International Journal of Value Chain Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zbigniew Pastuszak
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.7
Pressures of competitive forces have enhanced production process changes, supercharged by shortening product/technology development lifecycles, decreasing delivery times, reducing inventories and increasing customer satisfaction. Today's complex, globalised organisations focus on procurement, HRM, technological development and infrastructure. Integrating communication and increasing cooperation between production chain members is essential for managing value chains, critical for organisational survival and growth. Progressive organisations should cover physical as well as cyber market space. IJVCM reflects and explores these issues and developments in value chain management.
Topics covered include
- Value chain strategies, planning, design, development, analysis and applications
- Technological interventions in value chains
- Information and communication technologies
- Performance metrics
- Innovation, product development
- Supply chain management, logistics and distribution channel design
- Agile and lean manufacturing
- Value/relationship management, trust, partnerships, strategic alliances
- Knowledge network management
- Managing human resources, communication
- Managing change
- Global sourcing, e-procurement and e-commerce
- Demand forecasting/planning, order fulfilment, quick response time
- Offering value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large
- Network design and routing
The objectives of IJVCM are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, corporate bodies, practitioners, academic, research institutions and government agencies, and to understand how enterprises harness new opportunities to create value, reinvent value chains and alter industry structures. It also aims to sketch possible research directions in the field of value chain technology and management.
IJVCM provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the area of value chains, value creation, supply chains, operations, collaboration, sourcing, relationships, marketing, finance, and IT, to disseminate research knowledge, ideas and to learn from each other|s work.
IJVCM publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in value chain management will occasionally be published.
Commentaries on papers and reports published in IJVCM are encouraged. Authors will have the opportunity to respond to the commentary on their work before the entire treatment is published. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJVCM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJVCM is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Pastuszak, Zbigniew, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Law, Kris, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Muhos, Matti, University of Oulu, Finland
Editorial Advisory Board
- Dermol, Valerij, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abdulmuhsin, Amir. A., University of Mosul, Iraq
- Basol, Oguz, Kirklareli University, Turkey
- Breznik, Kristijan, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Buheji, Mohammed, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Galankashi, Masoud Rahiminezhad, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia
- Goh, Mark, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Hilletofth, Per, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Jereb, Borut, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Kavcic, Klemen, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Kowalska, Aleksandra, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Kundu, Goutam Kumar, VIT University, India
- Kuwornu, John, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Macik, Radoslaw, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Moustaghfir, Karim, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco
- Paliszkiewicz, Joanna Olga, Warsaw University of Life Science, Poland
- Paranitharan, K.P., Macros Management Consultancy, India
- Sachakamol, Punnamee, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Simatupang, Togar M., Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia
- Singh, Sanjay Kumar, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Trunk, Aleš, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Türkyilmaz, Ali, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.