USA
- Brammer, Stephen, Macquarie University, Australia
- Freeman, R. Edward, University of Virginia, USA
- Iacobucci, Dawn, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Ng, Irene C.L., University of Warwick, UK
- Sibley, Edgar H., George Mason University, USA
- Straub, Detmar W., Georgia State University, USA
- Varadarajan, Rajan, Texas A&M University, USA
- Vargo, Stephen L., University of Hawai'i at Manoa, USA
- Zwass, Vladimir, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Breitsohl, Jan, Bangor University , UK
- Camillus, John C., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Chen, Jihui, Illinois State University, USA
- Corsi, Christian, University of Teramo, Italy
- Englis, Paula, University of Twente, The Netherlands and Berry College, USA
- Fernandes, Kiran Jude, University of York, UK
- Gomes, Emanuel, NOVA University, Portugal
- Hadjikhani, Amjad, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Ivang, Reimer, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Kohtamäki, Marko, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Laroche, Michel, Concordia University, Canada
- Lee, Nick, Aston University, UK
- Lloréns Montes, Francisco Javier, University of Granada, Spain
- Mukhtar, Muriati, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Nadim, Abbas, University of New Haven, USA
- Palmer, Daniel E., Kent State University, USA
- Penz, Elfriede, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria
- Ruël, Huub J.M., Hotelschool The Hague; University of Twente, Netherlands
- Schaltegger, Stefan, Leuphana University of Lueneburg, Germany
- Sinkovics, Rudolf R., University of Glasgow, United Kingdom and LUT University, Finland
- Stiakakis, Emmanouil, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Suzuki, Masachika, International University of Japan, Japan
- Swain, Deborah E., North Carolina Central University, USA
- Tegarden, Linda F., Virginia Polytechnic and State University (Virginia Tech), USA
- Verdu, Antonio J., Miguel Hernández Universitas, Spain
- Williams, David E., University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Wirtz, Bernd W., German University of Administrative Sciences, Germany
- Xiao, Sophie (Bo), University of Hawai'i at Manoa , USA
- Zhang, Xi, Tianjin University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.