International Journal of Advanced Media and Communication
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJAMC is a refereed scholarly journal that provides an open forum for researchers, academics, engineers, and service providers in multimedia, particularly new media and communications protocols. It focuses on the role of new media and communication technologies as the knowledge infrastructure and the effect of representing information in various formats according to quality of service and quality of experience. IJAMC aims to provide state-of-the art knowledge in all aspects of advanced multimedia communications technology. A special emphasis is given to interdisciplinary research.
Topics covered include
- Multimedia communications and Internet systems
- P2P protocols and network overlays
- Video/audio streaming and content delivery networks
- Distributed multimedia technology, protocols, services
- Multimedia information description, discovery, usage
- Multimedia content processing
- Collaborative environments
- Security and intellectual property management
- Educational multimedia and e-learning
- Medical media, communications, and applications
- Virtual reality and new media
- Massively multiuser virtual environments, online gaming
ObjectivesIJAMC aims at publishing high quality research papers produced by academics, engineers and invited guests on a variety of topics related to advanced multimedia communications. The research papers selected for publication in the journal are subject to an extensive review process by both internal and external referees. The mission of IJAMC is:
- To advance international research on multimedia communications by publishing high quality articles
- To expose the reader to various interdisciplinary use of new media
- To provide an authoritative journal for readers
IJAMC provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of information technology, telecommunications, computer science, and electrical engineering to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJAMC publishes original papers, review papers, case studies. Special Issues devoted to important topics in advanced media communications will occasionally be published. Excellent papers from international conferences are also published in this journal.
IJAMC is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJAMC is listed in:
- AERES [French research evaluation agency] journal lists
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Claypool, Mark, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Darlagiannis, Vasilios, EPFL IC LSIR, Switzerland
- Dispert, Helmut, Kiel University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Hefeeda, Mohamed, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Hosseini, Mojtaba, Magor Communications Corp, Canada
- Iglesias, Rosa, Ikerlan Research Centre, Spain
- Ko, Franz I.S., Dongguk University, South Korea
- Lang, Jochen, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Liu, Peter X., Carleton University, Canada
- Oliveira, Jauvane C. de, National Laboratory for Scientific Computation - LNCC / MCT, Brazil
- Ooi, Wei Tsang, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Pakravan, Mohammad Reza, Sharif University of Technology, Iran
- Petriu, Dorina C., Carleton University, Canada
- Rensing, Christoph, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
- Rimac, Ivica, Bell Laboratories, USA
- Sakr, Ziad, University of Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago
- Sawyer, Steve, Syracuse University, USA
- Shirmohammadi, Shervin, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Smari, Waleed, University of Dayton, USA
- Zink, Michael, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Zwass, Vladimir, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.