International Journal of Reasoning-based Intelligent Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Jair Minoro Abe
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.5 (2022)
IJRIS is an interdisciplinary forum that publishes original and significant work related to intelligent systems based on all kinds of formal and informal reasoning. Intelligent systems imply any systems that can do systematised reasoning, including automated and heuristic reasoning.
Topics covered include
- Classical reasoning
- Non-classical reasoning
- Informal logics and their systematisation and applications
- Logical reasoning systems
- Theoretical foundations of intelligent information systems
- Intelligent techniques for natural language processing
The objectives of IJRIS are to provide an interdisciplinary forum for computer scientists, knowledge engineers, logicians and linguists widely concerned with reasoning based intelligent systems, and to uncover hidden logics that have not yet been systematized but are applicable to intelligent systems.
IJRIS provides a platform to help academics, researchers, engineers and students who are concerned with the fields of artificial intelligence, intelligent engineering, logic and linguistics, to disseminate their academic ideas and to learn from each other's work.
IJRIS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, conference reports and book reviews. Special issues devoted to important topics in Intelligent Systems will occasionally be published.
IJRIS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJRIS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Da Costa, Newton Carneiro Affonso, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
Editor in Chief
- Abe, Jair Minoro, Paulista University, Brazil
- Nakamatsu, Kazumi, IRNet International Academic Communication Center and Hokkaido Hair Dressing and Beauty Welfare Association, Japan
- Aharari, Ari, Sojo University, Japan
- Favorskaya, Margarita N., Reshetnev Siberian State University of Science and Technology, Russian Federation
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Akama, Seiki, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Antoniou, Grigoris, University of Crete, Greece
- Dougherty, Patrick Thomas, Akita International University, Japan
- Dubois, Daniel M., University of Liege, Belgium
- Hirokawa, Sachio, Kyushu University, Japan
- Meyer, John-Jules Charles, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Ohlbach, Hans Jürgen, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München, Germany
- Pereira, Luís Moniz, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Tiugashev, Andrei, Samara State Transport University, Russian Federation
Editorial Board Members
- Abe, Akinori, Chiba University, Japan
- Al-Aubidy, Kasim Mousa Alwan, Philadelphia University, Jordan
- Al-Janabi, Sufyan T. Faraj, University of Anbar, Iraq
- Arnaudov, Rumen, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Balas, Valentina E., Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania
- Bellatreche, Ladjel, École Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et d'Aérotechnique, France
- Burdescu, Dumitru Dan, University of Craiova, Romania
- Cerrito, Patricia B., University of Louisville, USA
- Chung, Sheng-Luen, National Taiwan University of Science & Technology, Taiwan, Province of China
- Corchado, Emilio, University of Salamanca, Spain
- Doherty, Patrick, Linkoping University, Sweden
- Fulcher, John Alan, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Gabbar, Hossam A., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
- Inuiguchi, Masahiro, Osaka University, Japan
- Itho, Yukihiro, Shizuoka University, Japan
- Koeppen, Mario, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kondo, Michiro, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
- Kountchev, Roumen Kirilov, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Loffredo D'Ottaviano, Itala Maria, University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil
- Loia, Vincenzo, University of Salerno, Italy
- Masuli, Francesco, University of Genova, Italy
- Milovanovic, Bratislav D., University of Nis , Serbia
- Mita, Yoshio, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Mitrovski, Cvetko D., University 'St. Kliment Ohridski' , North Macedonia
- Mizuno, Tadanori, Aichi Institute of Technology , Japan
- Murai, Tetsuya, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Nicolae, Paraschiv, Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiesti, Romania
- Omrani, Mabrouk, University of Boumerdes, Algeria
- Patnaik, Srikanta, Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Phillips-Wren, Gloria, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Sakai, Hiroshi, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
- Tanaka, Takushi, Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Japan
- Velásquez, Juan D., University of Chile, Chile
- Verbrugge, Laurina Christina, Gronningen University, Netherlands
- Watanabe, Takashi, Osaka University, Japan
- Yildirim, Tulay, Yildiz Technical University, Turkey
- Yuksel, Mehmet Emin, Erciyes University, Turkey
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Put another record on...
24 April, 2023
With so much choice available online, music fans the world over often face a dilemma in terms of choosing what music to listen to for a given mood. The issue existed when one had a limited collection of "vinyl" to choose from but was perhaps not quite as acute given the potential for anyone of us with an internet connection to be able to listen to almost any available piece of music recorded music with the simple tap of an icon. Music recommendations systems have been around for many years, almost as long as music downloads and streaming have been available to Internet users. Some work better than others, often simply recommending other artists in a genre. Research in the International Journal of Reasoning-based Intelligent Systems has taken a new approach and use multi-label tags associated with different songs to personalise your playlist based on the emotional content of the songs available [...]More details...