International Journal of Reasoning-based Intelligent Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Jair Minoro Abe
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJRIS is an interdisciplinary forum that publishes original and significant work related to intelligent systems based on all kinds of formal and informal reasoning. Intelligent systems imply any systems that can do systematised reasoning, including automated and heuristic reasoning.
Topics covered include
- Classical reasoning
- Non-classical reasoning
- Informal logics and their systematisation and applications
- Logical reasoning systems
- Theoretical foundations of intelligent information systems
- Intelligent techniques for natural language processing
The objectives of IJRIS are to provide an interdisciplinary forum for computer scientists, knowledge engineers, logicians and linguists widely concerned with reasoning based intelligent systems, and to uncover hidden logics that have not yet been systematized but are applicable to intelligent systems.
IJRIS provides a platform to help academics, researchers, engineers and students who are concerned with the fields of artificial intelligence, intelligent engineering, logic and linguistics, to disseminate their academic ideas and to learn from each other's work.
IJRIS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, conference reports and book reviews. Special issues devoted to important topics in Intelligent Systems will occasionally be published.
IJRIS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJRIS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Da Costa, Newton Carneiro Affonso, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Jain, Lakhmi C., University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Editor in Chief
- Abe, Jair Minoro, Paulista University, Brazil
- Nakamatsu, Kazumi, IRNet International Academic Communication Center and Hokkaido Hair Dressing and Beauty Welfare Association, Japan
- Aharari, Ari, Sojo University, Japan
- Favorskaya, Margarita N., Reshetnev Siberian State University of Science and Technology, Russian Federation
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Akama, Seiki, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Antoniou, Grigoris, University of Crete, Greece
- Dougherty, Patrick Thomas, Akita International University, Japan
- Dubois, Daniel M., University of Liege, Belgium
- Hirokawa, Sachio, Kyushu University, Japan
- Meyer, John-Jules Charles, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Ohlbach, Hans Jürgen, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München, Germany
- Pereira, Luís Moniz, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Tiugashev, Andrei, Samara State Transport University, Russian Federation
Editorial Board Members
- Abe, Akinori, Chiba University, Japan
- Al-Aubidy, Kasim Mousa Alwan, Philadelphia University, Jordan
- Al-Janabi, Sufyan T. Faraj, University of Anbar, Iraq
- Arnaudov, Rumen, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Balas, Valentina E., Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania
- Bellatreche, Ladjel, École Nationale Supérieure de Mécanique et d'Aérotechnique, France
- Burdescu, Dumitru Dan, University of Craiova, Romania
- Cerrito, Patricia B., University of Louisville, USA
- Chung, Sheng-Luen, National Taiwan University of Science & Technology, Taiwan
- Corchado, Emilio, University of Salamanca, Spain
- Doherty, Patrick, Linkoping University, Sweden
- Fulcher, John Alan, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Gabbar, Hossam A., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
- Inuiguchi, Masahiro, Osaka University, Japan
- Itho, Yukihiro, Shizuoka University, Japan
- Koeppen, Mario, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kondo, Michiro, Tokyo Denki University, Japan
- Kountchev, Roumen Kirilov, Technical University of Sofia, Bulgaria
- Loffredo D'Ottaviano, Itala Maria, University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil
- Loia, Vincenzo, University of Salerno, Italy
- Masuli, Francesco, University of Genova, Italy
- Milovanovic, Bratislav D., University of Nis, Serbia
- Mita, Yoshio, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Mitrovski, Cvetko D., University 'St. Kliment Ohridski', Macedonia, F.Y.R.
- Mizuno, Tadanori, Aichi Institute of Technology, Japan
- Murai, Tetsuya, Hokkaido University, Japan
- Nicolae, Paraschiv, Petroleum-Gas University of Ploiesti, Romania
- Omrani, Mabrouk, University of Boumerdes, Algeria
- Patnaik, Srikanta, SOA University and Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Phillips-Wren, Gloria, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Sakai, Hiroshi, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Japan
- Tanaka, Takushi, Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Japan
- Velásquez, Juan D., University of Chile, Chile
- Verbrugge, Laurina Christina, Gronningen University, Netherlands
- Watanabe, Takashi, Osaka University, Japan
- Yildirim, Tuley, Yildiz Technical University, Turkey
- Yuksel, Mehmet Emin, Erciyes University, Turkey
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Clustering peers to boost P2P networks
12 November, 2019
The concept of peer-to-peer (P2P) networking came to the fore as part of the movement that led to the freeing up of digital information although it gained considerable notoriety when it was hijacked for the purposes of illicit and illegal file sharing. However, it remains an important concept in distributing upload and download bandwidth among users with large files to distribute and P2p networking is used by many different tools with perfectly legitimate applications. Writing in the International Journal of Reasoning-based Intelligent Systems, a team from India points out that for efficient use of a P2P network it is best if users that are a short hop from each other in terms of internet connectivity are clustered together [...]More details...
New Editor for International Journal of Reasoning-based Intelligent Systems
11 October, 2019
Prof. Jair Minoro Abe from Paulista University in Brazil has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Reasoning-based Intelligent Systems.