International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Nilmini Wickramasinghe
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.6 (2019)
In today's Information Age, where technology and the digital era extend to all areas of organisational processes and functions, the role of virtual organisations and networking is increasing in both importance and significance. Therefore, IJNVO strives to present scholarly insights, leading research and theoretical advances and groundbreaking developments within the purview of networking and virtual organisations throughout the world, thereby providing readers with the latest knowledge and best practices pertaining to superior strategies and operations in a networked environment.
Topics covered include
- Network forms of organisations including inter-/intra-organisational networks
- Formal/informal networks incl. inter-personal networks
- Community, social, communication networks
- Networks in collaboration/competition
- Networks in science, technology studies
- Networks between industry/academia
- Networks in learning across institutional/disciplinary/geographical boundaries
- Global/local innovation networks, regional collaborative clusters, inter-firm networks
- Virtual networks, network theory applied to virtual organisations
- Organisations with changing/unclear boundaries
- Decentralised/more centrally coordinated networks and virtual organisations
- Management of dispersed project teams
- Network analysis methodology, incl. social network analysis, graph theory
- Virtual organisation/media use in developing countries
- Enterprise integration
The objective of IJNVO is to further the development of this dynamic, innovative and global topic.
IJNVO aims to establish channels of communication between relevant academics and research experts, policy makers and executives in industry, commerce and investment institutions.
IJNVO publishes: original papers; review papers; case studies; conferences reports; relevant technology and management reports and news, book reviews and notes. Commentaries on papers and reports published in the Journal are encouraged. Authors will have the opportunity to respond to the commentary on their work before the entire treatment is published.
IJNVO is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJNVO is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Wickramasinghe, Nilmini, Swinburne University and Epworth HealthCare, Australia
- Bali, Rajeev, Independent Consultant, UK
- Seitz, Juergen, DHBW Heidenheim, Germany
Editorial Board Members
- al-Qirim, Nabeel, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Carlsson, Christer, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
- Correa, Francisco Aguado, University of Huelva, Spain
- Davey, William, RMIT University, Australia
- Dwivedi, Ashish, University of Hull, UK
- Goldberg, Steve, INET International Inc., Canada
- Hampe, J. Felix, University of South Australia and University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
- Herrmann, Peter, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU Trondheim), Norway
- Hughes, Martin, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Naguib, Raouf, BIOCORE Research & Consultancy International, UK
- Nguyen, Quynh T., BIOCORE International Research and Consultancy Ltd, UK
- Pedersen, Mogens Kuehn, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Perlusz, Stefano, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Rutkowski, Ann, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Saito, Murako, Waseda University, Japan
- Sloane, Elliot, Drexel University, USA
- Spanjers, Ronald, Catharina Hospital & Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Swan, Jackie, University of Warwick, UK
- Tatnall, Arthur, Victoria University, Australia
- Terra da Silva, Marcia, University of San Paulo, Brazil
- Troshani, Indrit, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Vogel, Douglas R., Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Win, Khin Than, University of Wollongong, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Inderscience Editor in Chief receives Humboldt Research Award
5 March, 2021
Inderscience is pleased to announce that Prof. Nilmini Wickramasinghe, Editor in Chief of the International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology and the International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations, has won a Humboldt Research Award.
This award is conferred in recognition of the award winner's academic record. Prof. Wickramasinghe will be invited to carry out research projects in collaboration with specialists in Germany.
Inderscience's Editorial Office extends its warmest congratulations to Prof. Wickramasinghe for her achievement, and thanks her for her continuing stellar work on her journals.