International Journal of Medical Engineering and Informatics
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Dinesh P. Mital
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJMEI promotes an understanding of the structural/functional aspects of disease mechanisms and the application of technology towards the treatment/management of such diseases. It seeks to promote interdisciplinary collaboration between those interested in the theoretical and clinical aspects of medicine and to foster the application of computers and mathematics to problems arising from medical sciences. IJMEI includes authoritative review papers, the reporting of original research, and evaluation reports of new/existing techniques and devices. Each issue also contains a comprehensive information service.
Topics covered include
- Hospital information/medical record systems, data protection/privacy
- Disease modelling/analysis, evidence-based clinical modelling/studies
- Computer-based patient/disease management systems
- Clinical trials/studies, outcome-based studies/analysis
- Electronic patient monitoring systems
- Nanotechnology in medicine, medical applications
- Tissue engineering, artificial organs, biomaterials design
- Healthcare standards, service standardisation
- Controlled medical terminology/vocabularies
- Nursing informatics, systems integration
- Healthcare/hospital management, economics
- Medical technology, intelligent instrumentation, telemedicine
- Medical/molecular imaging, disease management
- Bioinformatics, human genome studies/analysis
- Drug design
The objectives of IJMEI are to develop, promote and establish effective channels of communication among academicians, researchers, health professionals, policy makers, government agencies, and research institutions in order to coordinate the research, development, practice and applications of computer technology in the areas related to medical engineering. IJMEI aims to help professionals working in the field, academic educators and policy-makers to contribute, to disseminate knowledge, and to learn from each other's work. The international dimension is emphasized in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological changes and exchanges in the global economy. IJMEI will provide an outstanding outlet that can shape a significant body of research in the field of medical engineering and informatics where results and new developments may be shared across institutions, governments, researchers and students, and also industry.
IJMEI will be of interest to physicians and surgeons, engineers and scientists, hospital administrators, and all personnel concerned with a practical approach to the application of technology to the field of medicine. In general, the readership will include those working in the fields of computing applied to the medical and life sciences, healthcare services, knowledge discovery, applied research, human genome, biotechnology, biomathematics, engineering and medicine.
IJMEI publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics pertaining medical engineering, clinical research, medical informatics, disease modelling, biomedical technology, human genome, bioengineering, life sciences, medical technology, clinical decision making systems, organ modelling and simulation, data mining, and knowledge engineering will also be published occasionally. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
An ideal paper will combine theory with experiment and papers published will range from theoretical modelling papers, computer based analysis and decision support to experimental clinical papers.
IJMEI also welcomes the submission of rapid communications, offering researchers the opportunity to pose problems and suggest pathways to the medical and informatics community and comment on topical issues and current research.
IJMEI is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Embase (Elsevier)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMEI is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Mital, Dinesh P., Rutgers, the State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abboud, Shimon, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Abeyratne, Udantha R., University of Queensland, Australia
- Agarwal, Rajesh, UCDHSC, USA
- Arya, Gaurav, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Prince Sultan University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Benha University, Egypt
- Bodenreider, Olivier, U.S. National Library of Medicine, USA
- Borgulya, Gábor, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Cai, Li, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
- Carson, Daniel D., University of Delaware, USA
- Chacón, Ricardo, Universidad de Extremadura, Spain
- Chapman, Brian, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Cheung, Kei, Yale Center for Medical Informatics, USA
- Chu, Tien-Min Gabriel, Indiana University, USA
- Cork, Douglas J., Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Cornet, Ronald, Academic Medical Center, Netherlands
- Cox, Benita, Imperial College, London, UK
- Degoulet, Patrice, Paris Descartes University, France
- Douglas, Tania, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Durka, Piotr J., Warsaw University, Poland
- Ebomoyi, William, Chicago State University, USA
- Fallon, James, University of California, USA
- Feng, Si-Shen, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Fukuda, Mitsunori, Tohoku University Aobayama, Japan
- Gu, Zhongwei, Sichuan University, China
- Hadfield, John A, University of Salford, UK
- Hwang, Jenn-Kang, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Ichimura, Takumi, Hiroshima City University, Japan
- Jain, Lakhmi C., University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Kheradvar, Arash, University of South Carolina, USA
- Kim, Kang, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Kumar, Sathish A.P., Coastal Carolina University, USA
- Liu, Wenguang, Tianjin University, China
- Lu, William, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Massad, Eduardo, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Merla, Arcangelo, University "G. d'Annunzio" –Chieti-Pescara, Italy
- Nagarajan, R., University Malaysia Perlis (UniMAP), Malaysia
- Oztekin, Asil, University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA
- Palaniswami, M., University of Melbourne, Australia
- Piva, Terrence, RMIT University, Australia
- Qian, Xiaoning, University of South Florida, USA
- Qian, You-Wen, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, USA
- Rao, C. Durga, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Rector, Alan, University of Manchester, UK
- Sankararamakrishnan, R., Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Song, Youqiang, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Tawfik, Hissam, Liverpool Hope University, UK
- Tiwari, Hemant K, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
- Tsumoto, Shusaku, Shimane University, Japan
- Varghese, Shyni, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Visweswaran, Shyam, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- White, Geoffrey, Discovery Technologies LLC, USA
- Williams, P. Bassey, Chicago State University, USA
- Wu, Jian-young, Georgetown University, USA
- Wu, Suh-Chin (Samuel), National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Yuce, Mehmet R., University of Newcastle, Australia
- Zhong, Li, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-Sen University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
International Journal of Medical Engineering and Informatics increases issues
4 September, 2019
The International Journal of Medical Engineering and Informatics has announced that it will be increasing issues from four to six from 2020 onwards.