International Journal of Microstructure and Materials Properties
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. ZhengMing Sun
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
IJMMP publishes contributions on mechanical, electrical, magnetic and optical properties of metal, ceramic and polymeric materials in terms of the crystal structure and microstructure. Papers treat all aspects of materials, i.e., their selection, characterisation, transformation, modification, testing, and evaluation in the decision-making phase of product design/manufacture. Contributions in the fields of product, design and improvement of material properties in various production processes are welcome, along with scientific papers on new technologies, processes and materials, and on the modelling of processes.
Topics covered include
- Materials'properties improvement, special properties, advanced techniques
- Mechanical/physical/nondestructive testing, characterisation
- Integrity after mechanical machining/heat treating/surface modification
- Creep/fatigue testing, failure analysis, fractures
- Surface characterisation, chemical analysis, microanalysis
- Precipitation/dispersion/strain hardening, dislocation interactions
- Deformation-induced distortion, structure formation in deformed metals/alloys
- Plastic/cyclic strain, quenching/distortion of steels, static/fatigue strength
- Analytical representation of creep curves
- Quantitative microscopy, particle size distribution, metal/alloy properties
- Chemical/heat treatment of metals/alloys, solute strengthening
- Polymers/metals/ceramics interface, mould/metal interface, casting/forging quality
- Laser/electron beam surface engineering/modification
- Solid/liquid interface morphologies vs solidification rate
- Microstructure formation modelling/evaluation, metals/alloys simulation
The objectives of the IJMMP are to establish an effective channel of communication between academic and research institutions and persons concerned with industrial research supported by practical application. It also aims at promoting and coordinating developments in the field of materials processing technology and materials testing according to microstructure and materials properties at macro and micro levels. The international dimension is emphasised in order to meet the latest needs of accelerating theoretical knowledge and practical verification of new technologies and products.
IJMMP is intended to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of material technology and materials testing, physical modelling or simulation of various processes in the materials, engineering education, to disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work.
IJMMP publishes original papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special issues devoted to important topics from the field of Microstructure and Materials Properties will occasionally be published.
IJMMP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Technology and Management [TEMA] (WTi Frankfurt)
IJMMP is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Sun, ZhengMing, Southeast University, China
Regional Editor Asia
- Arimoto, Kyozo, Arimotech Ltd., Japan
Regional Editor North and South America
- Colas, Rafael, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexico
Editorial Board Members
- Baake, Egbert, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- Babul, Tomasz, Instytut Mechaniki Precyzyjnej, Poland
- Buchwalder, Anja, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
- Calabrese, Luigi, University of Messina, Italy
- Canale, Lauralice C.F., Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Cerjak, Horst H., Technical University Graz, Austria
- Colás, Rafael, Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Mexico
- Dahotre, Narendra B., University of North Texas, USA
- De Hosson, Jeff, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Felde, Imre, Óbuda University, Hungary
- Gür, Cemil Hakan, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Hamed, Mohamed S., McMaster University, Canada
- Kulu, Priit, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Liščić, Božidar, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Luo, Xinmin, Jiangsu University, China
- Mayr, Peter, Technische Universität Chemnitz, Germany
- Mazal, Pavel, Brno University of Technology (BUT Brno), Czech Republic
- Ocaña, José Luis, E.T.S. Ingenieros Industriales (U.P.M.), Spain
- Pellizzari, Massimo, University of Trento, Italy
- Pleshivtseva, Yulia, Samara State Technical University, Russian Federation
- Réti, Tamas, Bánki Donát Polytechnic, Hungary
- Roósz, András, Institute of Materials Science, Hungary
- Rosso, Mario, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Rudnev, Valery, INDUCTOHEAT, USA
- Savin, Adriana, Iasi, Romania
- Scholtes, Berthold, Universität Kassel, Germany
- Segerberg, Soren, Heattec, Sweden
- Sitek, Wojciech, Lilesian University of Technology, Poland
- Smoljan, Božo, University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Smyth, Niall, Coventry University, UK
- Tisza, Miklós, University of Miskolc, Hungary
- Torralba, Jose M., Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Torsten, Ericsson, Linköping University, Sweden
- Totten, George E., G.E. Totten & Associates, Inc., and Portland State University, USA
- Vander Voort, George F., Vander Voort Consulting, USA
- Vilar, Rui, Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Wojnar, Leszek, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Zoch, Hans-Werner, IWT - Stiftung Institut für Werkstofftechnik, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Microstructure and Materials Properties
17 May, 2019
Prof. ZhengMing Sun from Southeast University in China has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Microstructure and Materials Properties.