International Journal of Earthquake and Impact Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Ehsan Noroozinejad
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
Earthquake and impact engineering are essential disciplines affecting the lives and properties of citizens in many parts of the world. They aim to understand the impact of seismic loading on buildings and other structures and infrastructures, avoiding future disasters. IJEIE is a peer-reviewed research journal offering an international forum fostering discussion on all aspects of the topic. It highlights the areas of earthquake hazard mitigation, preparedness and recovery germane to practicing engineers and reflecting state-of-the-art research.
Topics covered include
- Earthquake, structural and impact engineering
- Damaging earthquakes, new developments in regulations, national policies applied after major seismic events
- Earthquake hazard mitigation, preparedness and recovery
- Seismology, tsunamis, ground motion characteristics, soil and foundation dynamics, wave propagation
- Earthquake resistant design and retrofit of structures
- Supplemental energy dissipation, base isolation and structural control
- Lifelines and offshore structures under shock and vibrations
- Seismic code improvements
- Seismic response of bridges and other special structures
- Structural impact and failure
- Structural crashworthiness
- Blast loading and its effects on structures
- Testing/measurement techniques coupled with applications
The main objective of IJEIE is to improve the practice of earthquake hazard mitigation, preparedness and recovery. It aims to publish the original research findings related to the response of structures, bodies and materials to the exposure to earthquakes, impact and blast events. It aims to disseminate research and development work from engineering communities worldwide in the fields of earthquake and impact engineering and engineering seismology. Research on experimental, analytical, design and field studies are encouraged.
IJEIE is intended to serve the informational needs of the diverse professionals engaged in earthquake loss reduction: civil, geotechnical, mechanical and structural engineers; geologists, seismologists and other earth scientists; architects and city planners; public officials; social scientists; and researchers in all these disciplines. The journal provides a vehicle to help all these majors to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJEIE provides a forum for a broad blend of scientific and technical papers to reflect the evolving needs of the civil, forensic, structural, geotechnical and impact engineering, structural dynamics and structural/mechanical/earthquake related communities. Original state-of-the-art papers and case studies are welcome. Timely papers on field investigations following damaging earthquakes will be considered for accelerated review and publication. Also, the journal extends a special invitation to authors of short communications of new research findings that may not have been developed sufficiently to warrant full-length papers. Special issues on specific topics will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Noroozinejad, Ehsan, Graduate University of Advanced Technology, Iran
- Ozturk, Baki, Hacettepe University, Turkey
- Astaneh-Asl, Abolhassan, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Casapulla, Claudia, University of Napoli "FEDERICO II", Italy
- Hajirasouliha, Iman, University of Sheffield, UK
- Takewaki, Izuru, Kyoto University, Japan
Regional Editor Asia
- Ilki, Alper, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
Regional Editor Australia and New Zealand
- Chouw, Nawawi, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Regional Editor Europe
- Bogdanovic, Aleksandra, Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology, Macedonia, F.Y.R.
Regional Editor North America
- Yang, Tony T.Y., University of British Columbia, Canada
International Advisory Board
- Adam, Christoph, University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Alexander, David, University College London, UK
- Catbas, F. Necati, University of Central Florida (UCF), USA
- Chatzi, Eleni, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland
- Cimellaro, Gian Paolo, Politecnico Di Torino, Italy
- Lourenco, Paulo B., University of Minho, Portugal
- MacRae, Gregory, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Noori, Mohammad, California Polytechnic State University, USA
- Reinhorn, Andrei M., University at Buffalo, USA
- S. Moghadam, Abdoreza, International Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Seismology (IIEES), Iran
- Silva Gomes, Joaquim Francisco da, University of Porto, Portugal
- Ye, Jianqiao, Lancaster University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Akiyama, Mitsuyoshi, Waseda University, Japan
- Alam, Zeshan, Qingdao University of Technology, China
- Anagnostopoulos, Stavros A., University of Patras, Greece
- Aprile, Alessandra, University of Ferrara, Italy
- Asprone, Domenico, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Aydin, Ersin, Nigde Ömer Halisdemir University, Turkey
- Basu, Dhiman, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, India
- Beer, Michael, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Bento, Rita, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Challamel, Noël, University of South Brittany, France
- Chiorean, Cosmin G., Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Clemente, Paolo, Italian Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development, Italy
- Fragiadakis, Michalis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Gardoni, Paolo, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Giresini, Linda, University of Pisa, Italy
- Jahanshahi, Mohammad R., Purdue University, USA
- Jia, Gaofeng, Colorado State University, USA
- Jiang, Huanjun, Tongji University, China
- Jin, Wei-Liang, Zhejiang University, China
- Karavasilis, Theodore L., University of Patras, Greece
- Lucchini, Andrea, Sapienza University, Italy
- Maheshwari, B.K., Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
- Málaga-Chuquitaype, Christian, Imperial College London, UK
- Memari, Ali M., Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Metrikine, Andrei, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Mohamed Nazri, Fadzli, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Mwafy, Aman, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Nanda, Radhikesh Prasad, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India
- Ozbakkaloglu, Togay, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Peresan, Antonella, University of Trieste, Italy
- Pezeshk, Shahram, University of Memphis, USA
- Rodrigues, Hugo Filipe Pinheiro, Polytechnic of Leiria, Portugal
- Romão, Xavier, University of Porto, Portugal
- Saidani, Messaoud, Coventry University, UK
- Santa María, Hernán, Pontifical Catholic University of Chile, Chile
- Sbartai, Badreddine, Badji Mokhtar Annaba University, Algeria
- Silva, Vitor, University Fernando Pessoa, Portugal
- Sivandi-Pour, Abbas, Kerman Graduate University of Technology, Iran
- Talebi, Mohammad, Ivan Knowledge Enterprise, Iran
- Tesfamariam, Solomon, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Tsang, Hing-Ho, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Varum, Humberto, University of Porto, Portugal
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.