International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Kuan-Ching Li
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.3 (2019)
Computational science and engineering is an emerging and promising discipline in shaping future research and development activities in academia and industry, in fields ranging from engineering, science, finance, and economics, to arts and humanities. New challenges arise in the modelling of complex systems, sophisticated algorithms, advanced scientific and engineering computing and associated (multidisciplinary) problem-solving environments. IJCSE addresses the state of the art of all aspects of computational science and engineering, highlighting computational methods and techniques for science and engineering applications.
Topics covered include
- Scientific and engineering computing, related/interdisciplinary applications
- Problem-solving environments, complex systems
- Advanced numerical computation and optimisation
- Parallel and distributed computing
- Programming models in GPU, multi/m any-core and cloud
- Quantum computing technologies and applications
- Distributed/federated information; knowledge management/discovery
- Cyber security and cryptography
- Origami Engineering
- Performance modelling, evaluation and optimisation
- Modelling/simulation, visualisation
- Remote sensing and multi/hyperspectral imaging
- Big data mining/applications, data analytics algorithms/applications
- Machine learning, statistics, deep learning and artificial intelligence
The objective of IJCSE is to provide an outstanding channel for researchers and scientists from mathematics and computer science as basic computing disciplines, researchers from various application areas who are pioneering advanced application of computational methods to sciences, engineering, arts and humanities fields, along with software developers and vendors, to contribute and to disseminate innovative and important new work, and to shape future directions for research, as well as to help industrial professionals apply various advanced computational techniques.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, programmers, industrial professionals and managers.
IJCSE is a refereed international journal providing an international forum to report, discuss and exchange experimental results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas in the area of computational science and engineering. Papers should be of a quality that represents the state of the art in the field, bringing together the latest computing advances for scientific and engineering research, applications, and education, and stimulating future trends.
IJCSE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJCSE is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Li, Kuan-Ching, Providence University, Taiwan
- Chen, Xiaofeng, Xidian University, China
- Bhalla, Subhash, University of Aizu, Japan
- Cheung, Yiu-Ming, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- De Mello, Rodrigo Fernandes, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Di Martino, Beniamino, Unversità della Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli", Italy
- Gupta, Brij B., National Institute of Technology Kurukshetra, India
- Liang, Wei, Hunan University, China
- Meng, Weizhi, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Pathan, Al-Sakib Khan, Southeast University, Bangladesh
- Agrawal, Dharma P., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Bader, David A., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Bailey, David H., Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
- Bertino, Elisa, Purdue University, USA
- Cao, Jiannong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chang, Chein-I, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA
- Chapman, Barbara, Stony Brook University, USA
- Dongarra, Jack, University of Tennessee Knoxville, USA
- Gaudiot, Jean-Luc, University of California – Irvine, USA
- Gropp, William D., University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Guo, Minyi, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Jin, Hai, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Keyes, David, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
- Li, Keqin, State University of New York at New Paltz, USA
- Ling, Nam, Santa Clara University, USA
- Pan, Yi, Georgia State University, USA
- Pardalos, Panos M., University of Florida, USA
- Pedrycz, Witold, University of Alberta, Canada
- Zomaya, Albert, University of Sydney, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Benkner, Siegfried, University of Vienna, Austria
- Bhuiyan, Md Zakirul Alam, Fordham University, USA
- Castiglione, Aniello, University of Salerno, Italy
- Chandrasekaran, Sunita, University of Delaware, USA
- Chen, Jinjun, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- D'Angelo, Gianni, University of Salerno, Italy
- De Sousa, Fabricio Simeoni, University of Sao Paulo (USP), Brazil
- Dong, Mianxiong, Muroran Institute of Technology, Japan
- Faragó, István, Eötvös Loránd University, Hungary
- Gavrilova, Marina L., University of Calgary, Canada
- Gorlatch, Sergei, Universität Münster, Germany
- Huang, Xinyi, Fujian Normal University, China
- Jiang, Hai, Arkansas State University, USA
- Kacsuk, Peter, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Katz, Daniel S., University of Illinois, USA
- Kobusińska, Anna, Poznań University of Technology, Poland
- Kolodziej, Joanna, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Liu, Yan, Concordia University, Canada
- Lopez, Matthew Graham, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Luo, Xiangfeng, Shanghai University, China
- Malyshkin, Victor, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russian Federation
- Massetto, Francisco Isidro, Federal University of ABC, Brazil
- Mehofer, Eduard, University of Vienna, Austria
- Navaux, Philippe O. A., Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Brazil
- Pop, Florin, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Ruede, Ulrich, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
- Sarkar, Nurul, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- See, Simon, Nvidia, Singapore, Singapore
- Shen, Jun, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Strazdins, Peter, Australian National University, Australia
- Sukhija, Nitin, Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Susilo, Willy, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Thulasiram, Ruppa K., University of Manitoba, Canada
- Turek, Stefan, University of Dortmund, Germany
- Wang, Bei, Princeton University, USA
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Wang, Guojun, Guangzhou University, China
- Wu, Suzhen, Xiamen University, China
- Zhang, Shunxiang, Anhui University of Science and Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Optimising emergency routes
15 May, 2020
Research published in the International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering, investigates how optimal routes might be calculated for emergency vehicles responding to a shout [...]More details...
Tightening up facial biometrics
27 May, 2020
Facial biometrics for security applications is an important modern technology. Unfortunately, there is the possibility of "spoofing" a person's face to the sensor or detection system through the use of a photograph or even video presented to the security system. A team from China has now developed a counter-measure that could preclude face spoofing and make such biometric security systems far less prone to abuse. The team reports details in the International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering [...]More details...
OCR for graffiti
18 March, 2020
Researchers in China have recognised that optical character recognition (OCR) has matured and can identify and extract information from documents that use standard writing styles. However, the world over people have very different ways of writing that might remain obscure to OCR. Moreover, people scrawl and gesture on tablets and phones and other devices in ways that are not even close to their normal handwriting and so are likely to be illegible to a computer [...]More details...
Internet of Healthcare privacy protocols
20 March, 2020
How can we keep electronic healthcare information secure in the world of the Internet of Things where diagnostic, devices, monitors, and other equipment are all connected? A team from India, writing in the International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering offers one possible solution [...]More details...
Predicting hurricane damage
15 January, 2020
Predicting the damage caused by a hurricane might be possible thanks to an analysis of semantic web resources, according to work published in the International Journal of Computational Science and Engineering [...]More details...
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.