International Journal of Manufacturing Research
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Lihui Wang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.0 (2021)
Much research has been devoted to improving manufactured product quality and manufacturing process efficiency. With recent advances in computer and network technologies, sensors, control systems and manufacturing machines, manufacturing research has progressed to a new level. In addition, new research areas in manufacturing are emerging to address problems encountered in the evolving manufacturing environment. IJMR has been established to report state-of-the-art and new developments in modern manufacturing research, and publishes innovative methodologies and solutions to problems challenging today's manufacturing operations. The journal is sponsored by the Swedish Production Academy.
Topics covered include
- Process modelling and simulation
- Computing and numerical analysis
- Process design and optimisation
- Production planning and scheduling
- Sensors and control technologies
- Measurement data processing
- Robotics and automation
- Web-based technologies
- Artificial intelligence in manufacturing
- Condition based maintenance
The objectives of IJMR are to establish active channels of communication between academic researchers and manufacturing practitioners, and to promote innovative research on improving manufacturing flexibility, efficiency and adaptability in decentralised dynamic environments. The international dimension is emphasised in order to solve problems associated with manufacturing outsourcing and globalisation. Knowledge sharing and technology transfer can also be accelerated through this journal. The primary focus of IJMR is on the state of the art of manufacturing research, targeting today’s challenges and tomorrow’s needs.
IJMR provides a forum to help academic researchers, manufacturing practitioners, and university students, working in the field of manufacturing research, to disseminate information and to share knowledge for manufacturing advancement.
IJMR publishes original research papers, literature review reports, case studies of current interest, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in manufacturing research will also be published occasionally.
IJMR is indexed in:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMR is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Wang, Xi Vincent, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Brennan, Robert W., University of Calgary, Canada
- Feng, Hsi-Yung, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Battaïa, Olga, KEDGE Business School, France
- Ragai, Ihab, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Stecca, Giuseppe, National Research Council of Italy, Italy
- Tiwari, Manoj Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Wuest, Thorsten, West Virginia University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Adeli, Hojjat, Ohio State University, USA
- Ahmad, Munir, Teesside University, UK
- Alting, Leo, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Ashayeri, Jalal, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University London, UK
- Chu, Chih-Hsing, National Tsing Hua University, China
- De Vin, Leo J., University of Karlstad, Sweden
- Elbestawi, Mohamed A., McMaster University, Canada
- ElMaraghy, Hoda A., University of Windsor, Canada
- Fuh, Jerry Y.-H., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Gao, Robert X., Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Hansen, Hans Nørgaard, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Hinduja, Sri, The University of Manchester, UK
- Huang, George Q., The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Inasaki, Ichiro, Chubu University, Japan
- Ji, Wei, Sandvik Coromant, Sweden
- Kruth, Jean-Pierre, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Kurfess, Thomas R., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Kusiak, Andrew, University of Iowa, USA
- Li, Yingguang, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
- Liang, Steven Y., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Maropoulos, Paul G., Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Moriwaki, Toshimichi, Kobe University, Japan
- Nee, Andrew Yeh-Ching, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Newman, Stephen T., University of Bath, UK
- Ozel, Tugrul, Rutgers University, USA
- Rajurkar, Kamlakar P., University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA
- Seliger, Günther, Technical University of Berlin – IWF, Germany
- Stecke, Kathryn E., University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Ulsoy, A. Galip, University of Michigan, USA
- Wang, Gang, Tsinghua University , China
- Wright, Paul K., University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Xi, Jeff, Ryerson University, Canada
- Xu, Xun William, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Zhou, Jack, Drexel University , USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
International Journal of Manufacturing Research indexed by Clarivate Analytics' Emerging Sources Citation Index
31 August, 2022
Prof. Lihui Wang, Editor in Chief of the journal, says, "The International Journal of Manufacturing Research, launched in 2006, is dedicated to disseminating the latest advances in manufacturing research at the levels of devices, machines, processes and systems. The journal is sponsored by the Swedish Production Academy, and after more than sixteen years of valuable contributions from authors, the editorial board, the publisher and the research community, IJMR has established itself as a high-quality publishing venue for researchers worldwide. As Editor in Chief, I am delighted that the journal is now indexed by Clarivate Analytics’ Emerging Sources Citation Index, as part of the Web of Science Core Collection. Going forward, IJMR aims to further advance the state of the art in manufacturing research, in order to contribute to a sustainable and resilient environment for all."