International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. J. Paulo Davim
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2021 1.178 (5 Year Impact Factor 0.899)
- CiteScore 2020 2.2
IJSurfSE publishes refereed quality papers in the broad field of surface science and engineering including tribology, but with a special emphasis on the research and development in friction, wear, coatings and surface modification processes such as surface treatment, cladding, machining, polishing and grinding, across multiple scales from nanoscopic to macroscopic dimensions. High-integrity and high-performance surfaces of components have become a central research area in the professional community whose aim is to develop highly reliable ultra-precision devices.
Topics covered include
- Surface characterisation and metrology
- Surface integrity
- Contact mechanics
- Friction and wear, including mechanisms, modelling, characterisation, measurement and testing
- Interface temperatures of sliding surfaces
- Lubrication and lubricants
- Coatings and surface treatments
- Multiscale tribology including biomedical/biological systems and manufacturing processes
- Tribology of composite materials: metallic, polymeric and ceramic
- Tribological applications
- Nanoscale tribology
- Surface modifications, including surface cladding, cutting, polishing and grinding
- Special surfaces such as those for high-performance lenses
The objectives of IJSURFSE are to establish a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners. Because of the multiscale nature of surface science and engineering, IJSURFSE will provide a forum for cross-scale investigations into the property, integrity and durability of surfaces and subsurfaces of advanced elements.
Academics; materials researchers; materials, manufacturing and mechanical engineers; physicists in surface analysis; professionals in tribology and surface engineering and related industries.
From nanoscopic (e.g. nanoscience and nanotechnology) to macroscopic.
IJSURFSE publishes original research papers; review papers; technical papers and notes; short communications; discussion on papers; cases studies; special issues on selected topic reflecting important advances in the general field of surface science and technology.
IJSURFSE is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Technology and Management [TEMA] (WTi Frankfurt)
IJSURFSE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Davim, J. Paulo, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Tsai, Hung-Yin, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
Editorial Board Members
- Baptista, A. Monteiro, University of Porto, Portugal
- Bermúdez, M. D., Polytechnical University of Cartagena, Spain
- Bhushan, Bharat, Ohio State University, USA
- Celis, Jean-Pierre, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KULeuven), Belgium
- Colaço, Rogério, IST-Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- De Mello, José Daniel Biasoli, University Federal of Uberlândia, Brazil
- Fillon, Michel, Institut Pprime, CNRS - Université de Poitiers - ENSMA, UPR 3346, France
- Friedrich, K., University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Gao, Wei, Tohoku University, Japan
- Gomes, José, University of Minho, Portugal
- Grum, Janez, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Hodgson, Peter, Deakin University, Australia
- Holmberg, Kenneth, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland
- Huang, Han, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Jiang, Zhengyi, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Kapoor, Ajay, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Kuriyagawa, Tsunemoto, Tohoku University, Japan
- Li, Lin, University of Manchester, UK
- Luo, Jianbin, Tsinghua University, China
- Miranda, A. Sousa, University of Minho, Portugal
- Neville, Anne, University of Leeds, UK
- Ngan, Alfonso H W, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Polini, Riccardo, Università di Roma 'Tor Vergata', Italy
- Ramalho, Amílcar, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Rocha, Luís, University of Minho, Portugal
- Santo, Loredana, University of Rome 'Tor Vergata', Italy
- Seabra, Jorge, University of Porto, Portugal
- Sinatora, Amilton, University of S. Paulo, Brazil
- Sousa, Luisa, University of Porto, Portugal
- Subramanian, K., Saint-Gobain Co., USA
- Suh, Nam Pyo, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Teixeira, Vasco, University of Minho, Portugal
- Tieu, Kiet, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Vieira, Teresa, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Zhang, Liangchi, University of New South Wales, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Improved Clarivate Citation Reports and Impact Factors for Inderscience Journals
16 July, 2021
Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to announce that 2021's Journal Citation Reports from Clarivate Analytics have revealed advances in impact factors for many Inderscience journals, including the European Journal of Industrial Engineering, European Journal of International Management, International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, International Journal of Exergy, International Journal of Global Warming, International Journal of Mobile Communications, International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering, International Journal of Technology Management, International Journal of Web and Grid Services, and Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics.
The Editorial Office would like to congratulate and thank all editors, board members, authors and reviewers involved, and is pleased to see their endeavours rewarded in these latest Citation Reports.