International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Terrence E. Brown
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 2.7 (2021)
The journal name relates to Harvard Business School's understanding of "The Entrepreneurial Venture" (Sahlmann/Stevenson/Roberts/Bhidé), the concept of entrepreneurship not only limited to new ventures/start-ups, but further understood as the concentration of opportunity/growth/value creation regardless of company size, age or kind. Hence, IJEV addresses organisational processes surrounding these concepts: from an idea to an innovation. To bridge the gap between innovation and entrepreneurship research, IJEV emphasises implications of this new knowledge for researchers, managers, public policy makers and business educators.
Topics covered include
- Opportunity: identification; recognition; creation; selection; exploitation
- Growth: management of rapidly growing enterprises; control
- Value creation: for owners; for customers; other stakeholders; society
- Entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship
- New venture creation
- Management of technology and innovation
- New product development and creativity
- SME management
- Entrepreneurial and small enterprise finance
- Crowdsourcing and crowdfunding
- Family business
- Gender and diversity
- Global entrepreneurship and internationalisation
- Public policy, the economy, and the small enterprise
- Business and organisational failure
The objective of IJEV is to provide an international forum in the field of management with particular focus on the key drivers of innovation and entrepreneurship by publishing high quality research articles. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in these fields of management. As these areas have both industrial and societal implications, IJEV encourages the broadening and deepening of thought in these fields.
Furthermore, IJEV has been established to be an effective channel of communication between researchers, managers and policy makers, as well as others concerned with the complex and dynamic role of opportunity, growth and value creation in society. The international dimension is emphasised in acknowledgement of the growing globalisation of business and management and in order to overcome cultural and national barriers.
IJEV provides a vehicle to help academics, professionals, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of innovation, entrepreneurship, strategy and business educationk to create and disseminate quality knowledge. The journal also provides a forum to allow interested parties to learn from each other's work.
IJEV publishes original research: conceptual papers, empirical papers, review papers, case studies, book reviews and commentaries. Special Issues devoted to important topics in entrepreneurship and related topics will be published occasionally.
IJEV is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJEV is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- The BFI lists
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- FMS Journal Rating Guide
- ICI World of Journals (Copernicus)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- VHB-JOURQUAL (Germany)
Editor in Chief
- Brown, Terrence E., KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Chen, Jin, Tsinghua University, China
- Leitão, João, University of Beira Interior & CEG-IST, University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Tipu, Syed A., University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Editorial Board Members
- Åmo, Bjørn Willy, Bodø Graduate School of Business, Norway
- Bala Subrahmanya, Mungila Hilleman, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Blomgren, Henrik J. E., Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Brem, Alexander, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Cooney, Thomas M., Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland
- Filser, Matthias, University of Liechtenstein, Liechtenstein
- Fink, Matthias, Johannes Kepler University of Linz, Austria and Anglia Ruskin University, UK, Austria
- Giones, Ferran, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Gundolf, Katherine, Montpellier Business School, France
- Hegarty, Cecilia, PLATO EBR, Ireland
- Hughes, Mathew, Loughborough University, UK
- Ingram, Tomasz, University of Economics in Katowice, Poland
- Jahanshahi, Asghar Afshar, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Peru
- Jensen, Søren H., Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Kauranen, Ilkka, Aalto University, Finland
- Klein, Peter G., Baylor University, USA
- Kontinen, Tanja, Jyväskylä University , Finland
- Kraus, Sascha, École Supérieure du Commerce Extérieur Paris, France
- Lévesque, Moren, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Laveren, Eddy, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Märk, Stefan, Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, Austria
- Mazze, Edward M., University of Rhode Island, USA
- Mets, Tõnis, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Morrish, Sussie, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Noke, Hannah, University of Nottingham , UK
- O'Dwyer, Michele, University of Limerick , Ireland
- Proksch, Dorian, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Germany
- Rebernik, Miroslav, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Schwarzkopf, Jimmy, STKI, Israel
- Serarols i Tarrés, Christian, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Syrjä, Pasi, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Tokarski, Kim Oliver, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Wagner, Kerstin, University of Applied Sciences Chur, Switzerland
- Weitzel, Utz, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Zolin, Roxanne, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.