International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business
- Prof. Dr. Susanne Royer
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJGSB explores opportunities and threats of globalisation for small businesses as well as small businesses'strategic options in an increasingly global world. Dramatic changes in contemporary society and the economy have impacts on small businesses. The changing environment negatively influences the development and survival of smaller organisations in some areas and creates new opportunities in others. Small firms'managers increasingly have to cope with global as well as local competitive dimensions. Research in this broad field thus is highly relevant.
Topics covered include
- International strategies of small businesses
- Entrepreneurship in global businesses
- Small businesses in a changing environment
- Globalisation in family businesses
- New international paths, e.g. by 'born globals'
- Impact of e-commerce on small businesses
- Innovation management in global competition
- International education for small businesses
- Change of values in small businesses
ObjectivesThe objectives of the IJGSB are to develop, promote and coordinate the research and practice in globalisation and small business management. It aims to help professionals working in the field, small business owners, business educators and policy makers to contribute or disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of a changing global economy. The IJGSB wishes to help small businesses by exploring the opportunities and threats of globalisation and by providing strategic options.
Academics, research workers, and students - especially students in doctoral, MBA and similar programs - executives and managers, policy makers and administrators in private and public sector enterprises and systems; management consultants and specialists in business functions, e.g. in research and development departments or human resource development.
IJGSB publishes original papers, review papers, reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in globalisation or small business management will occasionally be published.
IJGSB is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJGSB is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Royer, Susanne, University of Flensburg, Germany
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Bengtsson, Lars, Lund University, Sweden
- Boyd, Britta, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Casprini, Elena, Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna, Italy
- Coluccia, Daniela, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Dietl, Helmut M., University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Fait, Monica, University of Salento, Italy
- Festing, Marion, ESCP Europe, Germany
- Fletcher, Denise, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Galati, Antonino, Università degli Studi di Palermo, Italy
- Gilroy, Bernard Michael, Universität Paderborn, Germany
- Glodek, Pawel, University of Lodz, Poland
- Hine, Damian, University of Queensland, Australia
- Hinz, Holger, University of Flensburg, Germany
- Joshi, Manoj, Amity University, India
- Justinek, Gorazd, Graduate School of Government and European Studies, Slovenia
- Kolte, Ashutosh, Savitribai Phule Pune University, India
- Leone, Daniele, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Martini, Elvira, University of Sannio, Italy
- McNaughton, Rod, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Motoya, Ruri, Oita University, Japan
- Patnaik, Srikanta, SOA University and Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Pillania, Rajesh K., Management Development Institute Gurgaon, India
- Poggesi, Sara, Tor Vergata University, Italy
- Romano Carrão, Ana Maria, Universidade Metodista de Piracicaba, Brazil
- Schiavone, Francesco, University Parthenope of Naples, Italy
- Scorrano, Paola, University of Salento, Italy
- Sharma, Milind Kumar, Jai Narain Vyas University, India
- Thérin, François, De Vinci Business School/Ecole de Management Leonard de Vinci, France
- Van der Sijde, Peter, VU University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Villasalero Díaz, Manuel, University of Castilla-La Mancha, Spain
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.