International Journal of Education Economics and Development
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Mak B. Arvin
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJEED primarily publishes papers promoting advancement of education economics at all levels. It fills the gap in our understanding of the links between education and the development of individuals, societies and economies. IJEED is particularly interested in international comparisons and detailed studies of educational institutions and outcomes in developing economies. The latter is what distinguishes the journal from other journals whose focus is education economics more generally. Theoretical and empirical analyses at both micro and macro levels receive equal attention.
Topics covered include
- Formal and informal education/training; role of voluntary organisations
- Economic education and teaching of economics
- Higher education: responsiveness to demands of society
- Supply of education; education quality, measurement and issues
- Teacher/instructor training and quality; dealing with bullying at schools
- Access to education; education costs; public vs. private financing
- Private school/higher education: private entrepreneurship's role
- Enrolment/drop-out rates, completion rates, and gender imbalance
- Returns to education and labour market outcomes
- Apprenticeships, training, skills upgrading; implementation, outcomes
- Regional, rural/urban, and ethnic disparities in provision of education
- Incentives, education delivery and outcomes
- Education, health and happiness
- International flows of human capital and brain drain
- Any other relevant topic
The objectives of IJEED are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex problems of education economics. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of education economics.
IJEED provides a vehicle to help professionals, academia, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of educational policy and development, disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJEED publishes original papers, review papers, research notes/commentaries, case studies, technical reports, conference reports, book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in education economics, educational management and development will occasionally be published.
IJEED is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Research into Higher Education Abstracts
IJEED is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Arvin, Mak B., Trent University, Canada
- Asongu, Simplice, African Governance and Development Institute, Cameroon
- Brinia, Vasiliki, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Dabir-Alai, Parviz, Richmond American International University in London (RAIUL), UK
Editorial Board Members
- Benarroch, Michael, University of Manitoba, Canada
- Bennett, Sara E., Lynchburg College, USA
- Briguglio, Marie, University of Malta, Malta
- Demiray, Ugur, Anadolu University, Turkey
- Gan, Christopher E.C., Lincoln University, New Zealand
- Kayani, Zafar, Trent University, Canada
- Lahiri, Sajal, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
- Lew, Byron, Trent University, Canada
- Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, Georg-August Universitaet Goettingen and Universidad Jaume I, Germany
- Nair, Mahendhiran Sanggaran, Monash University, Malaysia
- Pradhan, Rudra P., Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Rowlands, Dane, Carleton University, Canada
- Saccone, Donatella, Università degli Studi di Scienze Gastronomiche, Italy
- Sav, G. Thomas, Wright State University, USA
- Strydom, Albert J., Central University of Technology, Free State, South Africa
- Trinugroho, Irwan, Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS), Indonesia
- Zarin, Milad, University of Neuchâtel, Switzerland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.