International Journal of Masonry Research and Innovation
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Gabriele Milani
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJMRI proposes and fosters discussion on the mechanics of masonry structures, with emphasis on a variety of topics including theoretical investigations, numerical approaches and technical applications in new works, repair practice and built heritage preservation. This perspective acknowledges the complexity of the masonry research sector, bridging between theory and application, with a readership spanning across from academia to industry.
Topics covered include
- Theoretical/numerical analysis of masonry structures
- Earthquake resistance and traditional-innovative retrofitting
- Masonry and building physics
- Repair and strengthening
- Conservation of historic buildings
- Codes and standards
- Innovation and sustainability of masonry
- New construction techniques/technologies
- Architecture with masonry
- Masonry materials and testing
- New developments in design/verification
- Reliability and performance
- Emblematic case studies
- Fire resistance
The objective of IJMRI is the publication and dissemination of original research devoted to masonry structures and innovation in new construction, repair and built heritage conservation. It therefore aims to provide a broad blend of scientific and technical papers, favouring exchange of ideas among theoreticians and practitioners active in different fields, including civil engineering, architecture, material science, cultural heritage, applied mathematics and others. The emphasis is placed on analytical, experimental, numerical and/or technological contributions of interest to researchers and practitioners in the field of masonry research and innovation. The journal will include information on aspects such as existing built heritage and new construction, including state-of-the-art aspects of innovative materials, construction technologies, design approaches, sustainability, energy efficiency, comfort, codes and regulations, emblematic case studies, historic buildings, training and education, among others.
Readership spans across from academia to industry, including, but not limited to:
- Academic: Graduate students and researchers
- Faculties: Staff members from departments of architecture, engineering (including civil, mechanical and material science) and conservation and restoration
- Practitioners: Civil engineers and architects
- Industry: Building industry in general (brick/block masonry producers, mortar producers, FRP and steel producers, advanced materials for repair and strengthening producers)
IJMRI publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in masonry research will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Milani, Gabriele, Technical University of Milan, Italy
- Adam, Jose M., Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Cluni, Federico, University of Perugia, Italy
- Plevris, Vagelis, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway
- Sarhosis, Vasilis, University of Leeds, UK
- Stavroulakis, Georgios, Technical University of Crete, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Addessi, Daniela, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Angelillo, Maurizio, Università degli Studi di Salerno (UNISA), Italy
- Asteris, Panagiotis G., School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, Greece
- Bagi, Katalin, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Bento, Rita, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Calderini, Chiara, University of Genoa, Italy
- Corradi, Marco, Northumbria University, UK
- Dhanasekar, Manicka, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Dubois, Frédéric, CNRS - Université de Montpellier, France
- Fouchal, Fazia, University of Limoges, France
- Gams, Matija, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Ghiassi, Bahman, University of Nottingham, UK
- Ghosh, Siddhartha, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Ivorra, Salvador, University of Alicante, Spain
- Laefer, Debra F., New York University, USA
- Lagomarsino, Sergio, University of Genoa, Italy
- Lebon, Frédéric, Aix Marseille Université, France
- Lemos, José V., LNEC (National Laboratory for Civil Engineering), Portugal
- Macorini, Lorenzo, Imperial College London, UK
- Magenes, Guido, Università di Pavia, Italy
- Masia, Mark John, The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Massart, Thierry J., Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium
- Miccoli, Lorenzo, Xella Technology and Research Centre, Germany
- Mojsilovic, Nebojsa, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Muñoz, Julián García, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
- Oliveira, Daniel, University of Minho, Portugal
- Parisi, Fulvio, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Parsekian, Guilherme Aris, Federal University of Sao Carlos (UFSCar), Brazil
- Perucchio, Renato, University of Rochester, USA
- Pietruszczak, Stan, McMaster University, Canada
- Rabinovitch, Oded, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- Roca, Pere, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Sacco, Elio, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
- Sandoval, Cristián, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile
- Schultz, Arturo E., University of Minnesota, USA
- Shrive, Nigel, University of Calgary, Canada
- Varum, Humberto, University of Porto, Portugal
- Verstrynge, Els, KU Leuven (Catholic University of Leuven), Belgium
- Vincens, Eric, Université de Lyon, France
- Vintzileou, Elizabeth, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.