International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zhihua Cui
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2017 2.266 (5-Year Impact Factor 2.000)
IJBIC discusses the new bio-inspired computation methodologies derived from the animal and plant world, such as new algorithms mimicking the wolf schooling, the plant survival process, etc.
Topics covered include
- New bio-inspired methodologies coming from
- creatures living in nature
- artificial society
- physical/chemical phenomena
- New bio-inspired methodology analysis tools, e.g. rough sets, stochastic processes
- Brain-inspired methods: models and algorithms
- Bio-inspired computation with big data: algorithms and structures
- Applications associated with bio-inspired methodologies, e.g. bioinformatics
The major goal of IJBIC is the publication of new research results on bio-inspired computation methods and their applications. IJBIC provides the scientific community and industry with a vehicle whereby ideas using two or more conventional and computational intelligence based techniques can be discussed.
Bio-inspired computation is an umbrella term for different computational approaches that are based on principles or models of biological systems. This class of methods, such as evolutionary algorithms, ant colony optimisation, and swarm intelligence, complements traditional techniques in the sense that the former can be applied to large-scale applications where little is known about the underlying problem and where the latter approaches encounter difficulties. Therefore, bio-inspired methods are becoming increasingly important in the face of the complexity of today's demanding applications, and accordingly they have been successfully used in various fields ranging from computer engineering and mechanical engineering to chemical engineering and molecular biology.
IJBIC is especially intended for furthering the overall understanding of new algorithms simulated with various bio-phenomena beyond the current focus, i.e. genetic algorithms, Tabu search, etc. Its objective is improvement in theory and applications of the bio-computation field. Algorithms should therefore be carefully designed and appropriately analysed, and authors are encouraged to assess the statistical validity of their results whenever possible.
IJBIC is aimed at professionals, academics, students, researchers and policy makers who are interested in the potential of bio-inspired techniques for solving problems. In particular, this includes people with backgrounds in computer science, mathematics, engineering, and quantitative management science.
IJBIC publishes high-quality original papers, review articles and technical reports. Conference papers may be accepted if they have been substantially extended. Special issues of the journal that focus in on a particular aspect of the field are also published from time-to-time.
IJBIC is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJBIC is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Cui, Zhihua, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Deb, Suash, Cambridge Institute of Technology, India
- Gams, Matjaz, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Sanyal, Sugata, Tata Consultancy Services, India
- Xiao, Renbin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Yang, Xin-She, Middlesex University, UK
- Zhang, Mengjie, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Zhang, Wensheng, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Editorial Board Members
- Abonyi, Janos, University of Veszprém, Hungary
- Akerkar, Rajendra, Western Norway Research Institute (Vestlandsforsking), Norway
- Alavi, Amir H., University of Missouri, USA
- Alex, Rajan, West Texas A&M University, USA
- Alihodzic, Adis, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Camacho, David, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Cao, Jian, Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
- Chang, Wanli, University of York, UK
- Chbeir, Richard, Bourgogne University, France
- Chen, Yi, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
- Cortés, Pablo, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
- Cui, Zhiwei, General Motors, USA
- De Carvalho, Andre Ponce de Leon F., University of São Paulo, Spain
- De Rango, Floriano, University of Calabria, Italy
- Del Ser Lorente, Javier, TECNALIA and University of the Basque Country UPV/EHU, Spain
- Fernández Martínez, Juan Luis, University of Oviedo, Spain
- Fister Jr., Iztok, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Gao, Xiao-Zhi, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- García Gonzalo, Maria Esperanza, University of Oviedo, Spain
- Gong, Maoguo, Xidian University, China
- Hassanien, Aboul Ella, Cairo University, Egypt
- Iglesias Prieto, Andres, University of Cantabria, Spain
- Kumar, Rajesh, Malaviya National Institute of Technology, India
- Kwasnicka, Halina, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
- Ludermir, Teresa B, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Mallipeddi, Rammohan, Kyungpook National University, South Korea
- Mei, Yi, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Miao, Qiguang, Xidian University, China
- Nedjah, Nadia, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Ouaarab, Aziz, Mohammed V-Agdal University, Morocco
- Panigrahi, B.K., Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, India
- Papa, João Paulo, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Brazil
- Parsopoulos, Konstantinos E., University of Ioannina, Greece
- Patnaik, Srikanta, SOA University and Interscience Institute of Management and Technology, Bhubaneswar, India
- Pedrycz, Witold, University of Alberta, Canada
- Pei, Yan, University of Aizu, Japan
- Peters, James F., University of Manitoba, Canada
- Pichappan, Pit, Al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Qin, Kai, RMIT University, Australia
- Sangaiah, Arun Kumar, VIT University, India
- Srivastava, Praveen Ranjan, Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak, India
- Vasilakos, Athanasios, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden
- Vrahatis, Michael N., University of Patras, Greece
- Wang, Gai-Ge, Ocean University of China, China
- Wang, Hui, Nanchang Institute of Technology, China
- Wang, Ruili, Massey University, New Zealand
- Wu, Guohua, Central South University, China
- Yan, Xuesong, China University of Geosciences, China
- Yeh, Wei-Chang, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Yin, Minghao, Northeast Normal University, China
- Zhang, Xingyi, Anhui University, China
- Zheng, Yujun, Zhejiang University of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.