International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance
- Prof. Bruno S. Sergi
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
International money, banking and finance have become central to understanding how modern open economies and national economic policies work and interact. IJMEF is an international, peer-reviewed journal at the forefront of economic research, fostering discussion on advances in research which have a significant, long-term impact. With articles from both economists and finance experts, IJMEF represents a focal point for understanding issues involved in economic growth, providing a truly global perspective on monetary and financial questions at national and international levels.
Topics covered include
- International financial institutions
- Monetary theory
- Exchange rates and interest rates
- Bank services and development
- Central banking
- International banking
- Credit and financial markets
- Open economy macroeconomics
- International finance
- Financial markets and institutions
- Corporate governance
- Financial liberalisation
- Financial performance
- Credit channels
IJMEF is a platform for the dissemination of applied and policy-oriented research. It applies a rigid peer-reviewed approach, which aims to publish only very selective, substantive new empirical, methodological and theoretical research. The journal's emphasis is on empirical studies on monetary economics, international economics, financial economics and financial markets from developed and developing economies. Editors particularly encourage the submission of papers that are relevant for economic policy and bridge the gap between theory and policy in macroeconomics and finance. Submissions to IJMEF must be original in their motivation, modelling structure or results. IJMEF seeks to facilitate communications between academics and practitioners on domestic and international issues.
IJMEF provides a scientific vehicle for researchers, policy makers, national and corporate treasuries, central and investment banks, international organisations, and academic institutions.
IJMEF invites and welcomes theoretical and applied papers, case studies, and special issues. The journal will also publish review papers, technical reports, and case studies.
IJMEF is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
IJMEF is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Sergi, Bruno S., University of Messina, Italy
- Choudhry, Moorad, Habib Bank AG, London, UK
- Matousek, Roman, Nottingham University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Barghouthi, Sameer Al, Al Falah University, United Arab Emirates
- Centorrino, Mario, University of Messina, Italy
- Constantinides, George M., University of Chicago Booth, USA
- Courakis, Anthony S., Permanent Delegation of Greece to the OECD, France
- Elfakhani, Said, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Errunza, Vihang, McGill University, Canada
- Essayyad, Musa, McNeese State University, USA
- Fidanoski, Filip, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- Fonseca, José Soares da, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Giammarino, Ron, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Islam, Sardar M. N., Victoria University, Australia
- Limosani, Michele, University of Messina, Italy
- Mallick, Sushanta, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- McGoun, Elton G., Bucknell University, USA
- Mollah, Sabur, Swansea University, UK
- Naghshpour, Shahdad, The University of Southern Mississippi, USA
- Navarra, Pietro, University of Messina, Italy
- Olmo, Jose, City University (London), UK
- Onour, Ibrahim A., University of Khartoum, Sudan
- Payne, James E., Benedictine University, USA
- Petrevski, Goran, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia, F.Y.R.
- Pilbeam, Keith, City University (London), UK
- Rahman, Matiur, McNeese State University, USA
- Rehman, Ijaz Ur, Al Falah University, United Arab Emirates
- Rossi, Sergio, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
- Roussenova, Lena, Bulgarian National Bank, Bulgaria
- Šević, Željko, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia
- Smith, Julie K, Lafayette College, USA
- Stavárek, Daniel, Silesian University, Czech Republic
- Trinugroho, Irwan, Universitas Sebelas Maret (UNS), Indonesia
- Walter, Ingo, New York University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Improving Indonesian health
28 September, 2018
In 2014, Indonesia introduced National Health Insurance. One of the goals of the new program was to increase the use of generic, rather than expensive proprietary pharmaceuticals. In 2011, generic use was low at 14% whereas policymakers and purse-string holders felt that if the use of generics was broadened much greater savings could be made. A large survey of patients revealed that information from one's physician has the biggest effect on whether or not patients opt for a generic version of the medication they require. Additionally, experience with a given pharmaceutical also has a significant impact on whether or not the generic drug is chosen in preference to the proprietary product [...]More details...