International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.4
In today's global economy, the most successful engineering managers rely on a combination of technical skills and business principles. Industrial and systems engineering (ISE) aims at imparting fundamental knowledge to develop the ability to address complex industrial issues, highlighting how to design, run, control and optimise production systems. IJISE addresses the development of ISE principles, tools, systems and methods with special emphasis on the applications of ISE techniques and tools in improving organisational productivity and competitiveness in global markets.
Topics covered include
- Engineering economic analysis
- Computer methods for engineering
- Engineering experimental design
- CIMS, robotics and automation
- Quality engineering, environment risk analysis
- Systems reliability engineering, maintenance analysis
- Human factors/ergonomics in design
- Simulation modelling/analysis
- System design and control systems, concurrent engineering
- Production systems analysis/design
- Facilities layout/design
- Financial/investment engineering
- Information systems, ICT, AI/expert systems design
- Project management, decision support systems
- Technology management/transfer
The main objective of IJISE is to provide a platform for interaction between researchers and practitioners who are dealing with ISE theory and applications. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of ISE. A systems perspective is emphasised with the objective of developing new industrial engineering concepts and technologies to meet the needs of organisational changes in the global e-markets. IJISE will provide executives and academics with the state of the art of ISE theory and applications. It aims to facilitate the exchange of information on the advances in ISE among researchers and practitioners.
IJISE acts as a vehicle to help professionals, academics and researchers working in the field of ISE to disseminate information and latest developments and to learn from each other's research.
IJISE publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, book reviews, and notes. Special Issues devoted to important topics in ISE will occasionally be published.
IJISE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJISE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, Penn State Harrisburg, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abbasi, Ghaleb, University of Jordan, Jordan
- Abdel-Malek, Layek, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Al-Ahmari, Abdulrahman M., King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Allen, Theodore T., The Ohio State University, USA
- Askin, Ronald, Arizona State University, USA
- Büyüközkan, Gülçin, Galatasaray University, Turkey
- Backhouse, Chris, Loughborough University, UK
- Banerjee, Pat, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Baykasoglu, Adil, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
- Booth, Richard, Aston University, UK
- Boucher, Thomas, Rutgers University, USA
- Brennan, Robert W., University of Calgary, Canada
- Bush, Stephen, University of Manchester, UK
- Butt, Steven, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, USA
- Campagne, Jean-Pierre, INSA de Lyon, France
- Chen, Chin-Sheng, Florida International University, USA
- Chen, Yuh-Min, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Cheraghi, S. Hossein, Wichita State University, USA
- Chew, Ek Peng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Chou, Yon-Chun, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Cochran, Jefferey, Arizona State University, USA
- Deshmukh, Sanjeev, Indian Institute of Technology - Delhi, India
- Fang, Liping, Ryerson University, Canada
- Fox, Mark, University of Toronto, Canada
- Helo, Petri T., University of Vaasa, Finland
- Huang, Samuel, University of Cincinnati, USA
- Ji, Guojun, Xiamen University, China
- Khoshnevis, Behrokh, University of Southern California, USA
- Kim, Yeong-Dae, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Krishnamurthi, Murali, Northern Illinois University, USA
- Lau, Henry C. W., University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Lee, H. Felix, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, USA
- Lee, Yuan-Shin, North Carolina State University, USA
- Logendran, Rasaratnam, Oregon State University, USA
- Mak, Kai Ling, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Maropoulos, Paul G., Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Narendran, T.T., Indian Institute of Technology - Madras, India
- Noble, James S., University of Missouri, USA
- O'Sullivan, David, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Pati, Niranjan, Rowan University, USA
- Perkins, James R., Boston University, USA
- Pines, Edward, New Mexico State University, USA
- Piplani, Rajesh, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Platts, Ken, University of Cambridge, UK
- Pulat, P. Simin, The University of Oklahoma, USA
- Rai, Bharatendra K., University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth, USA
- Salvendy, Gavriel, Purdue University, USA
- Shikdar, Ashraf, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Son, Young-Jun, University of Arizona, USA
- Tabucanon, Mario, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Thorstenson, P. Anders, Aarhus School of Business, Denmark
- Tuominen, Markku, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Van Wassenhove, Luk N., INSEAD, France
- Werner, Herbert, Technical University Hamburg-Harburg, Germany
- Zhang, Chun (Chuck), Florida A&M University - FSU, USA
- Zheng, Li, Tsinghua University, China
- Zohadie, Muhamad, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Natural additives improve biodegradable plastics
2 February, 2022
There have been many efforts over the years to find simpler ways to collect and recycle plastics into secondary use products, but these have limited success given the huge scale of production around the world. There has also been considerable research effort put into finding ways to make biodegradable alternatives to plastic, some of which may still be derived from petrochemicals but others that turn to crops raised for the specific purpose of making novel materials. New work published in the International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, has looked at the possibility of making biodegradable plastics using natural additives to replace wholly synthetic materials. Amal Elhussieny, Marwa Faisal, and Irene S. Fahim of the Nile University in Giza, Egypt, and Giacomo D'Angelo, Nesma T. Aboulkhair, and Nicola M. Everitt of the University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK, explain how they have looked at the alternatives to plastic film that have natural additives for reinforcement [...]More details...