International Journal of Digital Culture and Electronic Tourism
- Editor in Chief
- Assistant Prof. Rosa Lombardi
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Sports and other entertainment-sector firms play important roles in the digitalisation challenge created by the knowledge economy. This challenge requires paradigm shifts in ways companies operate. Current technological/quantitative approaches to information technology are insufficient for a deeper understanding of its implications, which requires a more profound qualitative/social analysis of electronic technologies' impact on the entertainment business. IJDCET fills this gap, fostering dialogue about how culture and tourism require an integrated approach emphasising content, context and multiple, dynamic views of interactions.
Topics covered include
- Accounting, finance, organisation, management and corporate governance (cultural, entertainment and sport industries, digital companies, etc.)
- Intellectual capital, intangible assets in sport, cultural and entertainment sectors
- Corporate strategy, digital business models and decision making processes
- Corporate disclosure and digital culture
- CSR, business ethics and digital society
- Management control systems in cultural, entertainment and sport industries
- Measurement performance system (digital companies, traditional companies, comparisons, etc.)
- Business (e)valuation, business evaluation (digital companies, traditional companies, comparisons, etc.)
- Business networks (in web companies; cultural, entertainment and sport industries; comparing web vs. traditional companies, etc.)
- Sport, entertainment and cultural industries, sport law
- Intellectual property rights, e-branding, innovations
- ICTs in cultural institutions and tourism companies
- Cultural heritage, digital culture and e-tourism
- E-book and digital libraries, e-entertainment and info-cultural-tainment
- Networks, social network analysis and social media
The main aims of IJDCET are to:
- illustrate the impact of digital technologies on enhancing the cultural and/or tourist experience, due to the digital evolution of consumer culture.
- outline business opportunities and new business models of digital technology adoption for organisations, focusing on cultural institutions (e.g. museums, schools, universities, libraries, churches, television, print media) and tourist companies (e.g. accommodation companies, travel agencies, tour operators, transport companies).
Academics, researchers, business consultants, business engineers, cultural institutions managers, tourist companies managers. Online libraries supplying students, academics and researchers.
IJDCET publishes original research papers, literature reviews, conceptual papers, reports, case studies, book reviews and practitioner observations about innovative ideas, providing significant results and reviews regarding the topics of the journal. Short communications will also be considered, and should be marked as such when submitting. Special Issues devoted to important topics will be published occasionally.
IJDCET is indexed in:More indexes...
IJDCET is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Lombardi, Rosa, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Mancini, Daniela, Parthenope University, Italy
- Matera, Pierluigi, Link Campus University, Italy
- Comuzzi, Eugenio, University of Udine, Italy
- Dumay, John, Macquarie University, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Aureli, Selena, University of Bologna, Italy
- Bechter, Clemens, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Belyaeva, Zhanna S., Ural Federal University, Russian Federation
- Caputo, Andrea, University of Lincoln, UK
- Cardoni, Andrea, University of Perugia, Italy
- De Cantis, Stefano, University of Palermo, Italy
- Dominici, Gandolfo, Business Systems Laboratory and University of Palermo, Italy
- Egger, Roman, Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, Austria
- Ersoy, Nezihe Figen, Anadolou University, Turkey
- Gretzel, Ulrike, University of Queensland, Australia
- Hua, Jing, Wayne State University, USA
- Inversini, Alessandro, Bournemouth University, UK
- Koskimaa, Raine, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Kumar, Ashish, Aalto University, Finland
- Lueg, Christopher, University of Tasmania, Australia
- Mendes-Filho, Luiz, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
- Mocciaro Li Destri, Arabella, University of Palermo, Italy
- Mohd. Noor, Faridah Noor, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Murphy, Fiona, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Pérez, Albert Pol Miró, University of Vic, Spain
- Rebman Jr., Carl M., The University of San Diego, USA
- Shams, Riad, Ural Federal University, Russian Federation
- Siggia, Dario, European Parliament, Belgium
- Stokes, Peter, De Montfort University, UK
- Tavana, Madjid, La Salle University, USA
- Vallejo-Martos, Manuel Carlos, University of Jaén, Spain
- Vrontis, Demetris, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Wang, Dan, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Ward, Janet, Hanken School of Economics, Finland
- Weber, Yaakov, College of Management, Israel
- Zarone, Vincenzo, University of Pisa, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.